First Date - Kevin

First Date

Your heels clicked on the hardwood floor, pacing across your living room, as a buzzing from your phone on the counter. With a puzzling look on your face you walked over and opened the new message.

I have something special planned. A man in a suit and tie will come and pick you up soon. Don’t worry I sent him. I am sure you look beautiful. See you soon – Kev

You leaned against the counter, slipping off your heels as you covered your face with your hands. Your first date with Kevin ever, you knew that this would happen, but you wished that it didn’t. You haven’t seen him for a couple weeks due to his schedule. You worried about everything now. Slipping your phone in your pockets you smoothed out your dress and slipped on your heels before a bone breaking knock came from the door. You grabbed a jacket and opened the door.

“I am here on behalf of Kevin Woo.” The tall man that was dressed quite nicely in his black tux. You nodded your head and took his arm as you closed your door behind him. He led you out to the lobby where there was a nice extended car waiting for you. Another man opened the doors for you as you sat into the expensive car. The two men up front hopped in and drove off. You watched the lights of the city bounce off of the onyx black car. The city began to ebb away as the countryside took over the gap. Trees lined the streets as leaves overtook the road.

You checked your makeup for the hundredth time as the car began to slow arriving to a lodge looking house. One of the men got out and opened the door for you, escorting you through the doors and the checkout. He handed you off to one of the ushers as he bowed to you. The usher took you to a front row table as he asked you if you wanted anything. You ordered a small drink as you sat in the booth all alone, wondering what was going to happen now. After all this was only your first date with Kevin. You shook your jacket off your shoulders as you laid it across your lap. Your drink arrived and the house lights dimmed as people’s chatter diminished as well.

A single spotlight hit the back curtain as a man walked down and found his chair in the middle of the raised stage. His face was darkened; his hair looked familiar as it covered his face as he pulled the microphone up to his lips. Music softly started as he smoothed out his tux, his head slowly lifted as his eyes peered out to the audience. His voice was so familiar as he sung his song with that heart that was so familiar to you yet distant.

If every word I said
Could make you laugh
I’d talk forever
I asked the sky just what we had
It showed forever
(together my love)
If the song I sing to you
Could fill your heart with joy
I’d sing forever
(together my love)

He moved from his seat, never breaking his gaze on you. He walked down the steps and sat gently on the last few as you realized that it was him. Kevin he didn’t desert you or bail on you, he was here. You smiled as you held your head up with your hands. Tears formed in your eyes as you listened to the lyrics and the way he sung it. It was truly from his heart, all of his emotions poured into his song as he watched you and you watched him.

Forever, forever
I’ve been so happy loving you

(together my love)
Let the love I have for you live in your heart
And be forever
(together my love)

Forever, forever
I’ve been so happy loving you

If every word I said could make you laugh
I’d talk forever

Forever, forever
I’ve been so happy loving you

He gently set down his mic on the stage and ran up to you; you stood up from your chair his arms wrapped around you and yours around him. The audience clapped as you dug your face into his shoulder.

He pulled you away as he said, “Were you surprised?” You nodded your head with a big smile as he knew how much you lived to be surprised. He sat down next to you as both of you watched the upcoming artists that filled the stage. His fingers played with yours as he watched you the whole night.

The cool air released into the warm lodge as the doors opened and everyone left. You both got up from your seats as he helped you put on your light jacket.

“I told you look beautiful” He kissed your cheek as he held your hand

“You look dashing as well Kevin” Walking out to the cool air surrounded you. Kevin too your hand and pulled you to his car as he helped you and buckled you in. He trotted around to the driver’s side. Starting the car, he rolled the car out of the parking lot and up to the winding road that lead back to the city. Your head gently leaned over and rested on the window as your eyes began to close. He looked over at you since you were being so quiet and smiled slightly giggling as he moved your head from the cold window to his shoulder. Your arms wrapped around his as he smiled. Taking the wheel with one hand confidently, guiding the car around the corners as the city scape came into view.

“I wish this night didn’t have to end so soon Jagi” He whispered looking upon your sleeping figure. “I want to stay with you, right here forever.”