The Opening Day

TeenTop Café
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                My name is Lee Chanhee, I'm 20 years old. I have two siblings who are still on high school. Their names are Ricky and Niel. We live together at one house, which is a café too. Just the three of us… Our parents died on a car accident when I was 18 and all three of us were devastated after they were gone. They left us enough money for us so I could finish my high school, but I thought it wouldn’t be enough for that long. I mean, I still had to pay for my brothers’ school. I was the oldest so I had to take care of them.

                Our parents used to run a café and it was pretty popular back then. Lots of costumers were coming every day and I thought, reopened the café would be a good idea. I didn’t have any choice left, I wasn’t educated enough to work at an office or something. Even though I would love to continue my studies, I just couldn’t. There was no one else that could take care of my brothers. When our parents died, none of our siblings wanted to take care of us.

                It was a good morning and the opening day of my café. I woke up my brothers and asked them to hurry up because the breakfast that I made was ready. They quickly took a shower and went downstairs, at the café. They were good kids, even though I spoiled them a lot. They weren’t spoiled, they were quite independent.

“Hyung, aren’t you going to be too tired if you woke up that early and work after that?” Ricky said as he ate his breakfast.

“Yeah Hyung, today is our opening day right? I don’t mind skipping one day to help you.” Niel offered.

I shook my head lightly. “I’m fine, don’t worry. And no skipping, okay mister? I’m going to work my off to pay your school fees. So no skipping.” I glared at Niel.

“Fine, but I’m going to go home right after the bell rings and let me help okay?” he sighed.

“Oh oh oh! Me too! Me too!” Ricky said in excitement.

I giggled because of their cuteness. I couldn’t help myself but to feel sorry for them. “You know, you don’t have to do these things. You can just have fun with your friends like other teenagers.”  I smiled and patted Ricky’s head.

“Said the guy who is going to work his off at his early age to support his brothers.” Niel rolled his eyes.

“Touche.” I replied and we laughed together. “Alright-alright. Pali, eat your breakfast and go. You’re going to be late on your first day if you stay too long here. And here, don’t forget to bring your lunch box.” I said as I handed them their lunch boxes that I made that morning. “And Ricky if you need something, go look for Niel okay?”

“Kaay. See you hyung.” They said in union and waved at me.

                I waved back and sighed. ‘Alright now let’s do this!’ I said in my mind. I changed my clothes to a waiter clothes. I had cleaned the café and rearranged things yesterday with their help. The café looked nice, it was kind of roomy. We used round tables on the middle of the café and some sofas on the walls.

                I went to the doors and put the open sign. The first day had always been hard to me, either the first day of school or this. I was so nervous and thought ‘Why I would have to do this. I really wanted to continue my studies.’ I shook my head and slapped my cheeks lightly with both of my han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter