End

Cocoa

Heather sat, cross-legged, in the apartment's window seat, looking out at the cloudy grey sky. She set her book down and picked up her cup of cocoa, inhaling the rich chocolately scent with a smile, before taking a isp and returning to her book.

Within minutes she was so caught up in the story again that she didn't hear the front door opeing and closing, or the sound of a large suitcase being set down next to the couch.

Heather took another sip of her cocoa, this time not taking her eyes off the words. She pushed a few stray strands of hair out of her eyes, tucking them behind her ear before sinking deeper into the oversized grey sweatshirt she wore.

A soft smile played at the lips of the man who had just entered the apartment as he watched her. Seeing hHeather so wrapped up in a book was one of her many traits that had made him fall in love, and it made his heart skip a beat to see her so content and happy.

"Heather," he said quietly after a few more moments. His voice drew her attention away from the book.

Heather's eyes widened as she glanced up at him, and a smile spread across her face.

"Joonmyun!"

She stood and ran to him, abandoning her book on the cushions, not even bothering to mark the page first.

Her hands clutched the back of his shirt as Joonmyun pulled her closer to his chest. He planted his lips on her head, breathing in the wonderful scent of her shampoo, and sighed.

This was the only good thing about traveling, the return.

They stood like that for a bit longer before moving to the couch and sitting down, wrapping themselves in each other's arms.

"Welcome home," Heather whispered. Being close again warmed them more than a cup of cocoa ever could.