Lies

Please

My body was shaking a bit. My knees went numb and beads of cold sweat were formed in my forehead. This was worse than when I was caught cheating in Mr. Son’s final exam.

“Pardon?” Kikwang asked, tilting his head to the left.

Saeyeon widened her eyes as she realized whose voice it was. She slowly turned her body and saw Kikwang. Her jaws dropped and she didn’t even bother to close it. “H--How… You… I… You…”

“Haerin loves me?”

“She--“

“Haerin, is that right? You love me?”

“Yes. I love you.” I ing didn’t know how I could say it but it just happened like that. Kikwang, Dongwoon, and Saeyeon looked at me with mixed expression painted on their faces. “I love you, Babokwang.”

“How-- Since when?”

“Since births, perhaps?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

I shook my head. It was just my imagination. Hell no, I would never say that.

“Haerin, is that right? You love me?”

“I--“

“No, hyung. She doesn’t love you.” Dongwoon’s voice was low but hearable.

Can someone please just kill me now?

Saeyeon glared at Dongwoon but that tall boy didn’t give any reaction.

“Haerin loves someone else. You’re just her best friend. She loves you in her assignment only.”

Kikwang raised his eyebrows. “She what?”

“She’s writing a fictional story for her assignment and it has something to do with “loving your best friend” thing.” Dongwoon stood next to me and I froze. “She’s been keeping it as a secret from any other students because she’s afraid they would think she’s a delusional girl.”

“Ah! That’s what I mean~” Saeyeon quickly added. I could tell that she was also afraid that Kikwang got it all figured out.

“Is that so?” Kikwang turned his head to me, looking at me with an unpredictable emotion on his handsome face.

I quickly lowered my head and nodded. “Y-- Yeah.”

“But you still love me, right? As your best friend for real?” Kikwang’s voice was like a sharp knife being stabbed right in my heart which I could only answer with a nod. “That’s enough for me.”

Dongwoon put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him. “So… no more misunderstanding, hyung?”

I lifted my head up and saw my best friend’s bitter smile again.

“Anyway, why are you here, Babokwang?” Saeyeon suddenly asked. Oh thanks God you created this girl.

“Actually…” Kikwang rubbed the back of his neck. “I wanted to ask Haerin to accompany me today.”

“Eh? Where to?” I slowly scooted away from Dongwoon and walked to Kikwang.

“It’s up to you. I just want to spend this day with you. You know… to replace all the moments when I was gone.” Kikwang looked hesitated a bit but it couldn’t stop me from smiling widely.

I jumped and hugged him tight. “THAT SOUNDS GOOD!”

Kikwang just chuckled and patted my head. Without me knowing it, Dongwoon smiled bitterly behind my back.

 

^^^^^

 

“So, where to first?” Kikwang asked me after both of us got in his car.

I clapped my hands in excitement. “I want ice cream!”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Kikwang pulled his car out from my driveway and onto the highway. During the ride, he was the one taking over the conversation. I was just sitting in my seat, listening to his story. I secretly smiled, happy that he was back to his old-self again.

“We’re here.” he stopped his car at the parking lot of my 2nd favorite ice cream parlor which was located in the suburb. I wanted to spend this day with Kikwang in peace so I had to choose places which had less people.

He opened the door for me and we both walking in to that place holding hands. The moment his hand touched mine, I suddenly felt weak on my knees.

Damn.

“I’ll get the ice cream.” I said, getting in the line.

Kikwang let my hand go as he searched for a vacant table. One customer had just finished ordering when I felt a pair of strong arms sneaked on my waist. I let out a weak gasp then calmed down after I recognized whose arms they were.

Kikwang’s.

He placed his chin on my left shoulder and pouted.

“Waeyeo?” I asked, taking a step forward as another customer had finished ordering again.

“Nothing.” he tightened his hug and breathed in, sending chills down my spine.

When it was my turn to order, I couldn’t stop myself from being annoyed by the way the employee in front of me looked at Kikwang.

“Don’t be so angry about that.” Kikwang said while bringing the tray to our table.

I puffed my left cheek. “Angry about what?”

Kikwang just chuckled, annoying me more. He sat next to me, making me raise my eyebrow. “Wae?”

“Why are you sitting next to me? Whenever we’re here, you always sit across me, right?” I pouted, acting angry. "You're making me hard to move in this medium-sized couch."

He flashed me a sweet smile. “Because I want you to always be by my side. Forever.”

 

====================

Teeheeeeeeeeee~ New chapter! ^^ Sorry if it's short and has no emotion in it. I was a bit depressed because of my study when I was writing this chapter. Mianhae~ :(

Anywayyyyyy, I want to tell you that I'm open for any suggestion about the next plot for this story. If you have any idea, don't hesitate to tell me, okay? :D

See y'all in the next chapter! ^^