Dreamland

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Sunday. The girl stretched languorously in bed. Today was a special day. For her at least. Indeed she was turning old, entering the adult’s world. Yes it was her birthday and honestly she wasn’t so happy about it. Anyway the only thing that could make her happy in this birthday was to go to Korea or to receive Yoochun as a gift (and no, just a keychain with his name written wasn’t enough!).
But of course, she knew that it was impossible. Since she had received the notes from her finals, she was depressed in her room. She missed Yoochun ... And love in general was missing in her life.


"Another year without boyfriend ..." she lamented.


Minnie was ready to sink under her covers and spend the rest of her day crawling in bed, when someone rang the doorbell. She paid no attention to it because she knew her mother would open. Except that the person became insistent and rang again.


"Omma!" She yelled.


But her mother didn’t seem to be home. Maybe she was gone shopping. Moody, Minnie finally got up. It was her birthday dammit! How dare someone get her out of bed before noon on a Sunday?
She was ready to be "very friendly" with the person who had come, but when she opened the door all she could do is stand still speechless.
Before her stood a brown haired boy, tall, with a smile to die for and especially handsome as always. But what Yoochun was doing in front of her? Was she dreaming?


"Morning Minnie."


Ok ... that she hadn’t imagined! It was really Yoochun. She had to calm down to not start yelling hysterically.


"Can I come in?" He asked.


She stepped aside to let him pass and shut the door behind him. Minnie was desperately trying to say something, but the questions raced through her head. He turned to her, smiling.


"You look surprised ..."


Nooooooooooooo,  you think?


"I finished my schedules sooner so I came to see you because I had a little free time."


Yes, because course when Park Yoochun has free time he comes to visit me! Wait ... what?


She kept staring at him, so he took something from his bag and handed to her.


"Happy Birthday, by the way."


The girl took the package carefully and began to open it. Inside the package she found a vinyl debut CD from DBSK.


"I don’t usually like to offer my own CD, but your cousin told me that you were looking for this vinyl for a long time ..."


He lost her there, her cousin? Miraculously her voice began to work again.


"What are you doing here? Well, I mean ... What is Park Yoochun doing here? "


"Oh that? I know your cousin. I owed him a favor and he told me that you were a big fan of JYJ and TVXQ, and he also told me it was your birthday today so I decided to come and give you your Birthday gift myself."


Yes, after all, why not? An idol that goes to his fan, to give her birthday present. That was totally normal.


As she said nothing, Yoochun wrung his hands nervously.


"I made a mistake? You’re Minnie right? "


There was only one person who called her by the nicknamed "Minnie" and she knew exactly what cousin he meant. It’s when she understood the situation that she realized several things simultaneously. One: her cousin hid from her the fact that he knew Park Yoochun, she made a mental note to kill him later. And two: she stood before the man of her dreams in pajamas and without makeup or wearing.
But Yoochun hadn’t even noticed as he was more busy keeping his eyes on his feet.


"Well, I think I'll go then."


And without waiting he walked to the door. Minnie thinks fast; think fast... She couldn’t let him go like that, when he finally stood before her. She then rushed to the door to prevent it from opening.


"Do you want to stay a little? Since you're already here. Let me at least give you something to drink, to thank you for giving me this great birthday gift. "


Phew! She spoke too fast and now she held her breath waiting for his answer. He looked amused and as if that was all he was waiting for, he smiled.


"I could use something to drink then. "


She then sat him on the kitchen table and while he sipped his iced tea, she took the opportunity to get changed and put on clothes that didn’t include a Hello Kitty t-shirt.
Returning to the kitchen she took a moment to contemplate the extraordinary and unthinkable scene that was Yoochun sitting at her dining table. When her mother would see that, she would be hysterical. Her mother! She couldn’t find Yoochun here, if she did, Minnie could say goodbye to her intimacy with her idol. She then offered to show him the city. Of course he had his car and following the directions of the girl they went to the city center and began to wander. At first the atmosphere was a little tense between them, but gradually the conversation moved normally and she even forgot that it was her idol that was walking by her side.
Since this was Yoochun’s first time in Solo, she was careful to show him the most beautiful sites. Fortunately no fan would recognize him under his cap and glasses, which allowed them, to enjoy their day quietly. They discussed about everything and nothing, and she realized that they had indeed many things in common. He was exactly what she had hoped and thought he was. Funny, charming, a little stupid sometimes, kind, caring, everything that one could want for the perfect man. A perfect day with a perfect man, what could you ask for on your birthday? They spent such a good day, that she even allowed thinking that it was very much like a date.
They walked and walked. Then in the late afternoon she took him eat the best ice cream in the area in a mall she loved. They talked cheerfully when suddenly the girl heard someone call behind her.


"Minnie?"


She turned very slowly hoping that it wasn’t him. Because she had recognized the voice and it really wasn’t a day when she wanted to see him. But of course her wish wasn’t granted as she found herself in front of her former classmate, accompanied by his girlfriend.


"I thought that was you. It’s been a long time."


Apparently not long enough ...

In fact he wasn’t only her former classmate ... He was also her best friend and the boy on whom she had a crush for almost 10 years. It was also quite funny that back there, in this little corner of the world, she was surrounded by only two men she ever loved in her life. Fate couldn’t have chosen a better day. The day of her 20 years, she had with her the two men she had always dreamed of having and never could... Yeah, life is a !


"Hi..." she said listlessly.


"So what are you doing here?"


"Just wandering... and you?"


"The same."

Minnie couldn’t help noticing the boy's hand in one of his beloved at the sides. And even after all this time, she had to admit that gripped her heart. She didn’t dare to look up at Yoochun, lest he see her feelings. But Yoochun wasn’t stupid and he understood well the situation. Against all odds he grabbed Minnie’s hand and hugged it.


“Actually we are on a date. We are celebrating her birthday together. "


The boy frowned; surprised that she was indeed accompanied.


"Oh yes it's true that it's your birthday ... Happy birthday. "


"Thank you."


Then silence settled. The situation was awkward while the two boys were glaring at each other. Finally it was Yoochun who broke the silent battle.


"If you'll excuse us, we have to go. "


"Oh yes of course ... Goodbye Minnie. "


"Bye. "


Then Yoochun dragged her after him. After a few minutes’ walk, she squeezed his hand.


"Yoochun, the ice cream is over there."


But he didn’t listen and continued walking furiously. She was forced to pull him a little to get his attention and he turned to her.


"Yoochun! We already passed the ice cream store. "


"Oh sorry ..."


"What’s wrong? "


"This guy ..." he said angrily. "What did he do to you? "


She was surprised by the question; maybe she had made a mistake to believe that she wasn’t transparent with her feelings.


"It's an old story. It is in the past. It doesn’t matter anymore. "


"I really don’t like the guy! And the way he was looking at you!" He seemed to calm down a little before the shocked eyes of the girl. "Sorry, I shouldn’t talk like that, he's a friend of yours... but I don’t like him."


Minnie suddenly laughed. Who would have thought he could have such cute reactions! He blushed immediately.


"Why are you laughing? "


"You're too cute." She let escape. "Nobody was ever that angry for me."


He blushed even more strongly, and that's when she noticed that they were still holding hands. She tried to withdraw her hand but Yoochun's still squeezed tighter.


"This guy is an idiot for letting you go. You’re an amazing girl!"


It was the turn of Minnie to blush. Then they simply went to eat their well-deserved ice cream and throughout the meal they wouldn’t let go of their hand.
After their meal they returned towards the car, through a park that wasn’t far away. Always hand in hand, it wasn’t something embarrassing, but instead it was natural. Minnie wasn’t getting hopes or wasn’t asking herself a ton of questions, she was just enjoying the man she was sure she would never see again in her life. Suddenly, without warning the rain began to fall. All the people around them began to run for cover, but Yoochun and Minnie. They stood like idiots in the rain, laughing. She looked at the sky happy to see the rain, since she loved it. She turned her gaze to the man beside her and at that moment she fell in love again. He stood motionless with eyes closed and smiling at the sky, drops beading along his wet hair. He was simply beautiful. He was perfect.
Wait... It was very much like a déjà vu! While she had never lived it, this scene was much like a passage from a fanfic that her favorite unnie wrote for her as a gift. When reality joined fiction, she wondered if she really wasn’t dreaming. Suddenly a clap of thunder was heard ... and she woke up in her bed.


***


Minnie looked around confused. She recognized the outline of her room. A dream! It was only a dream! She fell back, frustrated in her bed. Seriously? On her birthday having a dream like that, it was a gift. She smiled as she remembered the last bits of it. It was a nice dream. But she liked best what she had in reality.
Suddenly someone moved beside her in bed. He groaned and opened one eye.


"Happy birthday, love."


She smiled at the shirtless Yoochun at her side. She leaned forward to place a soft kiss on his lips.


"You seem happy Was it a good dream? "


"I dreamed of the first time we met."


He rose slightly to hug the girl.


"A year goes by quickly. "


"You have no idea."


She would get up when Yoochun grabbed her wrist and pulled her back into the bed.


"Yah! I have to prepare breakfast! "


He just looked at her and walked his lips along her jaw, her ear to her chin several times. She shuddered.


"Minnie ..." Yoochun cut deliciously. "Breakfast can wait. "


"But ..."


"Shut up."


What she did immediately, because she was now too busy kissing Yoochun.
Finally her dream was reality. She had received a wonderful gift for her 20 years, a gift that never went back. When we say that our 20’s are the best years of our lives, Minnie couldn’t agree more.


Happy Birthday!