hold on;

Directionless

6 | 14 | 2013

11:28 PM

 

Frustrating. One word that Jinri can only say. She’s been working her shift for most over twelve hours now. She’s dead tired and all she wants to do is have a cup of coffee then it’ll all be alright.

“Ah, dang it.” She muttered while tapping the end of the pencil she’s been holding since earlier this morning.

“Hey, Sunyoung unnie. I’ll just grab a cup of coffee, alright?” She gazed at the shorter girl on her right, pretty much just doodling on her notepad as she hums. Jinri sighed, tiringly heading towards back onto the kitchen.

 

Exhausted, she could only lean herself against the silver metal counters. Sighing to herself, as she thinks about that camera she’d always wanted. All she has now is a digital cam which she got from her birthday, from her brother, actually. That was the sad part of it- Since she hasn’t seen her brother for years now ever since he got enlisted from the army. But because of that, she started to love taking pictures with her. Memories kept caving in to the camera and she enjoyed it much as well.

Snapping back to reality, she remembered what she came here for. That damn coffee. Heaving out a deep breath, she turned around to press on the orange button of the coffee maker, lips pursed out with a few strands of her falling down across her face. Like usual, she’d just pull it back. She hated it, and her hair was always a mess.

 

ting!” The sound came right after which made Jinri flash back onto her slight moments of passing out onto the table tops. Coffee’s ready. ”Finally.” She groaned to herself.

 

Then, Sunyoung came in running with her usual bright and innocent smile. “Hey,  Jinri. Yeah, customer. Outside. Now. Take care of him, got to do some downloading on the restroom real quick.” Running of towards the staff restroom after. Oh good thing she was there or else you’d find Jinri passed out anywhere the café by now.

Not even taking a glance at the customer, she took out her notepad and pen from the small pocket of her apron.  She took another sigh afterwards. She was really tired, and the black bags under her eyes were evident. But she didn’t care, she wanted the cash so bad for that new camera of hers and she won’t stop till she gets it.  

 

“You should really look at customers, you know?” A deep voice came out of the blue., then following with a soft laugh afterwards. Making Jinri try not to take another sigh while looking up the stranger. And wow, she did not expect that face- at all. Well, rather than seeing a grumpy thirty year old right in front of her, it looked just a guy around her age. He had remarkable plump lips, a pale complexion, eyes that seem to sparkle naturally by itself. It’s like she found a face carved by the Gods. –Well that would be overdoing but his face was, fresh.

 

But Jinri was too grumpy to even acknowledge that sheepish grin of his. Was he making fun of her? She didn’t have the time argue about that since she was too exhausted anyways. “Yeah, whatever. Just tell me what you want?”

 

“Woah, talk about a tough cookie.” He laughed almost like it was his last day on earth. But she had to admit, it was making her smile too. Yet, she didn’t let it right come through that easily. She just wanted to deal with the order so she can drink a stinking cup of coffee for God’s sake.

“Just tell me what you want.” Quickly averting her gaze away from him, she placed the tip of the pen onto the pad, letting out an exasperated sigh.

 

She could see him plopping his elbow down onto the table, then resting his cheek onto his palm. “Nope, not until you smile….. Jinri.” As soon as she heard her name, her head lifted up in an instant, making her eyes widen a bit. “How the heck did you know my name?”

He raised a brow with a mischievous grin on his lips. Tilting his head slightly while letting out a slight chuckle. “Nametag.” Making Jinri glance down onto her name tag then rolls her eyes after. “Alright, alright. Just a cup of coffee, black. Oh yeah, and maybe put in some sugar, just a tiny bit.” The guy with that stupid grin on his face said (well- according to Jinri.) as he taps onto the tabletop.

As soon as she heard what the guy wanted, she turned around without hesitation to make his orders. Heading back inside, she took a white cup then pouring some coffee right over. She wanted to whine- this could be the coffee she’d be drinking right now, god dammit. And as soon right after, she went out back serving the creepy guy with that stupid smile, again what he wanted.

Moments passed, Sunyoung was busy with some bills and Jinri was cleaning the tabletops. Just right after she headed towards the loud guy's table, all she wanted do was tape the guy's mouth.

“Can I call you Jin?”

“No.”

“How about Ri?”

“No.”

“Sweet cheeks?”

“No.”

“Are you on your period?” That question quickly made Jinri face the brown-haired lunatic as she thought.

“No. I’m just tired and can you please just pay since you’re done?”

The guy chuckled right after, standing up before placing a full bill on the table. “Alright, alright. Here.” He then bowed his head slightly then turned around, heading towards the exit.

 

Jinri breathed out slowly. Trying to relax herself from what just happened. That guy was something, that’s for sure. And she wishes she wouldn’t see him again for the rest of her life.

 

“Oh yeah, and by the way.. It was nice meeting you Jinri. My name’s Chanyeol.” The sudden sound startled her a little. Making her blink continuously as the name runs through her head. Her gaze came back up to the face, just when his eyes meets with hers in an instant.

“Pretty girls like you shouldn’t frown.” He followed, making Jinri’s mind go blank. “Good night.” He then pressed his lips into a thin line, forming a reassuring smile before turning around to head back where she assumes to be home.

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE •  •  •  

I finally updated! Yay! Anyways, hope you guys like the first chap! Sorry for some errors and typos. I mad this around two am and I'm really thankful for the subs and upvote! Hope you'll guys stay tuned! Thanks!