1/1

The New Boy in Town

                As far as high school was concerned, Jung Daehyun had life made as the most popular kid in school. He wasn’t sure how it happened- he was just lucky to have been born rich, attractive, and with a personality that people naturally followed.

                “Daehyun sunbaenim, can I carry your books for you?”

                “Daehyun oppa, I made these cookies for you!”

                “Daehyun sshi, you don’t need to worry about a make-up test.  I’ll just go ahead and give you an A, ok?”

 

                Even if he wasn’t particularly nice or did anything out of the ordinary, he had a natural charm that classmates and teachers alike fawned over. Even his own parents weren’t immune and gave him anything he wanted.  Mixed with their substantial amount of money, this allowed him even more leverage since he always had the coolest things, threw the coolest parties.  Everything about his life was perfect.

 

                Except for one secret.  One secret that he kept tightly guarded lest someone find out and bring down everything he had achieved in these past three years.

 

                “God, Hyung.  That feels so good.”

 

                He was gay.  No matter all the cute girls that threw themselves at him, he just couldn’t bring himself to pay them any attention.  As a matter of fact, even most of the boys in school didn’t catch his eye.  Just one.  And as much as he had tried to fight it, he couldn’t keep himself from falling head over heels for Yoo Youngjae.

 

                Yoo Youngjae was also notorious throughout the school, but for all the opposite reasons.  He was a bit chubby, his cheeks fluffy, and his face was always stuffed in a book or behind some sort of electronic device.  Honestly, as far as school hierarchy went, he was a nobody.  Just some average looking kid who got ungodly good grades, but mostly kept to himself.  And he would have stayed a nobody if he hadn’t come out and been labelled the ‘School ’.  That title alone had dragged him from obscurity to the limelight and made him the target of the school’s ridicule.

                Daehyun had tried to stay out of it, struggling with his own identity himself, but once he was shoved into choir class with the fluffy haired blond boy, he couldn’t ignore him anymore.  The second Youngjae had opened his mouth to sing, Daehyun was taken in hook, line and sinker.

                He tried so hard to change his feelings, to date a slew of girls and even a few boys from (very) far away schools on the downlow, but none of them could take his mind off the boy with the angelic voice.

                After coming to terms with his feelings, he had cornered the younger boy and confessed.  Youngjae had taken it as more teasing and told him exactly what he could go do to himself, but Daehyun had refused to give up.   Through very intensive efforts he had managed to woo and convince the fluffball of his true feelings and they came to a mutual agreement to keep their relationship on the downlow.  And everything with that seemed to be perfect.  Until now at least.

 

                “, Youngjae,” Daehyun hissed, from the pleasure but forcing himself to push the younger away as Youngjae’s teeth latched onto his throat.  “You’re going to leave marks, baby.  Stop that.”

                “But you taste so good, hyung,” Youngjae whined, moving his mouth down to below Daehyun’s collar bone where the older boy had the top half of his uniform shirt buttons undone.  Although they were classmates and Youngjae was only younger by a few months and so didn’t need to use titles with Daehyun, he knew that calling him ‘Hyung’ made him hot and heavy, and thus constantly used it to his advantage.

                “God dammit, you tease,” Daehyun snarled, pushing the blond hard against the practice room wall and pinning him in place.  He nuzzled into the younger’s soft hair until he reached his ear, slipping his tongue into the canal as his hands reached around to grab his pert rear in his hands.  He slipped his knee in between Youngjae’s legs and growled when he felt the younger rubbing himself against it.  “You like that, baby?”

                “I want you so bad, hyung,” Youngjae cried as Daehyun’s hot breath fanned into his wet ear, sending shivers down his spine.  His hands curled into the elder’s messy, brown locks and he tugged, earning him a nip on the earlobe.  No matter how many times they had been together, he could never get enough of the y, sultry Jung Daehyun.

                “Yeah?  Then how about you get on your knees and show me how bad you want-“

 

                A crash outside of the practice room had Daehyun leaping back, causing Youngjae to fall to the floor when he was no longer supported. Daehyun peered through the small window into the choir room, trying to see who was there.  He instantly ducked down when he noticed a friend of his stumbling through the room, apparently picking up forgotten papers and knocking over a music stand.

                “Hyung, what’s w-“ Youngjae started to ask, crawling over to the brunette, but Daehyun sharply shushed him and pushed him back.

                “I can’t have Yongguk seeing us together,” he snapped, moving to the other side of the small, insulated room and keeping low and behind the door.

                Youngjae let out a huff of exasperation and flopped down against the far wall, arms crossed and head deliberately turned to the side.  These past six months with Daehyun had simultaneously been some of the best and worst times of his life.  All of the moments spent with Daehyun were magical, whether it be clandestine make out sessions in a broom closet, or secret video game parties at his house, he could never get enough of the elder.  But then, times like these, made his heart rip into two.  He knew he was being used.  He knew that no matter how much Daehyun claimed to care for or love him, he was nothing more than the boy’s dirty little secret.

               

                Daehyun ventured up one more time, decided that the coast was clear with Yongguk gone, and let out a sigh of relief.

                “Whew, that was a close one,” he chuckled, crawling back over to blond and attempting to kiss him, but Youngjae jerked his head away, avoiding the elder’s plump lips.  Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows in concern.  “What’s wrong?”

                Youngjae looked down at his clasped hands, long bangs falling over his almond shaped eyes, and tried to find the best words.  He knew what he was asking was dangerous, that his relationship with the elder was precarious and could come crashing down at any moment.  Even with the hardships, a huge part of him didn’t want that to happen, was ok with him being used if it meant that he got to be close to Daehyun.  But he also knew that he needed to respect himself and that meant dropping people who didn’t respect him.

                “When are we going to come out, Daehyun?”

                Daehyun’s eyes widened at the sudden question.  “What do you mean?” 

                “When are we going to come out as a couple?  We’ve been going at this for over six months now.  I love you, Daehyun.  And I want to be with you.  As in, really be with you.  I want to go out on real dates.  I want to go to eat dinner with you, go shopping with you, go to a movie with you where we don’t show up separately and just ‘happen’ to sit next to each other while pretending that we’re strangers and then separately going back to my place to talk about it.”

                “Youngjae, baby.  You know I love you, but I can’t-“

                “Can’t what?  Risk your reputation by being seen with someone as embarrassing as me?”  Daehyun raised his eyes to meet Youngjae’s, but had to immediately drop them again when the pain he saw was too overwhelming.  He knew he was hurting the younger by how he was acting, but he just wasn’t ready.  He didn’t have the courage to risk losing all the other things that were so important to him.

                “You know it’s not like that,” he whispered, leaning forward and attaching his lips onto the weak spot on Youngjae’s neck that he knew would make the younger putty in his hands.  Youngjae involuntarily gave out a light whimper and Daehyun smirked at his success.  “It’s just best like this.”  He grabbed Youngjae’s hand and brought it down in between his legs, forcing the younger’s palm on the bulge that was throbbing in his pants.  “Now, if we can just get back to where we were-“

                Daehyun flailed as Youngjae abruptly pulled his hand free and shoved Daehyun backward.  The brunet fell back on his , looking wide eyed up at his boyfriend as Youngjae got to his feet and rebuttoned his uniform.

                “I deserve to be more than somebody’s ,” he snapped, grabbing and flinging his bag over his shoulder.  “I want to be with somebody who loves me.”

                Daehyun felt his heart breaking as he looked into Youngjae’s glaring but watering eyes.  He opened his mouth to say something- anything- but the words wouldn’t come out.  Youngjae looked down at him with disappointment he had never seen before.  The younger gave a final indignant huff before throwing open the practice room door and storming out.

 

                Youngjae wiped his now streaming eyes on the sleeve of his uniform.  The fact that it was completely silent behind him, Daehyun wasn’t chasing after him, just made the piercing sensation in his heart even worse.  Luckily it was pretty late after school and he hoped he wouldn’t see anybody.  The last thing he needed was for someone to see the ‘School ’ sobbing like a baby.  He’d never live it down then.  He turned the corner, desperate to get home as soon as possible but unable to see anything from the tears that refused to stop flowing.  He crashed into something, hard, and fell back.  Judging by the loud ‘OOMPH’ that came from whatever he crashed into, he figured that that ‘thing’ was probably a person.

                Just great, he thought to himself, keeping his head low as he heard the other person stand up.

                “I’m sorry,” he apologized.  He flinched when, through his bangs, he saw the figure move closer and bend down, and he waited for the inevitable beating.

                “Somebody as cute as you shouldn’t have a reason to cry.”  Youngjae’s head shot up at the unfamiliar voice and he was met with a pair of dark, intense, cat-like eyes he had never seen before.  He shivered as two large hands cupped his face, thumbs running across his cheeks to wipe the tears away.

                The stranger was handsome, to say the least, with flawless porcelain skin, a sharp bone structure, and red tinted dark hair styled neatly.  But those eyes… Youngjae couldn’t drag himself away from those piercing eyes…

                “A face like yours was made for smiling.  I’m sure that’s when you look your cutest,” the stranger said again, his deep, raspy voice not matching his wide, crinkled eye smile that exposed cute, bunny teeth.

                In his shock, Youngjae had stopped crying, and the stranger made sure to wipe away any remnants of tears.  Pleased, the stranger stood up and extended his hand, which Youngjae automatically took.  The handsome boy helped him to his feet and handed him the bag he had dropped.

                “From now on I don’t want to see any more tears, ok?”  He gave a final smile and walked off, Youngjae in shock as he watched him go. 

                Who was that?

 

 

 

                Daehyun rapped his pencil on top of his notebook as his bleary eyes stayed glued to the boy diagonally ahead of him.  It was still before homeroom and he just wanted to lay his head down and pass out.  He hadn’t been able to sleep at all, thoughts about Youngjae infiltrating his mind all night.  He was desperate to apologize to him, but he wasn’t sure that his words would make any difference.  Why couldn’t the younger just understand that what they had was perfect until they graduated?  He didn’t want to mess up this precariously balanced utopia he had created where he had everything he wanted.  Was Youngjae really going to make him choose?

                Daehyun’s thoughts were disrupted as the class went silent and the teacher walked in.  Daehyun couldn’t have cared less, his peripheral vision specifically trained on Youngjae’s mop of blond hair, but the announcement of a ‘new student’ and the eruption of noisy titters from his classmates caught his attention.

                “Hello, my name is Kim Himchan.  I’m transferring here from Tokyo, Japan where my mother worked for the embassy.  Please take good care of me.”  The class couldn’t contain themselves as this model of beauty bowed and smiled before them.  Girls were already pulling out compacts and checking their makeup underneath the desks and boys clamored to open up a desk so that they could sit next to him.

                “I have to go prepare some things for Himchan, so homeroom will be cancelled today.  Just stay in here until your first class,” the teacher announced and the class exploded as soon as she left.

                “Do you think he’s a model?”

                “Look at his Gucci bag! He must be loaded!  Even more than Daehyun, I bet.”

                “He is literally the most beautiful person I have ever seen.”

                “I’ll die if I don’t get a date with him.”

                Daehyun scowled as everything reached his ears.  Really, this guy was here for 5 minutes and was already shouldering in on him?  Lucky for him, he had better things to worry about right now.

                “Himchan sshi.  I know this is sudden.  But do you have a girlfriend?  If not, I’d be happy to go out with you,” one of the most outgoing girls, Hyosung, said as she left her desk and moved up to the front of the room where Himchan was still awkwardly standing.

                “Sorry, sweetheart.  You’re really pretty and seem really nice.  But you’re not my type.”

                Hyosung’s eyebrows furrowed in disappointment and everyone stopped what they were doing to stare.

                “What is your type, then?”

                “Probably the same as yours.”

                A pin dropping could have been heard by how silent the classroom turned.

                “You mean… you like guys?”

                “That’s right.  I’m gay.”

                Daehyun’s heart thudded in his chest as he stared in horror at the man at the front of the room.  Did he not realize what he was doing?  Was he trying to have the rest of his school life ruined when he was just starting?  Daehyun looked around the room at everyone’s shocked faces, waiting for one of them to start slinging slurs and for the rest of them to join in.  Hyosung opened and Daehyun braced himself for the vitriol he was sure was about to spew from it.

                “Oh my god, really?!  Then can you give me some tips for picking up guys?”

                The classroom broke back into a clatter as all the girls raced to the front of the room, begging Himchan to become their best friend and to help them with their shopping and with boy troubles.

                “.  What kind of guys do you think he likes?” The boy directly to Daehyun’s right asked, sitting up straighter and fixing his tie.

                “I dunno, but I’d happily become whatever it is.”

                “I’d be gay for him in a heartbeat.”

                Daehyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing.  Were these really the same classmates who had bullied Youngjae to no end?  What was it about Himchan that made him immune to their bigotry?

 

                He looked back to the red haired man and saw him excusing himself from the ladies.  He walked down the aisle, to the seat two desks in front of Daehyun and leaned down to the boy sitting there.  “Excuse me, but do you mind if I have this desk?” Himchan asked with a bright smile.

                “O-Of course!” The boy jumped up, cheeks and ears tainted pink, and grabbed his things to make way for the new boy.  Himchan took the seat, and, to Daehyun’s horror, turned to Youngjae next to him.

                “Hey, cutie!  We meet again.”

 

                Youngjae couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw the stranger from yesterday walk into the classroom.  Was this some kind of fate?  He introduced himself as Himchan.  Well, now he had a name for him other than ‘mysterious stranger’.  And then…he announced in front of the class, just like that… that he was gay?  It couldn’t be real.

                “Hey cutie!”

                Youngjae turned his head to look at Himchan sitting next to him with a wide smile.  He couldn’t help but feel his cheeks heat up at the way he looked at him.

                “H-hey.  Are you… are you really gay too?”

                Himchan’s eyes widened as he startled, blatantly taken aback.

                , Youngjae cursed to himself.  I scared him off.

                “You’re ting me… I’ve never seen another gay guy as cute as you!” Himchan beamed, practically jumping in his seat from excitement. 

                “Eh?  You think I’m cute?” Youngjae asked, a shy smile breaking across his face as he looked down, trying to hide his now furious blush.

                “See, I told you that you look the prettiest when you smile.”  Himchan grabbed his chin and lifted his face toward him.  “Please tell me that you don’t have a boyfriend?”

 

                Daehyun saw red when Youngjae shook his head ‘no’, the shy smile playing across his face was one that was only supposed to be for him.  And who did this new douchebag think he was, touching Daehyun’s property like that?

                His pencil snapped in his hand as he fought against his overwhelming urge to stand up and slug that smug bastard in his pretty face.  Fortunately, the bell rang at just that moment, causing Youngjae and Himchan to jump away from each other and the teacher came strolling in.

                But no matter what the teacher droned on about, Daehyun couldn’t bring himself to pay the slightest bit of attention.  All he could think about was Youngjae smiling at that guy, Youngjae telling him that he didn’t have a boyfriend.  He hadn’t meant it, right?  They weren’t over, were they?

 

                By lunchtime Daehyun was just about ready to call his parents and have them check him out of class. He felt sick- talk of Himchan had been spreading through the school all day.  Everyone was madly in love with the new boy and Daehyun had been unceremoniously kicked to the curb.  If he had to hear that boy’s name one more time, he was sure he would puke.

                He grabbed his food tray, making sure to add extra servings of rice to try and calm his queasy stomach, and walked across the lunchroom to his usual table of friends.  His chair was the last one vacant, and he set his tray on the table, ready to sit down.

                “Wait!” Jongup called stopping him mid-sit.  “We were kinda hoping to see if Himchan hyung would sit there.”

                “Yeah… sorry, Daehyun.  But could you sit somewhere else today?” Junhong asked with a sheepish look.  Daehyun gawked at them.  They had to be kidding, right?  They had always begged him before to sit with them and now he was being thrown out?

                “Himchan hyung!  Sit here!” the two boys quickly called out when the diva walked in.  Himchan flashed them a smile, but someone else seemed to catch his eye.

                “Next time, ok?” He offered before heading to a corner table where a lone blond was sitting.

                “Ah man…” Junhong huffed in  disappointment.  “I guess you can sit there after all, Dae.”

                “Well, thanks,” he spat, flopping down in his seat. At his angle he had a perfect view of the table of two and, if he strained, could make out what they were saying.

                “Hey again, cutie.  Is it ok if I call you Jae Jae?”

                Youngjae let out a nauseating giggle and an ‘ok’, even though “JaeJae” was the nickname Daehyun had penned for him.

                “I was thinking… if you don’t have any plans tonight, I’d love to take you out on a date.  We could do dinner and a movie, or shopping or karaoke, or whatever you want, really.  It’s up to you.”

                “Really?” Youngjae asked in disbelief.  “You… you won’t be embarrassed to be seen out with somebody like me?”

                Himchan looked at him, aghast.  “How could I be embarrassed to be seen with somebody like you?  Hell, it’d be my honor to show you off.”

                Youngjae bit his bottom lip as a large smile spread across his face.  “Ok then… dinner and shopping?  We can meet there at 7?”

                “How about I meet you at your place at 6 and then we go together?”

                “O-ok.  I look forward to it.”

                Daehyun’s hearing became impaired as a ringing sounded loud in his ears and his entire body shook.  His breathing became haggard as his fought to keep himself from falling apart in the middle of the cafeteria. 

                He and Youngjae were supposed to have plans tonight.  He was going to pick up take out and then go to Youngjae’s place to watch movies since his parents were going to be out of town for the weekend.  Had Youngjae forgotten?  Or did the younger just not care anymore?

                His Youngjae was going to be going on a date… a real date… with someone who wasn’t him.  The kind of date he had always wanted to take him on but couldn’t.  He would love to walk out in the middle of Seoul with Youngjae on his arm, take him to dinner, take him shopping and make him try on adorable outfits and then watch his face light up when they checked out all the latest electronic devices.  It was just… the cost of that momentary happiness had always seemed so high.  But now… he was finally realizing what his vanity had cost him.

 

                Daehyun ground his heel into the cement beneath it as he sat on the porch, checking his watch for the thousandth time.  He had desperately tried to talk to Youngjae all day, to tell him not to go tonight, but the younger had avoided him like the plague.   He had then come to Youngjae’s house to intercept him, but apparently the pair had left early because nobody came to answer the door, no matter how many times he pounded on it. 

                After a neighbor had come out and told him to shut the hell up, he took a seat on the front steps, refusing to move until the Youngjae came back.  He had blown up the younger’s phone with calls and text messages, but soon it just went straight to voice mail, indicating that he had turned it off.

                Daehyun cursed when he looked at the time.  It was already past 10.  Just what in the hell were the two of them doing?  He had half a mind to just head to the shopping district himself and tear through it until he found the pair, but the sound of Youngjae’s gate being opened and closed broke him from his thoughts.

                The younger finally appeared, a small smile on his face as he held his fingers pressed against his lips.  He looked up and startled when he saw he was who was standing on his front porch.  “Daehyun…”

                Daehyun had had every intention of coming here to talk with Youngjae, to work the problem out, but every rational thought flew right out of his head when saw the younger.  The way he was smiling, the way he was touching his lips, it couldn’t mean… no…

                “He kissed you, didn’t he?”  Daehyun’s growl was low, but in the silent night, Youngjae couldn’t miss it.

                “I… he…”  Before he could answer, his wrist was grabbed in a bone-breaking grip and Daehyun tugged him forward, slamming his back against the front door.  Youngjae winced at the impact and whined at the pain as his other arm was grabbed and both were slammed next to his head.

                “Your lips are mine, Youngjae.  Nobody else’s.”  Daehyun accented his point with a squeeze to Youngjae’s wrists. 

                “Get the hell off me!” Youngjae spat, but his mouth was soon covered by Daehyun’s.  He struggled to break free, but Daehyun was unrelenting, just leaning into him harder and trapping him against the door.  He finally found his chance when Daehyun’s tongue attempted to slither into his mouth and he bit down on it.  Hard.

                “What the hell?!” Daehyun snapped, pulling back in pain.

                “I told you to get off of me.”

                “What is wrong with you, Youngjae?  Why in the hell are you so intent to ruin everything we had?!  What the do you think you’re doing running around with someone like him?  How do you think that makes me feel?”

                A resounding smack echoed through the still night and Daehyun held onto his stinging cheek in shock.

                “Don’t you dare,” Youngjae hissed through his clenched teeth.  “Don’t you dare try to turn this around on me.  I’m not the one in the wrong.”

                “Youngjae-“

                “There’s nothing wrong with getting tired of being someone’s easy .  From the start this has always been about what you wanted.  You wanted someone who you could get all of your pent up feelings and emotions out on without having to take a risk, without having to commit.  But what about what I want?  Huh?  Maybe I want to be with someone who isn’t embarrassed to be seen with me.  Maybe I want someone who loves me for me and is proud to let people know that.  I deserve someone who isn’t ashamed of loving me.  And that person is not you, Daehyun.”

                “Youngjae, please-“

                “Goodbye, Jung Daehyun.  From now on you won’t have to pretend not to know me anymore.”

                Youngjae turned around and fumbled with the door, finally opening and disappearing behind it before closing it with a slam.  Daehyun leapt forward, grabbing for the doorknob, but the resounding click sounded in the air and he was met with a lock door.

                “Youngjae, please!” He begged, pounding on the door as sobs rose in his chest.  “Youngjae…”

 

                Monday came and Daehyun had thought that he would be rested, but he was sadly mistaken.  Even though he hadn’t had anything to do all weekend, all he could manage was to mope around in his room and think of Youngjae.  So many times he had tried to call him, but all of his calls went ignored.  He had thought of going to the younger’s house, but then thought that maybe this was what he needed.  If he had a small break from the blond, then maybe he’d be able to get his thoughts in order to properly confront him once they were both back in school.  But yet again, he was wrong.  He had never been more confused or more emotionally exhausted in his life.  He had thought of skipping, but knew that he wouldn’t get any more rest in his house than at school, and the idea of passing up the chance to get even a glimpse of his lover was unbearable.  So here he was, with dark bags under his eyes and a wrinkled uniform.

                He waited impatiently before homeroom, his knee hitting the underside of his desk as it jiggled.  Where was Youngjae?  It was almost time to start and neither the blond nor the pest were here even though Youngjae was notorious for always being the first and studying right up to the bell.  Hell, that was the only reason he ever started showing up on time- so that he could sit and pretend to look at his notebook while he really observed Youngjae.  He loved seeing the way the younger would crinkle his forward or scrunch his nose when something stumped him, or watch him absentmindedly chew the back of his pencil while he read.  Everything about Youngjae was perfection in Daehyun’s eyes.  He just wished he could get everyone else to see that.

                With a minute to spare before the bell, Youngjae and Himchan came running into the room, laughing about something that Daehyun couldn’t make out as they made their way to their desks next to each other.

                “You were so funny yesterday, Hyung,” Youngjae giggled.  “I can’t believe how bad you were at DDR.”

                “Well, I’d never been to an arcade before.  You were the one who dragged me there,” Himchan countered, puffing out his lips into a pout.

                Daehyun froze.  Youngjae had always begged him to take him to an arcade.  He had said that he was tired of going alone, that he was his fantasy to go with someone he liked.  Daehyun had also fantasized about it- playing the games together, seeing the pout on Youngjae’s face whenever he lost or his bright eyes if he won, taking photobooth pictures together, chowing down on snacks, maybe even winning Youngjae one of those toys from the claw machines that the younger would hold to his chest tightly, cheeks blushing…

                But Daehyun had always told him no.  Arcades were pretty popular amongst their friends and their friends’ friends from other schools, and thus nowhere was safe from potentially prying eyes.  They couldn’t risk being caught.  Or rather… Daehyun couldn’t risk it.  But now, Youngjae seemed to have somebody to do all those things with… Daehyun had been replaced.

 

                Lunch came and, just like Friday, Daehyun was ready to beat down the next person who looked at him the wrong way.  Or run home and cry, whichever came first.  Not only had the entire student body been fawning all over Himchan- giving him their undivided attention when he was there and singing his praises non-stop when he wasn’t, but Himchan had spent his entire time fawning over Youngjae.  Daehyun was about to explode.  He had never gone this long without talking to the younger either and it was killing him inside.

                He flopped down in his chair, everyone turning to stare in shock when he didn’t have any food with him.

                “Are you ok?” Yongguk asked, but Daehyun just ignored him.

                “Where’s your lunch?” Junhong tried.

                “Not hungry.”

                “Are you sure you’re-“

                “Just leave me alone!” Daehyun snapped and his friends quickly diverted their attention.  He wasn’t in the mood to deal with them, but he didn’t know where else to go.  Soon after, two familiar figures walked into the cafeteria and took their seat at the corner.

                Daehyun watched them, his fiery eyes burning holes in their unsuspecting heads and anyone who looked his way quickly turned away in fear.  Himchan was feeding Youngjae some vegetables from his chopsticks.  The younger’s mouth was wide open and he leaned forward to intercept the food.  He ate it with a smile, nodding his head in approval.  Then Himchan’s hand reached out, running over his bottom lip where sauce had fallen.  He leaned forward, eyes half lidded…

                Daehyun’s mind was blank as he threw back his chair and stormed across the cafeteria, all eyes on him now.  No one had ever seen Daehyun lose his cool before and they didn’t have a clue why he had now.  They all stared on, wandering what he was going to do and to whom.  That was answered when a resounding crack filled the cafeteria and Himchan fell out of his chair, splayed across the ground.

                “What the hell is wrong with you?!” Youngjae shrieked at the panting Daehyun who still had fury in his eyes.  The blond tried to move to the boy on the ground, but Daehyun caught him by the wrist and pulled him back.  His other armed wrapped around the younger’s waist, pulling him tight into his chest.  Youngjae’s brown eyes were wide in shock when he stared into them, obviously wondering what the hell the elder was doing.  Daehyun lowered his lids and leaned forward, capturing the much missed lips once again.

                Everyone in the cafeteria gave a collective gasp, obviously in shock as to what they were witnessing.  Two school stars kissing the same school nerd?!  And Jung Daehyun, nonetheless, who could have any girl he wanted.  But there he was, kissing Youngjae and it was hard for anyone to process.

                Daehyun slowly broke the kiss, Youngjae still looking at him in surprise when he opened his eyes.  A sweat started to break out when he came down from his animalistic instincts and realized exactly what he had done.  But it was too late to go back now.  And he didn’t want to if it meant losing Youngjae.  He got down on his knees, holding their younger’s hands in his, and looked up at him with pleading eyes.

                “Youngjae, I’m so sorry.  I’m sorry for making you think I was embarrassed of you, for not considering your feelings.  I’m sorry for not treasuring you and worshipping you like you deserve.  I’m sorry for being the world’s worst boyfriend.  But I love you.  I love you so much, Youngjae, it’s making me crazy.  I love everything about you, from the way your eyes practically disappear when you smile, or how big they grow whenever you’re surprised, to the way you smack me when you laugh and the sounds you make when I’m kissing you and holding you close.  I took you for granted and I was wrong.  But I promise that I’ll never make that mistake again.  If you’ll let me, I’ll spend the rest of forever making up for it.  I don’t care who knows, I don’t care what happens.  I just want to be with you, Youngjae.”

                Daehyun’s voice choked as he tried to hold back his sobs, but tears were streaming down Youngjae’s face by now that he tried to hide in his hair as he wiped his face on his arm.

                “You idiot,” he cried and jerked Daehyun to his feet.  Daehyun stumbled to get up, but felt warm lips on his when he finally did.  He smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms tight around his love.

                “DAEJAE! DAEJAE! DAEJAE!” Chants started to ring through the cafeteria and Daehyun pulled back to look at everyone in surprise.  Honestly, he had forgotten they were there, but this was about the time he expected to be pelted with food, not cheered on.

                “Oh my god, this is just like a drama!” Ji Eun squealed as she looked on at the trio in the corner.

                “I want two hot guys fighting over me like that,” Hana sighed.  “We need to asked Youngjae his secrets!”

                “So I guess this was the you were talking about?” Himchan grimaced as he walked over to the pair, his thumb running over the red mark on his lip.  He gave a hard glare to Daehyun, but turned a warmer gaze back to Youngjae.  “If he ever acts up again, you know I’m right here and would take you away in heartbeat.”

                “Thanks for everything, Himchan,” Youngjae smiled at the elder.  “We can still be friends, right?”

                Himchan smile and ruffled the top of Youngjae’s messy hair.  “Of course.”

                “Hey, I’m sorry,” Daehyun apologized sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked up at the taller boy.

                “Yeah, I’m not going to be friends with you,” the diva snapped, putting his nose in the air.

                “Daehyun!  We got extra chairs!  Bring them over!” Junhong shouted, catching his attention and they turned to see Daehyun’s three best friends signaling to the two extra chairs they had pulled up.

                Daehyun slipped his hand into Youngjae’s, giving him a bright smile as they made their way over to the table. 

                “Hey, Youngjae…we’re sorry about everything…” Yongguk apologized with an ashamed expression.  “I hope that you can forgive us and now that you’re dating our Daehyunnie-“ Daehyun glared viciously at the abhorred nickname, but Yongguk paid him no mind “you’ll become our friend too?”

                “Sure,” Youngjae nodded with a smile, turning to beam at his now official boyfriend.

                “So… what’s your name?” Himchan asked Yongguk with a wink and the eldest of the group quickly flushed red, much to the amusement of the rest of the group.

               

                “I’m sorry for everything, baby,” Daehyun whispered into Youngjae’s ear, arm slipping around his waist when everyone became distracted by Himchan’s ferocious flirting with Yongguk.

                “Trust me.  You’re going to be paying for it with the world’s greatest make up tonight,” Youngjae asked with a coy smirk.

                Daehyun broke into a huge smile.  “It’s a deal.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Waaaaah. Crappy ending is so crappy.  Please forgive me. OTL.  I just… I planned out up until Daehyun punched Himchan really meticulously, but then after that nothing came to me so I just wrote and saw what came out.  I hope it was at least mildly acceptable.

1/9 one shot requests finished!

 

I hope you liked it!  Lemme know below :)

Love,

Dani <3