...

Delivery Man

Friday night has always been boring. Tao’s parents work until late and there’s nothing to do. Like every night, he’s on the Internet, scrolling away the hours that he should have used for homeworks, when he hears a monstrous grumble. Realizing that he hadn't eaten anything since noon, Tao heads off to the kitchen, hoping to find something that he can microwave so he doesn’t have to cook. To his disappointment, there is nothing to eat and he is not settling with ice cream for dinner again. Luckily for Tao, there is a coupon for the pizza place that his mom attached to the fridge in cases like today.

 

Going on the site of the pizza shop, Tao orders his usual; a large thin crust pizza with sauce, cheese, onion, and sausage.  After filling everything out, Tao sees the “Driver’s Instruction” box and decided to just write something random there since one, he’s bored out of his mind, and two, it’s not like the delivery person reads these instructions.

 

Hmmm what would be fun to watch? Tao though. I could tell him to do an Irish dance for me when he gets here. But he probably won’t. It’s too ridiculous. He won’t do it. Hmmmmmm.... What’s embarrassing, but do-able?

 

A spark then lights up in Tao’s head and with his slender fingers, Tao types in “tell me im pretty” With a smirk on his face, he then hit submit and the screen pops up, saying “Please wait 30 to 40 minutes for your pizza to be delivered.”

 

Feeling satisfied, Tao goes back to mindlessly wonders on the Internet and wait patiently for his pizza to be delivered.


 

------

Today is Wufan’s first day working at a pizza shop. Since it’s the summer time and he needed extra money, Wufan decided to put his driver’s license to good use and be a delivery man. His first delivery is to a Huang Zitao and then to a Park Chanyeol. Like any good employee on the first day, he made sure that he has all of the pizza needed to be delivered and that they’re all in their respective heating bag so the they don’t get cold.

 

When he arrives that Zitao’s house, Wufan checks that he grabbed the right pizza and then looks at the Driver’s Instruction. He read the single line on the small sticker once, then twice, and then thrice. Wufan couldn’t believe what he just read. It’s his first day and he has to do something so embarrassing already.

 

OK. Deep breaths Wufan. You can do this. It’s your first day and you don’t want to screw it up. It’s probably just a stupid prank. Just go up to their house and say that line with a straight face. It’s only two words. You can say two words right? Yes. Yes you can. Let makes this short and quick, and then you can just leave and delivers the other pizza.

 

Wufan then gets out of his car and rings the doorbell. His heart beats start to increase and Wufan thinks, Short and quick. Short and quick. Just two words Wufan. You can do this.


 

------

Tao is concentrating on passing an unexpectedly hard level on Candy Crush when he hears his doorbell rings and remembers his pizza. He puts his phone on the bed, grabs his wallet, and walks toward the door. To be honest, after the 15th minutes of waiting, Tao has totally dismissed what he wrote on the instruction and forgot about it all together.

 

So he is very surprise when he sees a very tall, handsome, and blushing delivering man in front of him.

 

“A-are you s-serious about what you wr-wrote?” The stranger asks.

 

“What do you mean?” Tao asks back.

 

“T-the thing on the Driver’s Instruction. To tell you that you-you’re pretty.”

 

Tao then remembers what he wrote and started laughing. To his surprise, the delivery man says you’re pretty and hands him his pizza.

 

Pretending that his wallet is not in his back pocket, Tao told the delivery man to give him a second to get it. With a smirk, Tao then walks to his dining table and looks for a pen and sticky notes. He then writes something on the note, folds it into fourth, and taking out his money, Tao places his note in the bills.

 

“I gave you some extra tips for actually doing that. Thanks for the pizza.” Tao says enthusiastically.

 

“Uhhh. No problem, I guess. Enjoy your pizza.” The stranger says with the biggest smile. Tao then close the door and walks back into the dining room with the most satisfied expression on his face. So glad I did that. Tao giggles to himself. Now, time for me to devour this delicious mess.


 

---------

Wufan is standing in front of Huang Zitao’s door, still not over of what just happened. Wow. Wfan thought. He is really pretty. He then snaps out of his thoughts and starts to count the money in his hand.  And he tips well.

 

Wufan then notices a small folded pink sticky in between the bills and unfolds it. On the sticky, there’s a semi-legible handwriting that says, “Hey!!! My name is Zitao, but you probably already know that. Anyway, here’s my number!! You should call me * U * ” Underneath that message, Wufan sees ten number to Tao’s phone and smiles.

 

What am I doing? He’s a total stranger! What if he wants to kill me? But a part of him wants to give this Huang Zitao a call and to go on a date with him. Unsurprisingly, that side won and so Wufan decided to give Tao a call after his shift. What’s the harm in one call? Worse case scenario, it’s another dumb prank.

 

Wufan then ran back to his car, realizing how long he just spend on his first house and drives to the next one, hoping that he might be lucky and gets to leave early on his first day so he can call Tao that night.