Drive By

Through the Universes

Jongwoon opened his eyes reluctantly, squinting to the harsh light of the morning sun. It was too early for this, and he had a massive headache. He sighed and snuggled deeper into the covers, hugging the form in his arms closer and tighter.

Wait, what?

He reopened his eyes with confusion and looked next to him. A man with bright orange hair was curled into his side, eyes closed and breathing softly. He almost yelled in shock, but managed to not awake the sleeping male beside him. He looked down slowly to discover he was . That was never a good sign. Sitting up, he looked around and noticed that this wasn't his house, the walls were white and bare and there was practically no mess, his bedroom walls were blue and it was a pigsty in there. What the hell was he doing here?

"... ..." 

He squirmed out of the smaller man's hold and stood up, frantically searching for his clothes. He could shower at home, all he had to do was get out of this guy's house. He dressed himself quickly, checking if he had his phone and wallet before rushing into the hallway and locating the front door.

"This is bad, this is bad, this is so bad!"

---

He had obviously been drunk, Jongwoon observed, as his head felt like it was about to burst when he drove into the driveway of his shared flat (which was a mystery to him, how did he even get his car there?). He parked and got out of the car, slamming the door as he went. The door of the flat opened and a curious blonde head poked out.

"Wow, what happened to you?" He asked, genuinely curious. "We were wondering where you went..."

"I, unknowingly, did something bad!" Jongwoon barged through the door and went straight to the kitchen, grabbing a large glass and filling it with water. He vaguely registered the other following him.

"Why do you smell like ?" Another voice entered his hearing range. "And you look like you've been in a hurricane dude, what happened?"

Jongwoon whipped his head back quickly, glaring daggers at the two people who were questioning him. Another wave of pain surged through his head and he hissed in pain, gulping down the glass of water in his hand.

"Shut up Kyuhyun!" He groaned, rummaging the pantry for painkiller. "Ugh, guys, what happened last night?"

"... We went to a bar... For some drinks and we talked..." Hyukjae looked up, trying to recall the prior night's events. "Then we all got drunk, but you were smashed dude, seriously, you were a lunatic."

"Next...?" Jongwoon swallowed the pills with another gulp of water. 

"You started dancing, and met someone..." Kyuhyun stated nonchalantly. "I can't remember much after that, I found that Sungmin was there and I-"

"Enough!" Hyukjae interrupted abruptly. "We don't need to know what deeds you and Sungmin committed last night..."

"As if you weren't doing the same with Donghae!" Kyuhyun smirked evilly. 

"I wasn't! I am an innocent child!" 

"Sure you are."

"I am!"

"Oh, tell me, who top-"

"QUIET!" Jongwoon yelled, making the other two shrink down. Jongwoon was usually a nice guy but when he was angry it was like awakening the Devil from his sleep. "I don't really care about your stories of voyeurism!!! That's not really the point! You two got me really drunk, I had and I don't even remember what happened which means I could of potentially showed them my secret! I mean, c'mon guys! You know I can't take alcohol!!!!"

"Sorry..." Hyukjae squeaked timidly. "It was Kyuhyun..."

"Yeah... Sorry hyung," Kyuhyun said quietly. "But it was fun right?"

"... you Cho Kyuhyun," Jongwoon groaned with frustration. "Do you know what I could've done?! I could've let my secret out!!!"

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!!! Um... Go have a shower hyung," Kyuhyun looked at him somewhat sympathetically. "It'll make you feel better."

Jongwoon knew that his inner self just wanted to strangle Kyuhyun and take away all his StarCraft stuff, but he also knew better than that.

Even if the strangling sounded more appealing.

"... Fine... Yeah, okay..." Jongwoon stood up and began to walk to the bathroom. "That'll help..."

He found the bathroom with ease, closing the door and quickly shedding himself of his clothing; he flicked on the water and waited until it was a good temperature before walking under the stream. The warm water pelted over his body, making him feel more relaxed and calmer. 

"Okay, this isn't as bad as it could be..." Jongwoon thought. "I haven't forgotten what happened, I couldn't even if I wanted to, so I should be able to remember it..."

He started making a mental thought map. So, at about ten, they had gone to the bar, talked for about half an hour with little drinks in between, quarter to eleven they had gotten slightly drunk, but he had obviously been 'smashed' (he was unfamiliar with the term until recently...) and had begun to dance. Then the person he'd been dancing with took him to their place and they had had . The only thing that panicked him; he had with a human.

It wasn't that he wasn't human, or that he thought humans were bad, or that he thought that was bad (but he didn't really think it was amazing or anything, he hadn't really had a romantic partner, so he wouldn't have known anyway), it was because he had superpowers, he was a psychic and revealing his powers was the last thing he wanted to do... It may be a bit mean to call them 'humans', but he called normal people that because he didn't really know what to call himself compared to them... And humans were normal, which he wasn't... Sadly.

How he got his powers? Kind of a boring story, no falling into a nuclear pool of liquid and no abduction by aliens. It ran in his family, his grandfather was a part of an extremely confidential and complex scientific experiment, which went horribly wrong. After they had checked everyone was okay, his grandfather had thought that he was fine, although something unknown merged into his DNA, completely unknown to him, but after a few weeks, strange occurrences happened around him. He had soon discovered that all these random things were his doing and he tried to control them, it worked. The ability was passed through the family and now he had the psychic powers (and his brother didn't, which secretly made him quite happy). 

He had actually never planned to have flat mates, already being friends with them, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had approached him and practically begged to stay, as they had just left university. At first, he had been resentful, as he would have to be careful with his abilities, but after about a week of begging, he gave in, and let the two stay with him. Everything had been going fine for the first few months, then one day, when Jongwoon had thought the two would be out for a while, he had been cleaning up... Using telekinesis... And while he was happily standing in the middle of the room, humming a song and sending items through the air to their original places, the front door opened without him knowing, thus revealing him and his psychic abilities. Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had freaked out at first, and Jongwoon was almost sure he would have to erase their memories, but after telekinetically getting them to sit down he explained how he could do "all that freak stuff" as Kyuhyun had first called it. The two had been shocked, but they soon calmed and found the idea cool. They were the only two who knew about his powers, apart from his family.

He located some shampoo, squirted a large amount on to his hand and lathered it into his hair, the smell of apple wafting through the air. He breathed out and closed his eyes, trying to fill the gaps of his memory, thinking, taking his mind for anything that was connected to the prior night. Like a film, a small snippet of a memory ran through his head, it was the male with orange-hair, dragging him away from the dance floor, the noise was blurred and so was everything else around them. The person pulling him along was turned away from him, so all he could see was the back of his head. 

Well, it wasn't much, but it was something.

---

After showering he came out of his bedroom wearing a pair of navy blue skinny jeans, a purple t-shirt with some random English words on it (he hadn't been bother to read it), and a black jacket. His headache had subsided and he had discovered a new-found hunger inside of him.

"Hey hyung, you feeling better now?" Hyukjae asked cautiously as he walked into the living room.

"Yeah, a lot better..." Jongwoon smiled at him sheepishly, he sat down at the table. "Do we have any food?"

"Yeah, we made you some ramen," Kyuhyun called from the kitchen. "Well, Hyuk did, he wouldn't let me near it..."

"Thanks guys," Jongwoon hummed as Kyuhyun came to him with a bowl and some chopsticks. "What will you guys be doing today?"

"... I dunno..." Eunhyuk shrugged going to the fridge and grabbing a carton of strawberry milk. "None of us have to go in to work today right? That's why we went drinking last night... So maybe we could-“

"Play StarCraft," Kyuhyun said bluntly, although seeing the looks he got from the other two he sighed. "Okay! Fine then... Uh, maybe we could go to the supermarket to restock the pantry, it's kinda empty..."

"Good idea," Jongwoon said through a mouthful of noodles. "I guess I'll go for a walk or something... Try clear my head and remember what happened..."

"Well, it's not like you can forget it... Even if you wanted to," Hyukjae grinned at him. "So you should be able to remember it... Easier than Kyu or I."

"I know... But... It's just so scary..." Jongwoon sighed sadly. "I haven't even not been able to remember anything... The experience is new to me, and to be honest, rather horrifying..."

"... It's okay hyung..." Hyukjae said happily. "I mean, it's ju-"

"Welcome to the normal world," Kyuhyun interrupted and walked over to Jongwoon and patted him on the shoulder, earning his a panicked, strangled gasp from Hyukjae and a set of daggers pointed directly at his face from Jongwoon, his eyes could kill. "That's what a hangover does to you Yeye."

Jongwoon glared at him from his bowl of noodles. "Shut up Cho, you're lucky I'm still letting you live here..."

Kyuhyun held his hands up in surrender and walked over to the fridge as well, grabbing out another carton of strawberry milk. "If you want one, there's none left, so we have to go buy more."

"Why would I drink that foul stuff?" Jongwoon scrunched his face up. "Chocolate milk is way better."

"Suit yourself." Kyuhyun walked off, most probably to his room. "I'm gonna get ready, then we can go to the supermarket."

---

Jongwoon smiled at his two flat mates running around the supermarket like maniacs, grabbing whatever Jongwoon said and anything else they wanted. It was quite funny, as they would usually race to get one thing to another, causing havoc among the aisles and leaving Jongwoon roll the trolley around after them and to apologise to whomever they knocked over. 

"Guys I think that's enough," Jongwoon laughed, following his lunatic friends around. "We have plenty of food, this'll last us a while... I hope..."

"We live with Hyukjae, hyung," Kyuhyun stated blankly. "I think it will last us about three days, five at the most.”

"That's a while!" Hyukjae whined childishly, placing another few items in the trolley.

"You two are like-Ugh..." Jongwoon held a hand to his forehead, his head hurt again and he closed his eyes. 

Scenes played in his mind, it was him, dancing alone in the middle of the dance floor, squished between many people while blaring music and harsh lights filled the entire club, and he vaguely remembered that Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had left him for their partners, who they'd found in the club coincidently. 

"Bastards..." He thought to himself.

"Hyung?!" Hyukjae panicked, waving a hand in front of his face. "What's wrong?!"

"He can't see that stupid, his eyes are closed," Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before lowering his voice. "Look, Jongwoon, what's up? Your powers acting up again or something?"

"Yeah... I'll be fine though..." He whispered standing upright. "I was just remembering something... Uh, flashback."

"Ah, I get it, if you don't remember something, you remember it in small clumps," Hyukjae stated. "So this will be happening a lot during the day... Or over time, I dunno how long it takes for you to remember things..."

"Yeah..." Jongwoon sighed putting things on the conveyer belt. "Kyuhyun, your turn to pay."

"Dammit..." the youngest cursed grabbing out his wallet.

---

As the days went on, Jongwoon found that no more 'flashbacks' came to him, and he began to really worry. He had photographic memory, so he shouldn't be able to forget anything, but he couldn't remember what happened on that Saturday night...

He paced around the living room about a week after the incident, muttering to himself while he tried thinking of why he couldn't remember, and of course, what happened. Kyuhyun, Hyukjae, Donghae and Sungmin, the latter two had been invited around by Hyukjae, sat on the two couches watching the eldest walk around the room in circles.

"Is something wrong?" Donghae asked aloud, to no one in particular.

"He's just a bit freaked out," Kyuhyun shrugged nonchalantly. "A week ago was the first time he got drunk and had a hangover, and had , and now he's really worried that he can't remember it."

"... You were a ?" Sungmin blinked incredulously. "Seriously? At twenty-eight?"

"Shut up!" Jongwoon yelled before going back to sauntering around the room. "Don't judge me!"

"Why's he so freaked out...?" Donghae questioned again. "A hangover is perfectly normal, it won't damage his intellect or something if that's what he's worried about."

"Thank you for the compliment," Jongwoon smiled at the fish like boy. "Hyukjae, I really like your boyfriend."

"He's mine ." 

"I wasn't meaning like that."

"He's still mine!"

"Anyway, why is he freaked out..?" Donghae asked to Kyuhyun.

"Well, if I woke up in a bed, not being able to remember anything, , I'd freak too," Kyuhyun said bluntly. "Unless it was Sungmin, of course."

"He can't remember anything," Hyukjae sighed. "And he doesn't forget anything, so it's freaky for him."

"Why would you be so scared that you couldn't remember anything? It was probably a one-night-stand," Sungmin smiled, trying to be soothing. "And if you can't remember things, then the chances are the person who you had it with probably doesn't remember anything either."

"That still doesn't make anything better..." Jongwoon mumbled, eyes beginning to glow with anxiousness. He noticed this, and faced the floor to prevent Donghae and Sungmin from seeing. "I could've ruined my whole life! Again!"

"How could you do that?" Donghae pouted. "You couldn't do that unless you had a reputation or something..."

"No baby..." Hyukjae draped an arm around Donghae's shoulder. "Jongwoon has to be careful around people."

"Why?" Sungmin inquired.

"Let's just say I know something... That other people are..." Jongwoon muttered lowly. "Probably better off not knowing..."

"Like...?"

"Sungmin, please don't push it," Kyuhyun pleaded, holding his boyfriend. "Imagine your deepest, darkest secret, one you wouldn't even tell me, now imagine that fifty times worse, that's how hard this is for Jongwoon."

Hyukjae looked at the bickering couple, then looked at Donghae, who was happily snuggled into his shoulder with his eyes closed, then he looked back at the KyuMin couple, and noticed that the light shade was a little too close for his liking. He looked over the edge of the couch and saw that they were about two metre of the ground. 

"Hyung!!!!" He frantically thought to Jongwoon. "You're lifting everything up!!!"

It was true, Jongwoon's powers were lifting up not only the couches, but almost everything mobile around them, items swirling around the room and going in different directions. The telepathic call, although, had not reached the eldest, as he paid no attention and continued pacing, items float higher and higher as he did. How no one else had noticed was a mystery to him, but if they didn't sort this out soon, someone was bound to notice, and that would mean a lot of explaining that would probably make Jongwoon have a heart attack.

"Hyung!!! Listen to me-ugh, Kyuhyun!" Hyukjae tried with the youngest, Jongwoon had set up a telepathic link with him so they could use that instead of phones. The younger noticed Hyukjae's call.

"I'm listening."

"Have you noticed that we're almost two metres off the ground?"

"What?" 

Hyukjae noticed Kyuhyun look around vaguely, and blink at him with cluelessness, having no idea what to do. He looked at Sungmin, who had his face in his chest luckily.

"Jongwoon!" Kyuhyun yelled, making the eldest snap out of his trance, looking around, he stopped, looked around in shock, and screamed, running out of the room and deep into the house.

"... Why is the couch off the ground...?" Donghae asked curiously. "And why'd Jongwoon run away...?"

"Well, if I was just pacing around the room casually and suddenly looked up to find all my friends floating about two metres above me on couches, I'd be scared less as well," Kyuhyun shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. "Like seriously, what is going on?"

"Smooth," Hyukjae's voice ran through his head. "Real smooth Cho."

"Shut up," Kyuhyun glared at the blonde head. "How do we get down now? Jongwoon is the one who made this mess! And if someone walks in now them would get really real, really fast."

"Well? You're the smart one here," Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "You think of something." 

"Um... Lemme see, let's try get Jongwoon here and we can get some logical example out of him," Kyuhyun mentally listed. "And boom shaka laka, the world is saved."

"... No..."

"Shut up..."

"How aren't you scared less right now!?" Sungmin screeched. "We're two metres off the ground! And we have no idea of what's happening!!!"

"... How do we get down, that's what I'm wondering..." Donghae said thoughtfully. 

"So you aren't worrying about the fact that we’re two metres off the ground?" Hyukjae asked curiously.

"Nah, I think it's cool," Donghae shrugged. "It's not scary; we're just floating in the air on couches."

"And you aren't scared what's causing it?" Kyuhyun added.

"Why should we be? I think it's awesome!" Donghae laughed peering over the edge. "Although, how would we get down without hurting ourselves...?"

"Okay!!! When I come back into the room, there will be no floating couches, got it?" Jongwoon's voice echoed through the silent room, he began to walk in slowly. "Five... Four... Three... Two... And... Nope, goodbye, you're still floating."

Jongwoon ran out again, hiding in his room.

"Yah! Jongwoon!" Kyuhyun yelled out. "Could you help us?!"

As if Kyuhyun's call had activated something, the couches landed on the ground with loud thumps, falling quickly and shocking the people on them.

"That was not nice!" Sungmin gasped out. "What was that?!"

"Is everything normal again?!" Jongwoon asked curiously. 

"Yeah! Couches are on the ground!" Hyukjae called back. "You're safe from falling people."

"..." Jongwoon walked in, and sighed with relief as he saw the couches were back on the floor in their previous places. "Thank god, that was scary!"

"It was scary for you?" Donghae blinked. "I never knew you were that much of a scaredy cat Jongwoon."

"Shut up Donghae." 

---

Two weeks since the incident was nearing, and Jongwoon still hadn't had any new flashbacks of any sort. He was really scared now, what if his powers were fading away? But that seemed impossible, as the display of his telekinesis when Sungmin and Donghae were there was quite impressive if he had to say so himself. So the potential loss of his powers was most probably out of the question, yet that didn't stop him worrying...

"Jongwoon, don't worry, I'm sure you aren't losing your powers," Hyukjae said, trying to act soothing. "Like you said, it's a DNA mutation, something like that can't just 'fade away', it's logically impossible." 

"Yeah Hyung," Kyuhyun added. "As much as I hate to admit it, Hyuk is right, you can't just lose your powers, and it’s not possible... Well, it shouldn't be."

"No one said it was impossible," Jongwoon pointed out as he paced up and down the length of the couch. "So that means that I could lose them... And as much as I'm scared of them, I don't want to lose them; they're the only thing that makes me feel... Special."

That fact was true. Jongwoon always found that he couldn't seem to do anything, he couldn't dance for his life like Hyukjae could, he couldn't sing as well as Kyuhyun, he couldn't play any sports, he was way to clumsy for something like that... It just seemed like there was nothing he could do, well, outstandingly well anyway. His powers... They were the only thing he had. They made him feel like he had something impressive about him, even if he couldn't show it off to anyone (except Hyukjae and Kyuhyun, but they didn't really count)

"Maybe you're just thinking too much," Hyukjae shrugged. "It's possible; you're too busy worrying about stuff, your head's full of thoughts. Maybe the memories of that night are there, but you can't see them, because you're just thinking too much they can't get through to the main memory spot in your brain... I dunno..."

"Now that's impossible Hyukjae," Jongwoon sighed exasperatedly. "I mean, how could I be thinking too much, I could never-OW!!!"

Jongwoon suddenly buckled over, body collapsing to the ground as images flashed through his head, clawing his scalp at the pounding throb spreading through his head. His eyes glowed a vivid purple as he looked up at the other two, who were staring at each other with a 'we knew it' type face. 

"Are you getting anything now Jongwoon...?" Kyuhyun's voice vaguely reached his ears; he couldn't hear that well over the pounding music that filled his head. 

Someone was walking up to him; he couldn't see that well, vision obscured by intoxication. But he could definitely see a blur of orange hair, darkly outlined eyes and high cheekbones. He couldn't see the person that clearly, but something about the mysterious person made his heart thump uncontrollably. It shocked him he felt like that at a simple memory. Maybe that was the way he was feeling at the time? But then again, he hasn't been able to perceive feelings from memories. Ever.

"Yeah yeah Cho, shut it..." Jongwoon cursed as he unsteadily stood up. "Ow... That one really hurt..."

"The flashback...?" Hyukjae asked.

"No, not the flashback," Jongwoon corrected while going to retrieve a glass of water. "Just the flash of it... The intensity of it as it came... I've never felt one so strong... It hurts like hell though..."

"Well, from here it can only go uphill," Kyuhyun smiled cheekily. "Right hyung?"

---

Jongwoon experienced another flashback that night, waking up to an extremely painful, unwelcome pounding in the back of his head. Scenes of him and this other guy laughing as they walked out of the nightclub ran through his mind. He still couldn't quite see the other guy's face, vision still blurred with intoxication at the time.

To come to think of it, the flashbacks he was receiving weren't particularly in order of when they happened... They were all jumbled thoughts, muddled up pieces in his brain for him to put together. 

The pain that was being emitted through his skull was getting to a point of unbearable. He shakily got to his feet from his bed, stumbling around in the dark to try and get to the door. Trying to call Hyukjae or Kyuhyun would be a useful attempt of getting help; his throat seemed to be dryer than a desert.

More parts of the scene flashed through his mind, them getting in the car and driving off, it was a miracle they survived, if Jongwoon had to admit, he was driving like a maniac. They were talking, but he could only here muffled noises, which irritated him a lot. 

"It can only go uphill from here..." Jongwoon quoted Kyuhyun. "Pah, yeah right Cho..."

He barely made it to the door although he tried, collapsing at halfway and curling up in a ball on the carpet. The cool night air was nice against his boiling skin, but that didn't stop the radiating pain that wracked his head. The noises in his mind became louder, and suddenly began to make sense. 

"What's your name?"

"I'm Jongwoon, Kim Jongwoon, you?"

"I'm..."

The clearness of the voices was cut off again and he felt his conscious slipping. What was wrong with him, he'd never been through so much pain merely remembering stuff. It confused him greatly. 

"Dammit..." He cursed silently. "I almost had a name..." 

---

The next morning Kyuhyun noticed that Jongwoon wasn't awake, even though it was well past eleven o'clock. This fact was weird seeming that Jongwoon was usually the first one awake, at nine thirty. He walked down the hall and knocked on Jongwoon's door. 

"Hey, hyung... You up?" Kyuhyun called out, frowning when he got no reply. "Hello? Jongwoon?"

Kyuhyun opened the door slightly; peering into the gap he'd made that entered the room. That was weird, the bed was empty. He opened the door fully, walking in cautiously. Now he had a full view of the room, he had the sight of Jongwoon's body curled up in the middle of the floor, shivering and shaking. He was mumbling in his sleep, although they were becoming louder. Kyuhyun rushed to his side, unsure of what to do.

"Um... Um..." He panicked, kneeling at Jongwoon's side. "HYUKJAE!!! GET YOUR IN HERE NOW!!!"

There was a loud bang and a yell before Hyukjae came barging into the room.

"What's wrong?!" He asked cautiously as he entered. "You were using your 'Hyukjae I don't know what to do' voice, and when you use that voice, that can never be-, what happened?!"

The blonde head rushed to the other side of Jongwoon, whose mumbles had now turned to of a normal talking volume. He shook the psychic’s side lightly; he reacted by curling up even tighter.

"Hyung, can you hear me?" Hyukjae said sternly. "Wake up!"

Jongwoon's talking soon turned to hysterical yelling of somehow incoherent things, his limbs flailing everywhere as the other two tried to pin him down. He sat up abruptly, eyes wide and glowing purple, a name lingering on his lips. 

"Ryeowook..."

"... What..?" Kyuhyun scrunched his face up.

"Ryeowook, that's his name," Jongwoon faced him. "I had a massive flashback last night, it was really bad and I tried to get a drink of water but ended up here. But I remembered his name, it's Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook, if I remember the last bit correctly..."

"Kim Ryeowook...?" Kyuhyun hummed thoughtfully, mainly to himself. "Why does that name sound so familiar?"

"But I'm really scared..." Jongwoon continued, ignoring Kyuhyun and facing Hyukjae. "I don't know why... But lately my heart has been beating with sporadic patterns whenever I get a flashback... And it's really weird because usually I can never perceive feelings from memories. It's never happened before..."

"... Are you sure that isn't what you were feeling at the time of the flashback...?" Hyukjae mused curiously. "It's a possibility... If it's never happened 'in' a flashback, is it possible to happen 'while' you're having one?"

"I don't know, this experience is new to me..." Jongwoon rubbed his head. "It's all wibbley wobbly in my head at the moment... I don't know if I can know what it is, seeming my father and I are the only two on the planet that I know who have these abilities..."

"Why don't you ask your dad then?" Kyuhyun stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "He would know wouldn't he?"

"My father doesn't know everything," Jongwoon sighed sadly. "Even as an adult he's still discovering new things about his powers..."

"Well, try talking to him, that's all I got," Kyuhyun shrugged. "There is a possibility he'd know... Maybe he went through the same thing at your age."

"I'm twenty-eight." 

"Exactly," Kyuhyun smirked.

"Shut up Cho," Jongwoon's palm met Kyuhyun's head, earning a whine from the younger. "This is so frustrating..."

"What are you feeling?" Hyukjae asked curiously. "Like, what's going on up in your head?"

"Really Hyukjae, you really want me to tell you?" Jongwoon looked at the blonde incredulously. "Last time I showed you and you and Kyuhyun were holding your heads for hours, and had major headaches for days.

"Yeah... How do you cope with that...?" Kyuhyun agreed, wincing at the memory. "I can't believe that all goes on in your head... It damaged my brain."

"Well, imagine having that ten times worse," Jongwoon sighed, standing up. "That's how I feel now... I think the worse of the flashbacks is gone... The gaps in my memory aren't as huge..."

"That's good," Hyukjae grinned, walking out of the room. "We have to do something today, no more pacing okay? I swear you're going to make a hole in the carpet soon..."

---

That night, Jongwoon lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling while attempting to get to sleep, not that it was working or anything. He looked to his cell phone on his bedside table; maybe Kyuhyun was right, maybe his father did know something...

Giving in, he picked up his phone and unlocked it, scanning through the contacts before clicking one. The sound of the phone ringing reached his ears.

"Hello?"

"Dad...?"

"Ah! Jongwoon! Nice to hear from you boy, what's been going on?" Jongwoon's father exclaimed through the phone. "We haven't heard from you in a while! Jongjin was starting to believe you had just forgotten him!" 

"I could never forget Jin," Jongwoon whispered. "..."

"So, what do you want to talk about?" His father asked curiously. "You never call me on a whim unless something happens."

"I... My powers..." Jongwoon sighed sadly. "Dad, something wrong..."

"Oh, really? What is it?"

"Well, I've been having flashbacks," Jongwoon continued slowly. "And I keep on being able to feel stuff, like my heart beats really fast..."

"Really? What happened?" His father questioned. 

"I got drunk and got a hangover," Jongwoon said shamefully. "And then I started having flashbacks... And I started remembering what happened, and this guy was there, and I went home with him... And... Um... Y'know..."

"Ah, that's okay..." Jongwoon's father laughed. "Well, I can only guess that you're not feeling emotions from inside the flashback, but what you're feeling while you're experiencing it..."

"That's what Hyukjae said."

"And I believe Hyukjae is totally right."

"Yes but..." Jongwoon groaned out in frustration. "What is it? And why?"

"Well, if you had or something it's about time..." His father muttered. "And have you ever considered you could have romantic feelings for this person?"

"Dad, that's impossible," Jongwoon countered, rolling on to his back. "I haven't even met him properly.”

"Yes you have, you just don't remember, yet..." his father corrected. "And it's not entirely impossible. You believe in love at first sight, no?"

"... Kinda, I guess..."

"Hyukjae fell head over heels for Donghae in a couple of days of looking at him."

"... I know..."

"Same as Kyuhyun with Sungmin."

"Okay! I get the point," Jongwoon sighed. 

"Look, Jongwoon, I can't help you much with this... It's something personal, and personal stuff is the stuff that only you can figure out..."

"... You're right..." Jongwoon lowered his head in defeat. "Thanks Dad, though..."

"No problem kid, love you."

"I love you too Dad."

---

It had been a total of a month and ten days since the incident, and Jongwoon still felt like there was a part missing. His memory felt empty, yet he hadn't had a flashback in over three weeks. This scared him, what's if he never remembered that part? Yet again, he had said that previously, and he had eventually remembered parts of his missing memory. He hadn't told Kyuhyun or Hyukjae about this 'missing' piece of his memory; it would just lead to another pacing session... Not that he hadn't been pacing in his room.

He sat cross-legged on black tiles, hands in lap and eyes staring up at the night sky. Cool night air swirled around him, turning his breath into vapour right before his eyes. 

"Jongwoon? Are you on the roof again?" Kyuhyun's voice called up from the front door, Jongwoon watched as Kyuhyun walked on to the field, looking up at the roof. "Aw man, you are... Can you get me up there!?"

Jongwoon's eyes glowed as he flicked a finger up, Kyuhyun's form floating above the roof before landing next to him. 

"What's up bro?" Kyuhyun smiled at him. "You have all your memory back now, you should be able to... Um, put it all together now, right?"

"There's something I didn't tell you guys," Jongwoon looked at Kyuhyun seriously. "I-"

"Guys, I have dinner!" Hyukjae yelled from the house. "Do you want to have dinner on the roof again?"

"Bring a couple of blankets!" Kyuhyun shouted back.

"At this rate we're going to awake the whole neighbourhood," Jongwoon chuckled as Hyukjae emerged from the house with a bundle of blankets and looked up at them. 

"Catch!" Hyukjae chucked the blankets up in the air before rushing off. 

Jongwoon used both hands to catch the blankets in mid-air, telekinetically guiding them up to the rooftop, handing Kyuhyun one, who wrapped himself up in it. 

"What did you cook?" Kyuhyun asked the blonde as Jongwoon lifted him up and sat him beside him. "Y'know, I'm surprised you can cook."

"I can cook... Jongwoon can cook too," Hyukjae frowned, handing the youngest a bowl of curry and rice. "You just can't."

"... Shut up..." Kyuhyun muttered, digging into his food. "Not bad monkey brain."

"... Thank you Hyukjae," Jongwoon nodded as Hyukjae handed him another bowl. He cautiously ate a spoonful.

It was nice, kind of rich, but nice.

"So, what's up?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Anyway, as I was saying," Jongwoon sighed exasperatedly. "There may be a lie to what I said..."

"So there's a part of your memory still missing...?" Hyukjae hummed questionably. "Eh, not surprising, I mean, you seemed a bit off..."

"Well?" Kyuhyun looked at the eldest, eating his food slowly. "What part is missing?"

"..." Jongwoon blushed and looked away. 

"Ohhh...!" Kyuhyun smirked, nudging the psychic. "Is it that part your missing? Why you worrying? That your favourite part or something?"

"Of course not you ert," Jongwoon whacked his head, earning a snigger from Hyukjae. "I just think it would be reasonable to remember when I lost my ity."

"Y'know, I will actually probably never come to terms with the fact you only lost your ity at twenty-eight... I lost mine at like, twenty..." Hyukjae said through a mouthful of rice. "But you haven't had a flashback since that really bad one..." 

"I know, but I'm not giving up..." Jongwoon looked up to the sky. "Remember what you guys said last time?"

"... True..." Kyuhyun nodded in agreement. "We were right Jongwoon."

This earned a glare from the psychic. "Shut up Cho, I was panicki-Ah! !"

Jongwoon managed to put his bowl down carefully enough on the sloped surface before clasping at his head, eyes glowing and vision blurring into different surroundings. The voices of Kyuhyun and Hyukjae fazed out of his ears as he started to remember what happened. It almost felt like he was actually there, everything felt so real, the carpet under his feet, the white walls, and definitely the warm body in his arms. 

---

"Yo! Jongwoon! You back!?" Kyuhyun yelled, waving a hand in front of his face. 

His vision returned to the normal world, where Hyukjae and Kyuhyun were staring at him intently. He shook his head, clearing his blurred vision.

"How long have I been like that?" He asked curiously.

"I dunno, ten minutes?" Kyuhyun shrugged nonchalantly. "Soo... How was it?"

"How was what?"

"?"

"... Eh... I dunno, fine?" Kyuhyun face palmed at the answer. 

"That's it?" Kyuhyun said incredulously.

"Yes, I guess..." Jongwoon replied blankly.

"Anyway," Hyukjae interrupted. "Back to the situation at hand, you should have all your memories back now, correct?"

"Yes."

"Well then, put them back together," Hyukjae answered. "Just remember each part and put them in an order that makes sense and you should be fine... I'm gonna make hot chocolate, you want some?"

"Yeah." Jongwoon sighed, getting the blonde head down. "Be careful."

"So..." Kyuhyun said awkwardly as Hyukjae ran into the house.

"Okay, sure, that solves the bulk of the problem, I had no memory of that day," Jongwoon pouted. "But then what?"

"Well... What do you think...?" Kyuhyun asked him.

"I don't know... But I'm really freaked out..." Jongwoon said shakily. "I can't describe it but... I just can't... I'm scared... My heart beats really fast whenever I see him, even if it's just in my memory... I don't know if it's even possible but... I think I'm in love with someone I don't even know..." 

"... Hyung..." Kyuhyun murmured, placing a hand on his shoulder. "What will you do?"

"I don't know," Jongwoon admitted sadly. "Maybe I could tell him, but that's a bit weird... So I guess I could try forget..."

"... If you wanted..." Kyuhyun said slowly. "I could get you in contact with him..."

"What?! How?!" Jongwoon exclaimed with shock.

"Well, I have heard that name before... And it had been bothering me for a while..." Kyuhyun sighed with a shrug. "So I asked Sungmin about it and he said that Ryeowook was his best friend, I've meet him, he's pretty nice but..."

"But?"

"He kind of hates you."

"... Well, that's not unexpected..." Jongwoon reasoned. "I'm not surprised... I guess he was expecting me there when he awoke... But Kyuhyun, god... It was terrifying, waking up somewhere unknown... I hated it... And I hate myself for hurting Ryeowook..."

"Go apologise then," Hyukjae called up, three mugs on a tray in his grasp. "C'mon Jongwoon, that's what you're best at!"

Jongwoon lifted Hyukjae up and the blonde head continued.

"You said you love him right?" Hyukjae asked. "Then apologise, and start again, maybe then you could have a chance."

"Hyukjae, that seems very hard," Jongwoon frowned. "It's awkward, isn't it?"

"... Of course..." Kyuhyun butted in. "It's never easy facing the truth, and believe me, I know... Sadly... But it's the best to apologise... I could take you to him tomorrow?" 

"... I don't know..." Jongwoon sighed. "I don't think he'd want to see me again..."

"... Well, whatever he wants," Hyukjae shrugged, handing him a mug. "You should apologise, then the guilt is gone and you never have to see him again, if you want."

Jongwoon contemplated this for a bit, he guessed it was, he knew it was best to apologise...

"Okay... I will..."

---

Jongwoon awoke the next day with a thumping heart, he felt anxious, scared even. He lay awake for a while, staring at the white ceiling with blank eyes.

"Yah! Hyung wake up!" Kyuhyun came barging into his room. "We're gonna be late! Oh... Well what the hell are you doing?"

"... I'm nervous Kyuhyun..." He sighed, still gazing into the white paint on the ceiling.

"Well... That's okay," Kyuhyun shrugged, walking over to the side of the bed. "I mean, with anything like this... You're gonna be scared."

"Kyuhyun that's not the point," Jongwoon groaned out. "What's if I muck up?"

"You're Jongwoon, you're always gonna muck up one way or another," Kyuhyun snickered. "But has that ever stopped you from doing... Whatever you do? Nah, it never has, and I'm pretty sure it almost certainly never will."

"... I don't know Kyuhyun..." Jongwoon murmured.

"Just get up," Kyuhyun sighed, rolling his body over. "Look, Jongwoon I know you're scared but, if you really want something to help, you'll be okay."

"What's if I muck up?"

"... You already asked this..." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "But just... Jongwoon, there are just some things you can't muck up on, and one of those special things is confessing your love... If you mean it, then you can't possibly go wrong."

 "... I hate how you're right."

"You love me." 

"Ahem," Sungmin's voice came from the doorway. "Hello boys."

"Hey," Kyuhyun walked over to his boyfriend, wrapping an arm around him. "What's happening?"

"We're meeting Ryeowook at a nearby cafe," Sungmin shrugged. "In about... Fifteen minutes."

"What?!" Jongwoon jolted upright from his bed. "I only have fifteen minutes?!"

"... To do what? Your hair?" Sungmin raised an eyebrow as Jongwoon picked and outfit from a nearby pile of clothing. 

"Actually, Jongwoon is just really slow in the mornings," Kyuhyun butted in. "But whatever."

"It's almost twelve."

"Shut up." Jongwoon muttered as he brushed past the couple. "I'll be done in five."

---

True to his word, Jongwoon emerged from the bathroom completely ready to go exactly five minutes after he'd entered, hair fluffed up and perfectly dressed. 

"Wow." Hyukjae and Donghae blinked in unison. 

"How does he do that?" Sungmin asked Kyuhyun.

"He just had really good timing skills I guess," the youngest shrugged. "I dunno... He's weird..."

"... I am actually not sure if I should take that as an insult or a compliment."

"... Insult." Kyuhyun replied bluntly. "Now c'mon, it's a five minute walk from here."

Most of the walk, there wasn't much talk, just small chatters from Kyuhyun and Sungmin, and the occasionally 'ow' from Jongwoon whenever he magically managed to trip and stumble over thin air. Jongwoon didn't really realise he was thinking aloud until he got an alert from Kyuhyun.

"Hyung, I bet I could hear you thinking from twelve blocks away," Kyuhyun's blunt voice butted into his extremely long train of thought. "Just calm down!"

"Well, sorry but I haven't really been through an experience like this, it's really terrifying to not be able to remember something over the span of a month seeming I can remember anything in my prior knowledge banks almost immediately, I mean-"

"Yeah yeah hyung, I get it," Kyuhyun's voice sounded exasperated. "I know you're not used to this kind of lifestyle, but seriously, calm down, it will do you a world of good. I can feel your conscious quivering and it's making me walk funny."

"I'm scared." Jongwoon murmured aloud, mainly to himself, but he was pretty sure Donghae overheard. 

"It's okay hyung, everything will be fine," Donghae patted his back. "Ryeowook is a really nice guy once you get past his grudges!"

"... I don't quite know how to feel to that..." Jongwoon blinked. "He sounds scary."

"He is." 

Jongwoon jumped at the new voice, hiding behind Kyuhyun with an un-Jongwoon-like squeak, making the youngest roll his eyes. The psychic peered over Kyuhyun's shoulder to find no one in front of them; he frowned, and stepped out, looking around cautiously. He walked forwards before spinning around. 

"Um, is he okay?" 

"Yeah, he's fine," Kyuhyun stood forwards, towards a short man with bright orange hair, Ryeowook, he hugged him shortly before pulling back and moving away to reveal Jongwoon.

Or, so he thought. 

Jongwoon was nowhere in sight, in fact, he seemed to have disappeared completely.

Jongwoon himself peered out from his hiding place down at the others, quivering with fear and adrenaline pulsing through his veins. Even though it was morning, the sun was beating down mercilessly on his back, the black fabric of his jacket and the colour of his hair absorbing the heat with no trouble. It was annoying. 

But it was tolerable.

"Guys... Where'd he go?" Kyuhyun asked with a quizzical expression. 

Hyukjae looked beside him and raised an eyebrow, he pointed forwards, and upwards, towards the awning of the building.

"He's on the awning...?" Ryeowook looked towards the roof. "Where..?"

"No," Hyukjae stated blankly. "On the umbrellas."

"The umbrellas?" Ryeowook asked incredulously. "Um... Why?"

"Er, we'll explain later." Sungmin grinned sheepishly dragging Ryeowook along. "C'mon, let's go find him."

Jongwoon's eyes widened in alarm as the group approached the clusters of tables with faded red and white striped umbrellas. He was on the front one, so he turned and jumped to the next, gripping to it tightly. The group scattered, spreading out through the long stretch of umbrella-sheltered tables. He jumped to another with almost cat-like grace, making a trail away from the others. 

He kind of wished he hadn't worn black now.

Oh, what a scene they must've caused. This game continued for a while, Jongwoon managing to keep them away from him. He jumped to another, but the attempt failed as the umbrella was jerked sharply out of his reach and he went plummeting towards the ground with a yell. He landed on the concrete with a loud thud, and he sometimes really hated keeping his secret around others. He groaned in pain, rolling on the ground, shaking his head and shielding his eyes from the harsh sunlight that poured through the gaps of the umbrellas.

"Someone doesn't want to talk, do they?" Jongwoon squinted, looking up at the silhouette that smirked down at him. "Hello Jongwoon, nice to see you, again."

The voice was soft, yet cold, a unsettling gaze was set upon him as well. He knelt down beside him. Bright orange hair framed his face, deep brown eyes stared into his own, he had incredibly high cheekbones, small but plump lips and an angular face, just like he remembered.

He was nothing short of stunning.

"Hi..." Jongwoon managed to choke out. "Nice to see you, again, too."

Ryeowook smiled down at him, holding out a hand. Jongwoon accepted it, letting the younger help him up. They shook hands like that too, Jongwoon initiated it, mainly because he thought that it would be useless just to release their hands to have them put back together again.

"C'mon, I'll get you a drink," Ryeowook released his hand and walked towards the front entrance. "We'll talk."

---

Soon after, they were seated in a small booth, sipping some type of juice that Ryeowook had ordered. The younger sat down in front of him, giving him a quizzical look.

He looked very different, Jongwoon noted, features softer due to having no makeup on to define his eyes. His orange hair swept across his forehead just brushing his eyebrows. Although his cheek bones were still remarkably high and eyes still a beautiful hazelnut brown.

"Um..." Jongwoon cleared his throat. "Where did the others go...?"

"Left," Ryeowook stated simply. "Said something about a double date."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

They sat in awkward silence for a while longer, both kind of staring at each other. Jongwoon hated silence sometimes. Usually, he thought it was bliss, but at the moment, it just annoyed him.

"So... How'd you find me...?" Ryeowook inquired cautiously.

"Kyuhyun. Sungmin's boyfriend," Jongwoon coughed. "Sungmin's your best friend, yes? That's how."

"... Ah... Yeah..." Ryeowook mumbled, staring out the window at the bustling streets. "Small world..."

"Indeed..."

More silence filled the gaps where words would have filled, if there were any to be spoken, which Jongwoon knew, were. He really did need to apologise because what he did was just stupid and selfish and idiotic and dumb. He fidgeted in his seat, looking at the swirling ice cubes that spun in circles in his glass, swimming among pink liquid.

Ryeowook looked grudgingly angry at him. Jongwoon guessed that disappearing after a one night stand was a bit selfish. Usually you'd probably have some agreement so you never see each other again? So he guessed Ryeowook had every right to be angry.

"Um... How have you been...?" Jongwoon asked quietly.

"Fine," Ryeowook said rather stiffly. "You?"

"I could've been better if I had to be honest," Jongwoon murmured looking at the polished surface of the table. "I..."

He trailed off, not sure how to continue. So he decided to use his gut, simply turning off his mind and letting whatever words spew out of his mouth.

"Look I'm sorry!" Jongwoon suddenly exclaimed through the atmosphere of silence, making Ryeowook jump. "I didn't mean to leave you all alone that morning! I was just scared and panicked and stressed because I was a and I was just terrified because I've never been through any experience like that! I didn't mean to hurt you, I just was panicked and I had a headache and I’ve never been drunk before! And I know that seems to be really selfish and mean and not really thoughtful and stupid and a and plain dumb but I was just scared! And you ca-"

Ryeowook held up a hand, raised eyebrow slowly lowering as Jongwoon's words trailed off into incoherent words. His eyes were wide with shock of the sudden exclamation, but his gaze seemed to have softened. 

"You... Were a ...?" Ryeowook asked incredulously. "Really?"

"Yes," Jongwoon looked down at the table, ashamed. "I know it's hard to believe but it's the truth!"

"I believe you, don't worry," Ryeowook sighed. "But then how did you end up drunk?"

"I can't take alcohol, I don't know why, but I'm like the lightest lightweight around," Jongwoon explained briefly. "Kyuhyun and Hyukjae dragged me to the bar and got me what I assumed was juice, it turned out to be alcohol, got drunk, met you."

"Okay..." Ryeowook leant back in his seat. "So let me guess, that was the first time you ever had a hangover, yeah?"

"Yes... And personally, I didn't really like it," Jongwoon hid his head in his arms. "Shameful isn't it? But I swear I'm-"

"Telling the truth, I get it," Ryeowook stated calmly. "I believe you. But I've still got some questions."

"Sure, fire away." Jongwoon sipped his drink nervously.

"How come you were a at the age of, what? Twenty-eight? I mean, surely you must've been in a relationship before."

"No," Jongwoon blushed. "I haven't, and I dunno, I just don't think the idea interested me."

"... Why...?" 

"I dunno. I guess I just didn't really meet anyone who I seemed to have a ual attraction to," Jongwoon looked up. "Y'know, I didn't really want to have one until I kind of 'sensed' that it was right to..."

"... Are you aual?" Ryeowook raised an eyebrow. 

"... No..." Jongwoon blinked confusedly. "I just don't... Love easily I guess."

"I see," Ryeowook hummed, standing up. "Well, I accept your apology, I suppose. Thank you. I guess I should go. It was nice to meet you Jongwoon-shii, properly, I guess."

Jongwoon nodded as Ryeowook started walking away, watching the slighter figure manoeuvre through the maze of tables and chairs and exit the building. He frowned, and suddenly got up, chasing after the younger.

"Ryeowook! Wait!" Jongwoon yelled, pushing through the crowd. 

He wasn't that far away, Jongwoon could see his bright orange hair visible among the crowd, even though he was a little short. The said man jumped at the call of his name, but turned around anyway. Seeing Jongwoon, he blinked in confusion. 

"Jongwoon-shii?" Ryeowook furrowed his brow. "What is it?"

Jongwoon dragged him out of the busy pavement and back to the cafe with a sheepish smile. 

"Look, I know you might hold a grudge against me but... I dunno, could you please here me out?"

"Sure...?" Ryeowook frowned placing a hand on his hip. "What is it?"

"I... I know you might hate me but... Look, I'm not what you think I am..." Jongwoon sighed scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I... I... W-Would you l-like to o-out one t-time? Y-Y'know... Together?"

Ryeowook's brow furrowed and he looked up at Jongwoon with an almost unreadable expression. His eyes blinked slowly and he looked side to side awkwardly.

"Um..."

"I admit, I am a bit of a sociopath..." Jongwoon scrunched up his face. "But I can try..."

"One condition." Ryeowook held up a finger.

"Yes?"

"Why were you so scared when you left me?"

Jongwoon's eyes widened. Well, he should've seen this coming really, it was probably one of the many questions buzzing about in his head (yes, he'd scanned through them all). He contemplated, well, he could tell Ryeowook with the secret of him having powers, and if he seemed unreliable, or was freaked out, he could always erase his memories.

"... I don't know if you'd believe me but-"

"Try me."

"... I..." Jongwoon trailed off. "Y'know what, I'll show you."

---

Jongwoon pulled Ryeowook away, out the cafe and towards his shared house. The other didn't protest, but his face contorted with confusion and shock. He blinked as Jongwoon fumbled with his keys, quickly unlocking the house and entering, letting Ryeowook enter after before closing the door. 

"Nice place you have here," Ryeowook hummed looking around the interior. "So what is it that makes you apparently sociopathic?"

Jongwoon stood in the middle of the room, looking up at Ryeowook with a serious expression. 

"Please don't freak out, promise?"

"I won't freak ou-"

"Promise?" The second time he said it, the word was more a demand that a question.

"I promise."

"Good." Jongwoon nodded closing his eyes. 

He concentrated on making the objects around the room float. And ever so slowly, one by one, objects began to lift off the surface they were positioned on and began to move around the room. Smallest objects to largest, Ryeowook watched in awe as many different items flew by him, a glowing purple aura surrounding them all. He squeaked as he was suddenly swept off the ground, and a gravitational pull dragged him towards Jongwoon.

Jongwoon's eyes opened, glowing a deep violet. Ryeowook blinked in amazement. All the other items around them were just hovering in the air, surrounding them as if everything was falling and time had stopped. They were only a few inches apart, so Ryeowook could see him quite close up. Jongwoon looked mystifyingly beautiful, almond shaped eyes shaded a royal purple and pitch black hair that just brushed his eyes. 

"I'm not normal," Jongwoon murmured to him, looking straight in his eyes. "I was scared because I thought you'd freak out... Are you scared...?"

"... No..." Ryeowook breathed out softly, even though he was floating off the ground. 

It was strange, Ryeowook thought, being in the air, it almost felt like he was weightless. 

"How..." Ryeowook asked almost inaudibly. "How are you doing this...?"

"I have psychic abilities," Jongwoon smiled sheepishly as he let Ryeowook down. "My grandfather was a scientist who was a part of an extremely confidential scientific experiment. Something happened and while everyone seemed fine, some unknown... I dunno, thing, entered his DNA, and became a part of him. It didn't harm him, but gave him these abilities, which have been passed through the family."

"Wow... That's incredible..." Ryeowook exclaimed. "I can see why you'd be scared, especially with a topic such as that... So you don't like trusting people because of this. You're scared they'll hurt you..."

"Yeah."

"Then why tell me?"

Jongwoon looked around, letting all the other floating objects slowly lower back into place before he began to talk again. 

"You deserved to know," Jongwoon sighed walking over to a couch and sitting down, gesturing for Ryeowook to join him. "I can't decline a question that you should know the answer to."

"What's if I go tell someone?" Ryeowook inquired carefully, sitting next to him on the couch.

"I know you won't."

"How?"

"I can read your mind Ryeowook-ah, you won't. Unless you want your memory erased."

"Okay, we'll go catch dinner tonight then." Ryeowook looked up at him. 

Jongwoon blushed, looked away, and then looked back at Ryeowook with a happy expression.

"Okay," Jongwoon smiled with a nod. "Okay, we will... Uh... Phone number?"

Jongwoon held up his mobile phone, which Ryeowook took and swiftly made a new contact. He handed Jongwoon his phone, in which the latter did the same, handing the phone back. 

"Thanks," Jongwoon hummed softly. "And uh..."

Ryeowook looked up at him with a quizzical face.

"I-I think I-I love you..." Jongwoon murmured almost silently. 

Ryeowook grinned at his shyness; he really wasn't used to this was he? He stood up, lifting Jongwoon's chin up with a tip of his finger; he leant down and pressed a soft kiss against his lips.

Jongwoon's face heated up immediately, and his heart beat sped up rapidly. Ryeowook's lips were soft against his own, and his fringe brushed his forehead. Jongwoon could definitely say that he'd never felt like this before, but the feeling wasn't unwelcome. He looked up at Ryeowook dazed when the latter pulled away.

"I think I love you too, Jongwoon," Ryeowook smiled down at him fondly, he walked towards the door. "I'll text you, okay?" 

"Yeah, okay..."

And with that, Ryeowook was out the door. Jongwoon laughed happily, sprawling his entire height along the length of the couch with an accomplished sigh. He'd done it. 

And while he couldn't say it was one of the best ways to start a relationship, he'd say it probably worked for them.

---

...

What did I just write??? 

Um... I was inspired to write this because of the dog 'Drive By' by Train. I don't know how Jongwoon having powers came into it though; I guess I just thought it added a bit of weirdness into it. Or I just love superpowers. (Probably the latter)

Well, anyway, this is a Oneshot for Miss Panda's writing and graphic contest! So yeah...

I might make a sequel that tells the story from Ryeowook's point of view, if you guys want. 

See you ^^