Eins

Corrupting Miss President

Ever since its establishment, Yonsei Academy has been home to the children of Korea's elites, nurturing them to become the hope and future of the nation. From the moment they enter the academy as a preschooler until the moment they graduate as a senior, the students are trained to do everything from running a company to running the country. 

 

 

Although all of their students are notable, there is one who stands out from all the rest.

 

 

That is none other than Park Chaeri—the pride and joy of Yonsei.

 

 

<><><>

 

 

The varsity volleyball team was in the gym for a practice for their first scrimmage of the season.

 

 

 

Chaeri was in a squat position with her arms pointed out in front of her, elbows locked, hands cupped together, one on top of the other. The ball was served right at her using immense power with an aim for a service ace. She lowered her position as her teammate yelled, "Nice receive!"

 

 

With a solid receive from her, the ball flew up into the air, was set, and then spiked to the other side.

 

 

Coach Kang blew the whistle twice, indicating the end of the practice match. "Huddle up, team!"

 

 

Heavily panting, the girls jogged over to him and formed a circle.

 

 

"Nice last play out there, girls. Now, I want to see you guys play exactly like that against the Tigers this week, got it?"

 

 

"Yes, sir!" they replied in unison.

 

 

"Remember, solid receives and higher sets, okay? I have high expectations for you all," said the coach as he looked every member in the eye.

 

 

Everyone put their hands in the center of the circle, chanting, "Eagles, eagles, eagles!"

 

 

"Break!" the coach yelled as they broke the circle and scattered off to gather their belongings.

 

 

President Park smoothed back her fly-away hairs while swinging her sports bag over her shoulders, complimenting her teammates while also receiving compliments as they passed by her to leave first.

 

 

She looked up at the entrance of the gym with a smile on her face upon noticing the person standing by the door. She jogged over, kissing the boy on the cheeks in greeting.

 

 

He grabbed her bag from her as they walked. "How was practice?" he asked.

 

 

"It went great; how was archery practice?" she responded.

 

 

He rolled his eyes. "It was terrible, with a capital T. I'm honestly only doing it for the credentials, because let's be real, I'm a hopeless cause for any other sport."

 

 

Chaeri's laugh tinkled in the autumn air while she nodded in agreement. "Unfortunately, I can't argue with you on that one, Lee Chanhee. Hey, at least you're somewhat decent at field polo."

 

 

"Tsk," he playfully side-eyed. 

 

 

"What," she shrugged, "you said it yourself."

 

 

Chunji shook his head as he threw his free arm over her shoulder. "So, dinner at the dining hall or should we order pizza to the council room again?"

 

 

"How about we not bend any rules today and be regular students by eating in the dining hall?" she suggested with a hopeful smile.

 

 

"Oh, please," he scoffed with a chuckle, "since when were we ever regular students?"

 

 

Chunji's point was made the moment they stepped into the dining hall.

 

 

It was spacious, which was a given in regards to the large student population of the school. However, that was not all. Occupying the dining hall with the students were personal caretakers who attended to their employer's every need.

 

 

The sheer wealth of the students was what separated Yonsei from other schools.

 

 

"So," started Chunji as he pulled her closer to him, "what will it be today, princess? A frittata? Chicken scampi? Empanadas? Shumai?"

 

 

Chaeri rolled her eyes, pushing herself away from him. "Why do you even bother asking? I'll get it myself."

 

 

She left him to order her food from the professional chefs before making her way to their usual table in the middle of the hall where Chunji already sat waiting.

 

 

"Let me guess, grilled chicken salad again?" Chunji guessed.

 

 

"Let me guess, beef tacos again?" she mocked.

 

 

They both were spot on once again when they brought their orders back to the table.

 

 

"Ew, is that kale?" he commented.

 

 

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, as if your diarrhea-in-a-corn-tortilla-shell is any better."

 

 

"Ouch, a little touchy today, aren't we?" 

 

 

And that was exactly how the president and vice-president of the student council conversed with each other.

 

 

"Have you heard?" Chunji asked all of a sudden.

 

 

"About what?" Chaeri asked in a disinterested tone as she poked at her salad.

 

 

"My cousin is coming back."

 

 

This caused her to look up at him with slight interest. "You mean Byunghun? The one who pushed me into the lake during an Easter egg hunt in primary?" 

 

 

He chuckled as he brought up a cup of water to his lips. "Precisely him."

 

 

<><><>

 

 

The seniors were all gathered together in the main lecture hall for trip details regarding the annual mock business convention that serves as a unit test for their business management class. The headmaster was late and nowhere to be seen so the students were scattered around socializing in small groups.

 

 

"President Park," a classmate called out, "is it true that we're collaborating with Kaisei Academy for the convention?"

 

 

All the girls in the room became silent when they heard that, and then, they started to squeal in excitement.

 

 

Chaeri kept a straight face. "I'm not allowed to discuss any details without the headmaster's permission," she stated.

 

 

Her classmates whined. "Oh, come on, Prez! Does it really matter?"

 

 

"It would constitute—"

 

 

Before she could finish, the double doors to the lecture hall burst open. 

 

 

Everyone's head turned to the door expecting the headmaster to be there because he did enjoy his grand entrances.

 

 

However, the person at the entrance was not the headmaster, but rather another student—a new student.

 

 

Chunji let out a heavy sigh as he rolled his eyes. "Lee Byunghun," he acknowledged as murmurs started to erupt in the lecture hall.

 

 

The new arrival swaggered his way over to his cousin, greeting him with their special handshake. "Long time no see, Lee Chanhee." 

 

 

Chaeri assessed the new kid until her eyes widened as they fixated on his tie. 

 

 

Every upperclassman in the school is assigned a certain tie color based on his or her's rank, which is determined by their performance in many aspects. 

 

 

Rank A → Black with White Stripes
Rank B → Blue
Rank C → Red
Rank D → Yellow
Rank F → Black

 

 

The ranking system for the upperclassmen is used to aid universities in the process of admission. Also, there are certain perks that come along with being a higher rank, the most important one being housing. The higher your rank, the better your dormitory is.

 

 

The thing is, there are only two students throughout the whole entire school that are Rank A. Due to the difficulty of being upgraded to Rank A, the A's are treated like royalty. The average number of Rank A's is usually only one, in which that person is the top student. However, the two Rank A's are both so extremely notable that it's a given there had to be two. As one might have guessed, they're none other than Park Chaeri and Lee Chanhee. 

 

 

The reason why Chaeri was so startled by the new kid's tie was because it was identical to hers: a black tie with thin, white stripes. 

 

 

"No way," she whispered in disbelief.

 

 

All of a sudden, he turned away from his cousin and approached her.

 

 

"Hey, pretty lady. People call me Byunghun or L.Joe, but you can call me tonight," he flirted with a wink.

 

 

Chaeri internally scoffed and was extremely flabbergasted. She wasn't one to usually judge, but this boy was not the type of person she would deem suitable to be a Rank A—and how was it even possible?

 

 

His hair was dyed a daring bright shade of blonde that wasn't styled neatly, he had multiple ear piercings, his uniform was messily worn with a few buttons ed, she swore she could see a small tattoo on his collarbone peeking out, and he was wearing Nike sneakers with the prestigious uniform. In her book, all of that were clear signs that he was not good news. 

 

 

Chunji came to her rescue from behind, hitting L.Joe's head with the back of his hand. "She's off-limits, Byunghun," he warned. 

 

 

L.Joe rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms across his chest. "And why is that? You know that I always get what I want."

 

 

"That's because I'm the student body president," Chaeri retorted.

 

 

L.Joe looked at her in amusement and smirked. "Are you challenging me?"

 

 

She did not back down and instead took a step closer towards him. "Just because you're new and unaware of the rules around here does not mean that you'll be let off the hook." 

 

 

"Try me," he provoked.

 

 

Chaeri narrowed her eyes at him while trying to maintain her composure as she felt her blood pressure rising. 

 

 

Before the situation could escalate any further, the headmaster and the homeroom teachers finally started to file into the room, interrupting their little spat.

 

 

She wanted to have the last say in the quarrel, but Chunji dragged her away to their original seats before she could even open . 

 

 

"This isn't over," she told Chunji with an aggravated huff of air. 

 

 

All her best friend could do was shake his head at the rare appearance of her immaturity.

 

 

Park Chaeri had never before met anyone that pushed her buttons like he did. There was just something about the new kid, but one thing was for sure: he was different from anyone she had ever crossed paths with before.

 

 

L.Joe was different, and he had just declared war against Park Chaeri, the student body president of Yonsei Academy.

 

 

«»«»«»

Author's Note

Hey guys!
I don't know if any of you remember this story at all, but I'm back!
I hope you guys like the new direction I'll be directing this story in.

Thanks for sticking around!

Love,
Minnie