Chapter 1

One Heart

It was full moon night. The round, white moon hung in the dark stretch of sky above. Its pale light fell onto a large patch of trees below. The trees ringed a grass clearing, and in the middle of the clearing stood two wolves, one reddish brown and one black ,nose to nose.

Amber eyes fixed on amber eyes, the two wolves stared at each other with a deadly intensity. Tension crackled in the air between them. Both of them were still like stone and stood unmoving, as if daring the other to move first. The very air was still; there was no wind blowing, the grass and the trees held their breath as the battle of the wills continued.

Time passed and slowly dawn started breaking through the night but still the two wolves held out in their positions, neither of them moving an inch. The russet wolf was trembling slightly,from frustration and from exhaustion. The black furred wolf was composed and still, although he was already at his limits. They had been there since the dusk of last night. Blood stained the grass where they had fought previously and where they had stood till dawnbreak. Neither of them looked as if they would back down. How could they, when their prides were on the line?

Just when the pink tinges of dawn threathened to overwhelm the sky completely, the reddish brown wolf bared his teeth, growled and slowly backed away from the other wolf. The black wolf snarled in reply but remained still, watching as the other wolf slowly and steadily backed away to the trees. Before it disappeared into the trees, it gave the black wolf a look that said, 'Between you and me, this is not over yet' , and disappeared into the trees. The black wolf growled slightly and pawed the ground before limping away on the opposite direction. 

Above them, the black night sky disappears under the blue-pink sky.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omo~ I finally updated T.T I'm sorry for the long wait everyone and *sniffs* thanks for waiting! :))