My new job

The Babysitter

Need someone to take care of your child?

Here I am!

My name is Taemin, and I would like to babysit your little baby!

I provide attention, playing and cooking, at my or your house.

I am available every afternoon and evening of the week.

Please call me! 

 

Taemin smiles and sticks the note to the street lantern. His plan will work out perfectly. He will play with some babies some afternoons and earn his own money, and when he thinks of all the awesome stuff he can buy then, it seems more than worth the clamor and time waste.

Taemin steps back and looks at his work. He nods. This will be a big success. Everyone will be amazed at his skills! He knows that children like to play with him because he is like-minded, still a bit childish just like them. So he is the perfect choice for Eommas who are super stressed and need help desperately! Taemin included a photo of him on the note on purpose, so that everybody would see his cutie face.

Taemin grins and gets back on his bike. He has some more notes to stick somewhere.

 

When Taemin arrives at home it’s late, but not dark outside yet. Still he knows Key Eomma will be angry with him as he promised to study today. Trying to convince his Eomma with a good mood he opens the front door and shouts: “I’m home! How are you, Eomma?”

There’s no answer and he also doesn’t smell any food as usual. Taemin closes the door and walks into the kitchen. Nobody is there. Then Taemin looks at the whiteboard that Key hung up in the kitchen to write down things that were needed for cooking, and he finds his Eommas message:

 

Since you’re not home yet, we will leave as well. Appa and I are going to go to the cinema tonight. If you want food, cook something, if you order pizza or something like that I will kill you.

Eomma.

 

Taemin pouts. Stupid, he thinks. Now he has to make food, but his cooking is not really good, even cutting fruit is hard for him. But he really is hungry, so he will have to cook some instant Ramyeon. That’s not the worst to eat though, so he starts boiling the water.

After dinner he checks his phone for missed calls; Taemins phone is mostly on vibrate mode because phones are prohibited in school and when it rings, a teacher will collect it and bring it to the principal who will keep it for a whole week. Luckily that had never happened to Taemin, but most of his friends know about the big gap their phone leaves in their hearts when kept by their principal.

Now Taemin looks at his own phone with anticipation, but the only thing he got was a message from a girl who apparently is from his school, though he has never seen her before. He doesn’t know where she got his number from and the only reason she messaged him was to flirt with him-something that Taemin doesn’t like at all. Not flirting, of course, but when girls don’t have anything else in their head. And this girl doesn’t even know him! But he smiles when he thinks that he must be really handsome if the girl fell only for his looks.

He turns his phone on stand-by and goes to take a shower. It was only two hours ago he hung up the last note, so he can’t expect thousands of calls already, he reminds himself to stop him from feeling sad. Still he takes the phone with him to the bathroom, just in case.

Turns out, he was clever doing that. Right in the middle of showering, Taemin hears his phone ring through the noise of the water. He jumps out of the shower and grabs the phone. The number is unknown. Is it really an Eomma calling him? Will he be an employee now? He presses the green button on the screen and brings the phone to his ear. Taemin is so excited that he can hear his own heart thumping in his chest.

“Hello, this is Lee Taemin.”

“Hello! So I dialed it right!” It’s an Eommas voice! And in the background Taemin hears a baby screaming at the top of his lungs!

The Eomma goes on talking. “So I am calling because of your note! I mean, I am right that you want to babysit, don’t you? So I am willing to give you a job. You know, being an Eomma is hard. No, how would you know…Well, I have a baby boy here. His name is Kyungsoo. I suppose you hear him, but I tell you, he isn’t usually like that. He’s actually really cute and quiet. But even when he cries you will notice his wonderful voice. He is so talented! Anyways. I would like you to get him from kindergarten and bring him home tomorrow. I will leave you the key to our house in his backpack, and you stay with him until my Husband and I will come home, this won’t be later than eleven o’clock. Please put him to sleep at half past seven. You can use everything in our house, including the TV as long as you make him quiet and put him to sleep in time. I will give you seven dollars for each hour; the kindergarten closes at half past four. Do we have an agreement?”

Taemin is a bit overwhelmed. That Eomma sure talks fast, and a lot. But she will also pay him a lot! At least more than he gets from Key.

“Sure, Ma’am! Thank you very much! I will bring little Kyungsoo home safe and care for him!” He says in his most polite way.

The Eomma giggles. “So your picture truly shows who you are, so cute! Well then, see you tomorrow!”

The Eomma hangs up.

And Taemin is employed.