01

Adamant Her

 

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

-chapter one-
❝ My Name is Oh Yoonhee ❞
  oh yoonhee's pov

 

“GIVE ME THAT BACK!"

“‘May 25. Myungsoo oppa arm wrestled me in recess. I felt SO happy because I actually held his hand’-- PFFT. What is this?! Are you serious?!”

I turned bright red, chasing him even faster around the classroom.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN. SHUT UP AND GIVE ME THE DIARY.”

“‘I won, but I think he let me win. Myungsoo oppa is nice that way.’ Uh, no, I don’t think he purposely won. You probably won with your manly strength--”

“GOT YOU.” I tackled him with all my might, snatching the diary away from his hand.

 

But he had decided to grab onto it more firmly than I had imagined. Before I could stop, RIIPP went the diary page.

My jaw dropped, a dangerous fire of anger starting to rise up my throat.


“BYUN. BAEKHYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-.”


“-UUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!” I woke straight up from my bed as I breathed heavily.

Sehun slammed open my door, already dressed in his school uniform.


“Noona?! Are you okay?! Why were you screaming Baekhyun hyung’s name in your slee--” He suddenly stopped, a dangerous smirk forming on his face.

“Nooonaa~ Were you dreaming weird things about--”

I widened my eyes and threw a pillow at my little brother's face.

 

“NO. Who taught you to think like that, Oh Sehun?! Was it Kai?!”

He shrugged that ‘I’m innocent’ shrug of his.

“Aish.... Just wait until I get my hands on that guy for teaching weird things to my innocent little brother.....” I muttered, still in a pissed mood from the dream. No. Nightmare.


Aish. What a terrible way to start the day. A dream with Byun Baekhyun and middle school in it. Ew.

I sighed as I dragged myself to the brush my teeth, hearing the familiar creaks of the weak flooring each step I took and the dim, poor lighting of the bathroom.


It was no surprise when the light bulbs exploded in the middle of my mouth washing.


I cursed pretty violently for a sixteen year old, and gathered the glass pieces with a broomstick. And of course I just had cut myself while at it.


“NOONA! TEN MINUTES BEFORE THE BELL!” Sehun suddenly called from downstairs.

I widened my eyes, not being able to afford to be late to class again.

“OKAY!”


Immediately, I began stripping off of my pajamas as fast as possible and threw myself into the shower. Jumping up and down and yelping, I shivered under the cold water for the entire two minutes before throwing myself back out of the shower. Right away, I pounced for the hair dryer.


BOOM. It exploded and broke.

“AISH!” I let out another stream of curse words and gave up on my wet and tangled hair. I began zooming around my room, looking for my uniform and throwing it over my head hastily. Almost tripping, I swooped up my backpack and crashed out the door, jumping down the stairs like a crazy bunny.


Sehun stared up at me with wide eyes, looking at me as if I really was crazy.

“Uh, noona, you look--”

“GIVE ME THAT PIECE OF BREAD.”

He immediately turned around and tossed me a piece of stiff, but edible bread roll.

I stuffed it inside my mouth and ran towards the door.

“LESH GO!”


And that, ladies and gentlemen, was how a normal day would start off in my life.


I slammed open the door, half of the roll still sticking out of my mouth. Sehun followed behind me neatly chewing on his roll. That brat just had to make such a comparison.


Oh wait. Pardon me about the statement I had made before about how a normal day would start off. The day hadn’t started off YET.

The morning still had a major, annoying component in order to be over.


I ran into that component two seconds out the door of my house.

Like, literally ran into him.


“UMMPH!” My voice was muffled greatly by the bread roll. Immediately, I shot a glare up to the guy of my nightmares. I pulled the bread out of my mouth.

 

“Aish. What where you’re going, Byunbag!”

“GOOD MORNING HYUNG!~” Sehun called out from behind me.

Baekhyun gave a glare back at me. Then he gave his ‘oh, so charming’ grin at Sehun.

“Hey Sehun!”

I scoffed, muttering to myself something along the lines of little brothers having to be friends with your worst enemy.


Baekhyun looked down at me, his soft, brown hair in the regular ‘messy-but-looks-like-like-a-$300-hairstyle’. His uniform somehow always seemed to look more expensive and neat even though a few hundred other people wore the same exact thing.

In other words, he was a typical rich kid that had a pose screaming ‘I’m smart and good-looking and rich!’.

Blech. And did I mention his height was now sadly uncomparable to mine in this age?

 

Oh, the great days when I had been the same height as him in seventh grade...


Baekhyun raised an eyebrow when he caught sight of my hair.

“Did you fall into a lake?”

“Yes, I did. And I dreamed about ducks biting your head off while I was swimming, Byunbag.”

Sehun walked up to us.

“Speaking of dreams... hyung, did you know noona dreamed about you in her sleep and was screaming your name as if she was-- OH MY GOD OWW.”

I brushed my hands together, having done a good, satisfying slap on his head.


Baekhyun smirked.

“Oh, come on, Yoonhee, you don’t have to be so mean to Sehun. I totally understand that you can’t get enough of my face each day, but you can always tell me if you dream about my beautiful-- OH MY GOD OWW.”

I brushed my hands together a second time, having done a much more harder, much more satisfying slap on his head.


Now back to my previous statement.

Ahem. Ladies and gentlemen,

This. Is how a normal day started off in my life.


In the next few minutes of me complaining that we were going to be late, Baekhyun got a towel (probably worth a hundred dollars for its expensive cloth I don’t know) from Ahjumma and dried my hair with it, being the naggy guy he was.

I silently mocked his voice as he went on and on, so only Sehun could see. He quietly giggled to himself.


“And do you know WHAT’S in the cold you’ll get if you don’t dry your hair? Viruses. And for your information, Oh-So-Dense-Oh Yoonhee, viruses are not a good thing. Infact, they are extremely bad and can be passed from one person to another, including the PRECIOUS ME and poor, innocent little Sehun. Oh, and did I mention that you’ll cough every second until your throat bursts open?”


Oh please. As if I DIDN’T know about colds.


It was a minute before the bell when all three of us got to school. We were on time, but still, it was a close call, thanks to Byunbag and his hundred dollar towel.


I sighed tiredly as I slumped down into my desk, facing the blackboard sleepily. Already I could hear the giggles of nearby gossip-girl groups and the chattering of the loud guys in the classroom.

It was so weird. Every class I was in each year always contained most of the same people I had since kindergarten.


I looked around, not seeing any unfamiliar faces in the classroom.

Seriously. The education department seemed to be playing a trick on me.


In the midst of all the noise, I heard footsteps come near me. Normally, I would’ve ignored them, but something told me that they belonged to--

I looked up, confirming my prediction.


Her.


Right away, I straightened up, raising my chin up and giving Kim Dasom a glare. She stopped near my desk, glaring back down at me with that cold, witch-like pose.


I sneered.

Who did that girl think she was?! Was she mocking me because I got a 98 and she got a 100 on yesterday’s test?!

I tried to keep my cool, crossing my arms and lifting my chin up even more.

Dasom scoffed, probably remembering how she had won on yesterday’s test and evilly relishing it. Without a word, she smirked and walked off.


My jaw dropped.

GAAAHHHHHHHHHHH DID SHE JUST SMIRK IN FRONT OF MY FACE?!

I snatched my textbooks out of my backpack to plan on what to study. I’ll show HER what it feels like to live under me.


The bell suddenly rang, surprising the class. Everyone lunged for their seats, a silence gradually taking over the classroom.

I looked around for the first time, frowning.

…. Where were they?


As if on cue, the door suddenly slammed open. A whole group of six, tall guys came barging in. They ran for their seats and sat down just when the teacher came in.


I rolled my eyes. Well that was fast.


Suho, Kyungsoo, Kai, Chanyeol, and Sehun and Baekhyun. EXO-K, people called them.

I would scoff.

More like ‘Ech so gay.’

 

Baekhyun plopped down on the desk to my right, giving me a poke on my forehead sneakily.

It took all my might to just glare instead of throwing a chair into his forehead.


After everything became quiet, we all looked up at our pretty, popular teacher, Lee Yeon Hee.

She looked around the classroom with hawkeyes, looking for that one kid we all knew she was looking for.

All of us pointed to Kai’s desk at the same time.


The teacher rolled her eyes.

“Oh Sehun, I see you under that desk. Go back to your own classroom.”


Sehun peeked from under the desk, slightly pouting. I snickered.

“Nae, Yeon Hee Seonsaengnim..”


The young, pretty teacher frowned.

“Don’t call me by my first name informally, Sehun haksaeng. It’s Lee Seonsaengnim.”

Despite the frown she gave him, Sehun still smiled at her, completely distracted in a ‘trance’.

We all snickered when he accidentally bumped his head onto the desk as he stood up. Nevertheless, he still smiled like a lovesick fool at Seonsaengnim, rubbing his head as if he was in a dream.


The teacher just rolled her eyes as he scrambled out the door.

All of us were aware of Sehun’s student-teacher crush on Lee Seonsaengnim. And all of us were aware that the reason he came here every morning was because of her, not just EXO-K.


The teacher cleared after Sehun left, slightly blushing.

“Alright, class, turn to page 57.”


Baekhyun yawned beside me, getting ready to have the usual good nap. I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes.

“Please let him sleep facing towards me so I can draw on his face, Lord.” I whispered.


He didn’t. I pouted and sulked to myself for the rest of the class, muttering to myself on how life was so unfair.
 
 
 ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬ ▬ ▬  ▬ ▬ ▬  ▬ ▬  ▬ ▬  ▬  ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
-authors note-
DA FIRST CHAPTER! YAY /shot
well guess wat. I as a writer, and I know that. You don't have to tell me straight in the face.
Funny-EXO-exo-m-33002433-500-281.gif
 
This chapter really and it's short and boring but it's just an introDUCTION, so I promise bettah~~
and please subscribe!~~ commenting will make me happy :)
Don't be a silent reader~
 
tumblr_m579todjd51ro0dzho1_400.jpg
 
♥ with lots of love, macarooni 
 
sehun.gif?w=281&h=373