Chapter 21

You Can't Control Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was early morning and everyone was gathered in the living room with two obvious people missing. Na Ri and Chin Ho.

“Jong Up, did you hear anything from the guys?”

“Yeah, Ji Ho is hiding in some rundown building just outside the city.”

“Okay. We’re getting him today.”

“About Na Ri?” Him Chan leaned forward.

“She’s coming too.” Na Ri was like a child that needed eyes on her 24/7 because it seemed like she would get herself in some kind of trouble if left alone. She is so damn unpredictable. “She is uncontrollable.” Yong Guk sighed, unable to suppress his irritation. No matter what he tells her, it just goes over her head. He has been trying to be lenient on her, hoping that this approach would somehow get through to her and it has helped a little, but it wasn’t enough to get her to obediently listen. She continuously makes him worried and panicked and he didn’t exactly know why.

There was one thing he knew for sure though.

He doesn’t like how she is affecting him.

He doesn’t care about her in that way.

He never will.

“Hyung, should we be bringing her with us?” Jun Hong was unsure about the whole thing. There were huge risks that came along with all of their trips.

“She’s safest when she’s with us.” Yong Guk breathed out and stood up. “Just make sure everything will work out. The company needs me and when I’m back, we’re leaving.” The boys nodded. Yong Guk turned back once more. “Keep an eye on her.”

“Don’t worry, we don’t want a repeat of yesterday.” Him Chan got slightly irritated remembering what they went through the day before trying to find her. He wasn’t planning on leaving her alone today anyways for her to get such thoughts. He needed a straight answer from her and he was going to do whatever to get it.

***

I made sure to wake up early so I could check up on Chin Ho. I shuffled to his room and looked inside. In relief, I found him still snoozing away comfortably. Walking up to his bed, I reached out to touch his forehead. Noticing that heat no longer resonated from his head, I figured the medicine did wonders. His fever had gone away and there wasn’t a single cough slipping from his lips. I sighed in content and closed the door silently behind me.

I turned around and guess who it was…the jerk, himself. Also known as Kim Him Chan. Although, he hasn’t been bothering me - which I am beyond thankful for but I still didn’t want to speak to him. I didn’t give him a second glance and walked by him before he stopped me and whispered. “How long did you know?”

I should have known that this conversation was going to come up sooner or later. “Does it matter?”

“Just answer the goddamn question.”

“If you want an answer, don’t talk to me that way.” I glared at him and walked away. I went straight to my bedroom and jumped onto my bed and looked at the medical books I had lying opened. I had been reading a lot about his condition without him knowing and I have been looking into treatments.

Absence seizure is a condition where people appear to be daydreaming because the person loses consciousness for a brief moment. They don’t pass out, they’re just not there mentally. It’s more common in children and they would outgrow it when they get older, but I guess Him Chan was an exception. And the question is why?

I heard knocks on my door. “Come in.”

I didn’t look towards the door at first but turned my head when I heard Him Chan speak out. “Can you please talk to me?” He gritted his teeth and I couldn’t hide how empowered I felt. The way he was struggling was just so satisfying.

“So, you can say nice words.”

I saw him close his eyes to calm himself an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter