R U B I X C U B E

Rubix Cube

 

Yoona stared at the toy box full of colours scattered around. It mainly consist of green, blue, red and yellow little cubes all in one cube. It's a rubix cube to be exact. A hard puzzle to solve for most people. A puzzle that requires patience when you're determined to put the puzzle all together. She stares at it in concentration. She couldn't even get one side to be all the same colour (she couldn't put together one colour side). She remembers what a certain someone had always taught her but it just doesn't work. 

 

Yoona was no expert in things like this.

 

She never really paid attention to the secret formula in the first place. She wasn't interested in playing this childish game at all. But why was the Im Yoona solving one right now? It's all because of one agreement. She promised him. She promised the guy that she loves that she would solve it. And once she does he'll know her answer. 

 

 

"I love you Im Yoona." He said while gazing at her eyes. The most beautiful pair of eyes he had ever seen. It was the first time that he confessed to someone. It was the first time that the Lu Han confessed to a girl. It was the first time that he fell in love. Sure he did have girlfriends but never took them seriously, that's why the relationship he's been in always ends in a short period of time.

 

But this time it's different. He learned the true meaning of love and is ready to be in a serious relationship with the one he loves.

 

Seconds ticked by as both of them stayed quiet, only staring at each others eyes. Yoona bit her lip. She was uncertain of her answer. Does she love Lu Han the same way he loves her? She still couldn't forget about her first love. Lu Han made her forget for a while but what if their relationship fail? What if it doesn't last long?

 

"Luhan I–" Lu Han shushed her, putting a finger on her lip. Her pulled out a toy cube from his backpack. A rubix cube to be exact and handed it to Yoona. She stares at it, it was Lu Han's favourite rubix cube with the name L.H. embedded on the yellow side of the cube. She remembers Lu Han telling her that it was from her parents. His first ever toy as child so it was something special to him. 

 

She looks up at Lu Han in confusion. "I'll give you time to sort out your feelings....And while you are try to solve that cube. And once you did..."

 

"That's when I'll know you're answer." 

 

"But it will take me a long long time." He smiles lightly ruffling her hair. "That's how much time I'm giving you Yoona. Think it carefully...That's how much time I'm willing to wait for you."

 

 

Her fingers began to move while twisting and turning the cube with utmost concentration. She remembers the formula Lu Han had taught her. She still didn't quite understand the formula clearly but she was willing to give it a shot. For him. Along the way memories began to flood on her mind. 

 

Memories of laughter and sadness. Memories that she shared with the person that was always there with her, every step of the way. She would smile. Remembering the lame jokes he used to always tell her to cheer her up. A tear would slip from her eyes when she remembers the memories of Lu Han kissing different girls. She would chuckle at the memory of Lu Han falling down from a tree while trying to reach an apple and ended up landing on poop. You might think that she's a lunatic but she didn't care. She was just reminiscing those happy times.

 

A few more twist and turns and observation. She was down to the last side of the cube. She wouldn't give up. She had to solve this. Suddenly, the memory of her ex popped up and on that very same day she met Lu Han. The best thing that happened to her life. He saved her from the humiliation of getting dumped in front of a crowd even though they were strangers to each other. He was there to comfort her when she cried endless tears from a broken heart.

 

There was a loud click sound. Yoona held her breath as she stares at the cube. She did it. She finally did it after a month. She analyzes the cube and on the red side printed in small, bolded letters....I love you.....A tear slipped from her eyes as she quickly stands up and darts out of the room heading to St. John's Hospital. 

 

The smell that clearly describes a hospital lingered in the air. The sound of beeping noises echoed through the room. Yoona carefully close the door behind her and approached the sleeping figure on the bed. Wires attached here and there on his body. An oxygen mask secured on his mouth. Yoona took his pale hand on her hands and gave it a light squeeze. As if telling that she was there. There for him. Only him.

 

"I solved it Lu Han." She smiles while brushing the growing bangs on his forehead. He had been in a comatose for a month after a car accident. He could have died right there but the Doctors managed to save his life and he ended up into a comatose. For a month he stayed asleep on that cold hospital bed. Yoona would visit him daily and talk to him. The doctor says it helps to encourage the patient to wake up.

 

"I solved it...I finally figured out my feelings Lu Han." She placed a gentle kiss on his hand. "So you better wake up anytime soon....."

 

"I love you....I love you Lu Han so you better wake up." She kisses his forehead.

 

 

 

His hands twitched. And slowly his eyes flutter open.