One

Beautiful Chokehold

 

 

beautiful chokehold


 
 
12.04 a.m. 
October 16, 2012
 
 
'Hey!' Donghae instinctively reaches out to where the boy has fallen. He puts an arm around his back, another on his arm and tries to help the boy back to his feet, 'What is wrong with you? Are you okay??' 
 
 
The boy's eyes are still wide like saucers as he allows Donghae to help him up. 
 
 
He reaches out his own trembling hand and touch Donghae's forearm tentatively. The latter a brow at that. 
 
 
'I-i-imposs-ible...' The boy mumbles. 
 
 
'What is?' Donghae asks, keeping his hold on the boy in case he falls again. 
 
 
'I... I'm t..touching you?' 
 
 
'Well yes... What about it?' Now Donghae is beginning  to think he may have found a lunatic. 
 
 
He watches the boy shake his head and frowns. 
 
 
Donghae clears his throat, 'Okay look, i just need you to guide me out of here. Can you help?' 
 
 
'No!' The boy suddenly wraps his arms around Donghae and hugs him tight. 'You can't leave me!' 
 
 
What. 
 
 
The. 
 
 
Hell. 
 
 
The more Donghae tries to pry the boy away the tighter he holds onto him.  
 
 
'Y..ou smells n..nice.' The boy breathes against the side of Donghae's neck. 
 
 
Now this is really weird. 
 
 
'Uhm thanks i guess? I kind of sweat a little during my party earlier and ran through the rain. If that's your idea of 'nice'. But hey i think you can let go now.' 
 
 
'Mnhmmmm!' The boy buries his head in the crook of Donghae's neck. Almost choking him in the process. 
 
 
The boy finally loosens up when Donghae starts getting out of breaths and begins his coughing fits. 
 
 
'Sorry! I was... I was just too happy.' The boy is patting Donghae's back now, which slowly changes to soothing . 
 
 
As Donghae recovers he remembers what he needs first and foremost once again. 
 
 
'Can you guide me out of this damn place now.' He bites coldly. Slightly annoyed by the turn in event. 
 
 
'Yes sure!' The boy chirped happily. 
 
 
---
 
 
'Why aren't you wet?' Donghae exclaims in surprise once he gets into the driver seat. The boy right next to him. All clean and dry whereas Donghae has gotten his hair and half his body wet again. 
 
 
The boy smiles sheepishly and looks away. Drawing a frown from Donghae.
 
 
Come to think of it the boy is indeed weird. He just stands next to the car earlier. Donghae even has to open and close the door for him. 
 
 
Does he think he is a prince or something?
 
 
Either way, it's not as if Donghae has any choice in this. He needs this boy's help. 
 
 
'What's your name?' He asks as he starts the engine. Trying to start some small talk in case it gets awkward later.
 
 
'Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae. You?' 
 
 
'Lee Donghae.' He replies. 'So you live in that house?' 
 
 
'Mmph.' A sad look flashes passed his features. But Donghae doesn't really care much to ask further. Besides, the rain water keeps dripping down his hair, making him even more annoyed. 
 
 
'Hyukjae there's a towel at the back. Can you help me grab that? This water is irritating the hell out of me.' 
 
 
'Eh? Me?' 
 
 
'Do you see anyone else here?' He wipes off a stray droplet from his face. 
 
 
'Ma...maybe... Well. I... Oh. I can do that though!' 
 
 
And Hyukjae's bare hands come near him and starts to brush away the droplets of water dripping down his face. His fingers even combing through Donghae slightly wet locks and combing it sideways. 
 
 
Donghae is surprised by the touch, but for some weird reason, he doesn't move away. 
 
 
'It would be better if you use the towel you know.' Donghae deadpans instead. 
 
 
'I can't hold it.' Comes the soft whisper. 'Besides, it's really really nice to touch someone again.' 
 
 
Donghae darts a quick look over just to make sure this guy is for real. Because so far he's indeed the weirdest person he has ever encountered in his 17 years of age. Every word that comes out of his mouth makes absolutely no sense at all. 
 
 
'How old are you Hyukjae?' Donghae suddenly asks. 
 
 
The boy next to him turns quiet again. His brows furrow together as he seems to think about it, as if Donghae has just asked him to solve a million dollar question. 
 
 
'I... I don't know.' Hyukjae says, scratching the back of his head.
 
 
'Huh!' 
 
 
Hyukjae laughs awkwardly, the sound sounding like he chokes on something, '17! I'm 17, I guess.' 
 
 
'Ah so you do know your age.' Donghae comments, 'Which month?' 
 
 
Hyukjae face falls, 'April the 4th.' 
 
 
'Damn. You're older!' 
 
 
You have no idea. Lee Donghae. 
 
 
---
 
 
1.33 a.m.
October 16, 2012
 
 
'Though it has been a weird encounter, thanks anyway! Let me call a cab to send you back.' 
 
 
Hyukjae panics, 'No! Don't. I can make my way--' 
 
 
He pauses and slide his gaze over to meet with Donghae's. 
 
 
'What?' Donghae asks suspiciously when Hyukjae suddenly looks at him as if with a wicked idea in mind. 
 
 
'Can't I stay for the night?' He shifts his feet uneasily and pouts. 'I...it's late... And... And i'm s..scared, Donghae.' 
 
 
Damn. 
 
 
That is so...
 
 
(Cute)
 
 
Dongae coughs awkwardly. 
 
 
Anyway.
 
 
That is how Donghae finds himself in his own home trying to find extra duvets for Hyukjae to keep himself warm. 
 
 
'Can't I just sleep next to you?' 
 
 
'You're asking too much for someone whom I've just met Hyukjae.' 
 
 
'And you're being too kind to someone you've just met. So why not... Go all the way?' Hyukjae grins. Making Donghae finding it hard to reason anymore. 
 
 
'Aish! Whatever.' He pads to his room, a happy Hyukjae trailing close behind. 
 
 
---
 
 
3.02 a.m.
October 16, 2012
 
 
Hyukjae is a ghost. 
 
 
Obviously a fact that his new friend hasn't realized. 
 
 
Yet. 
 
 
As a ghost, he doesn't need any sleep. Which is why he is up on the bed, body to the side, facing a lightly snoring Donghae. 
 
 
His fingers ghost ever so slightly over the sleeping boy's soft features. Still very much in awe that he can finally touch something, someone. That he can actually feel something tangible. 
 
 
'Pretty...' He sighs. Admiring Donghae all the way till dawn. 
 
 
Wondering why is it that he has to wait for almost a century for someone to finally see him. 
 
 
Maybe Donghae is a witch. Or something. 
 
 
But then at this point Hyukjae doesn't really care. Wandering for almost a century nothing really matters, everything is always the same to him.
 
 
Right now he is only too glad to be able to find someone who can see him, and touch him.
 
 
He is just happy to be able to feel more human again. Even though he is not. 
 
 
He has lacked human affections, human touches for too long to just let go like that. 
 
 
He smiles in the dark, fingers going back to trace the bridge of the younger's - very much younger - nose. 
 
 
I'm going to stick to you like a leech from now on, my darling human.
 
 
---
 
A/N:
Whoa! Finally done with this.
I'm supposed to swap their personalities so here it goes!  Hope it's not too bad...