Without Her Realizing

A Simple Gesture

 

 

 

Jessica was walking home from school one day when she noticed a girl ahead of her had tripped and dropped all of the books she was carrying, along with two sweaters, a baseball bat, a glove and a small tape recorder. Jessica knelt down and helped the girl pick up the scattered articles.

 

Since they were going the same way, she helped to carry part of burden. As they walked, Jessica discovered the girl’s name was Yuri, that she loved video games, baseball, and history, that she was having a lot of trouble with his English subject and that she had just broken up with her girlfriend.

 

They arrived at Yuri’s home first and Jessica was invited in for Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed pleasantly with a few laughs and some shared small talk, then Jessica went home.

 

They continued to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice then both graduated from high school. They ended up in the same university where they had brief contacts over the years. Finally the long awaited senior year came, and three weeks before graduation, Yuri asked Jessica if they can talk.

 

Yuri reminded her of the day years ago when they had first met. “Do you wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day?” asked Yuri.

 

“You see, I was cleaned out my locker because I didn’t want to leave a mess for anyone else. I had stored away some of my mother’s sleeping pills and I was going home to commit suicide. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I realized that if I had killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So, you see Jessica, when you picked up my books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life.” Yuri finished it with a genuine smiled before pulled Jessica into her warm embrace, “Thank you.”

 

Jessica just let out a satisfied smiled before mumbled back, “You’re welcome, Yuri.”

 

End.

 

 

Another inspirational fic,

This is based on true story,

Leave your thoughts/ feedbacks.

Thanks for reading!

An upvote won't hurt right?

Teehee~

-Endaiyy