one.

Wedding Dress

 

 

Kris lazily rose up from his bed and stole a glance at the picture frame, on the drawer besides his bed. He sighed heavily and face palm. He looked at his tuxedo that hanging outside from the wardrobe. She ironed it yesterday, hoped for his coming. He went to bath room and took a bath over 20 minutes. He checked all over his handsome feature in front of the mirror. There, his sore eyes there. He shut his eyes for few seconds, and took a deep breathe. Was he ready for all of this? Did he ready to meet them? He didn’t know.

He took out his passport and his important document and put it onto his bed. He tidied up his bed neatly and pulled white curtain, let the morning sunshine shoved into his room. He looked at the corner of the room, his luggage was there. He smiled. He took the picture frame on his drawer and put it into his luggage.

He slowly put on his tuxedo and wore a black bow tie. Then he combed his hair like she always asked for, she said he looked handsome. A small smile plastered on his face. He took a last look before went out from his room. At living room, he met with Xiumin and Lay and they glanced at each other. They also wore their tuxedo and suit. Lay having his morning coffee meanwhile Xiumin already taking his sweet bun early in the morning. Kris took a seat beside Lay while wore his watch that she gave to him as a present.

 

     “Kris, are you okay?” Lay asked hesitantly while put his hand on Kris’s shoulder. Kris only could nod and smile.

 

     “I’m okay. Besides, I’m should happy for her right? This what a best friend should do for his best friend.” He then patted Lay’s back. Xiumin and Lay glanced at each other again.

 

     “But, you’re not.” Xiumin butted in and talked in whispered voice, scared that Kris would feel hurt. But he just smile and shook his head.

 

     “I’m just her best friend, not more than that. Let’s go.” He started to wear his socks and headed out from their apartment where he’s living with his friends. Lay looked at Xiumin and he shrugged his shoulder. Was it true when he said he’s okay but who know what he felt in his deep heart?

Three of them walked to the ceremony because ride a car would take a long time and trap in traffic jam. It was off day, though. While waited for the traffic light turn to green for pedestrian, he looked at his ring for a long time.

They’re best friends, Joohyun, Luhan and himself. But he knew her and closed to her since they’re in high school and now she’s still the one. He loved her secretly and didn’t dare to tell her early. He’s a minute late. Now he lost everything, he lost her and his love. He sighed.

 

     “Kris, shouldn’t we walk?” Lay’s voice startled him from stared at the ring.

 

     “Ah yeah, sure.” Kris crossed the roads with his two housemates. They walked across a park slowly, looked at the kids played happily. Then his eyes stopped at a pair of young couple. Seeing them enjoyed their time made him remembered her.

 

-

 

     “Oppa, what do you think about this?” They had their time at a lake, at the countryside, far from the busy town. She showed her a white gold ring that perfectly fine at her slender finger. He smile and nodded.

 

     “It’s pretty, like you.” He answered her question sincerely while checked her finger. She just giggled and searched for something in her pocket.

 

     “Here, I want to give you something and promise me, you will keep it safely.” She handed him a ring and put it on his palm.

 

     “What do you mean?”

 

     “I didn’t mean anything, just keep it. Actually this is a couple rings. I’m very like it so I bought with my saved money.” She giggled again while kept looking at her ring with her adorable eyes.

 

     “Joohyun. I, I.” She looked at him with her questionable look. He wants to say something.

 

     “Boo! I found you guys!” Appeared a doe eyed man, Luhan from behind. Then he started to tickle Joohyun’s waist and she stood up, started to run away. Luhan followed her and caught her, left Kris alone. He could see Luhan was hugging her from behind while laughed. He turned away and looked at the lake with hurt expression while he kissed the ring that she gave to him.

 

-

 

     “We’re here.” Lay commanded as they arrived at the ceremony. It’s just a small and simple white occasion. They beautified the garden with few bouquets of white tulips, her favorite. They took a last seat when others guest started to fill the front seats. She was nowhere to found.

 

     “Hey.” A man voice greeted him from behind. He turned around and met the doe eyed man who’s smiling brightly. He sent him back his smile while pulled him into his big hug. Lay and Xiumin turned around too.

 

     “Congrats bro!” Kris patted Luhan’s back with a big smile.

 

     “Thank you bro.” And then they started to talk as she was watching him from her room. Then she looked at her white gold ring and kissed it passionately. A single tear ran out from her big eyes and dripped on her white gown.

 

     “Joohyun, are you ready?” Her mum’s voice made her quickly wiped her eyes and smile sweetly. She took a deep breath and turned around, looked at her beautiful mother.

 

     “Yes, Omma.” She rose from her seat and looked at herself for the last time in the mirror. Her mum patted her back gently as she walked out from her room. Then, her mum went near to the window, where she sat just now and found a handsome young man chatted with his friends. Then the young man turned to look at where her mum’s stand. It was Kris, not Luhan.

 

     “Kris?” Joohyun’s mum asked herself but then smile to Kris when saw he smiled to her.

 

Kris took his seat at a white piano, near where the Father and Luhan stood. He saw her from afar, with her dad. She’s the one who wanted him to play piano in her occasion.

 

-

 

     “Oppa, can I ask you something?” She looked at her with her crystal eyes.

 

     “What is it Joohyunnie?” He answered while caressed her hair, like a couple did.

 

     “I want you to play instrument in my occasion soon.” He looked into her eyes and stared for a long time. He lost his words.

 

     “Oppa, why?”

 

     “Can’t I just be the groom? How should I play the instrument? I don’t know how to play, though.”

 

     “Omo, really? You want to be my groom? You’re really my sidekick forever, Oppa!” She punched his right shoulder and looked at the lake in front of them.

 

     “Err, y-yes? I, I..”

 

     “Hey!” Luhan appeared and shouted near at her and his ear then he took a seat between them.

 

     “Hyunnie, you should teach Kris how to play the instrument or sing. It’s really a waste if he has a looks but lack in taking women’s heart.” Luhan jokingly said and patted his back.

 

     “Hey, I knew how to rap, in English, Chinese and Hangul. Which language did you want?”  

 

     “Yeah yeah, not everyone can do rap like you, translator.” Luhan said sarcastically meanwhile Joohyun smile sweetly to Kris. He blushed.

 

-

 

He started to press the key, followed what she had taught one by one as soon she walked down into the aisle with her dad. She looked very beautiful, no, no words could describe how beautiful she was on that day. With her bright eyes, her direction only towards her man who’s waited for her at the end of the aisle. He stared her angel like appearance when she walked passed him. He held his teary eyes, and kept continuing press the key. Her eyes stole a glance to him for few seconds but she managed to smile to her man-soon-to-be.

 

     “You looked so pretty in your wedding dress. How I wished I was the man who wait for you with big smile at the end of the aisle. I wished I was the man who will hold your hand and your heart forever. But that man isn’t me and forever it wouldn’t be me. If we’re given a chance once more, I’m still couldn’t be the one.”

 

-

 

     “You may kiss the bride.” The vowed was changing and he’s still there. Watched her closely but he’s still grateful because at last his two best friends got married. He stood from his place and left the white occasion with broken heart. Lay and Xiumin quickly followed him without saying anything. He’s better get off from the place or he would be something that they didn’t expect. Joohyun could just watch his back from afar and slowly disappeared from her sight. He’s gone forever.

 

     “I’ll promise to remember you forever, Kris.”

 

     “Loving you is the sweetest moment I’ve ever had, and leaving you is the bitter moment I’ve ever tasted. You should be my lady, but my destiny wasn’t with you.”

 

 

 

XOXO,

Dragon-keroro-deer

 

 

 

credits the picture to nolitosugar at tumblr :)