Onew Condition

Condition

 

In the kpop scene, this was a known condition, made famous by a chicken lover idol that looked like a hamster. Everyone laughs at it and SHINee had endured years of it so it's gotten quite a familiar scene. Yet to two persons, this condition seemed to have dragged them into a bottomless pit and one that they didn't want to escape.

 

Sunggyu vividly recalled their meeting and how a certain hamster had made him hopelessly romantic, that person was in fact, Onew.

 

"Hello, we are Infinite." They greeted and the other group bowed at them. "Hello, we are shining SHINee." oh how nervous the seven members were in front of their sunbaenim. "ah Woohyun!" the leader of the 'noona killer' group suddenly uttered and the man in question bowed at him. "yeah you're Key's friend right?" Onew asked and Woohyun nodded. "ah yes Onew sunbaenim." Woohyun replied and the SHINee members chuckled. "Hey, didn't we agree that you'll drop the sunbaenim? Our ages are quite close and if I’m not mistaken, Sunggyu-ssi is quite older than me." Onew said and Sunggyu blushed hearing his name escape from Onew's mouth. “neh, Onew hyung" Woohyun replied and Key took the chance to hug the friend. "Break a leg Woohyun! Make your bestie proud m'kay?" Key uttered and Woohyun smiled nervously. "Infinite fighting!" SHINee cheered and the group thanked them, bowing before they went out of the dressing room.

 

Since that day, Onew never left Sunggyu's thoughts; he'll be worthy enough to talk to his 'idol' someday.

 

Onew was one smart idol, and his mind thinks in lighting speed. This actually amazed a certain idol who had liked him from a distance. Lee Joon just couldn't erase the thoughts of their interaction for a variety program.

 

"Lee joon, Yang Yoseob, Shindong and Onew. You will form the idol line today. " The PD gathered them and the boys nodded and shook each other's hand. "Hey, we'll be having English later, Joon must have advantage since he'd been casted for a Hollywood movie." Shindong remarked and everyonr nodded. "I'm not that good" Joon blushed. "I know Onew knows a lot of English, he's a smart idol." Yoseob commented and Onew just smiled. "ok we can definitely win this, everyone fighting!"

 

The recording started and as expected from Onew, his condition was in a full swing. He was asked for a talent and he actually spin a tea table. It was a huge hit with the noonas but to a certain hyung, it did have a different effect. Then they started with the English questions and Onew got most of the answers correct, way to go smarty pants.

 

"Amazing Onew-ssi" Joon said as they exchanged high-fives. "uhm, just Onew Joon-ssi." Onew said and Joon nodded. "Call me hyung and I’ll drop the -ssi" Joon said and Onew nodded then smiled. "neh, Joon hyung"

 

And that started the little infatuation of Joon with the SHINee's adorkable leader.

 

 

And now we have two guys who had hidden feelings for a certain dork and both can’t even say it out loud.

 

For the most part, Sunggyu had advantage over Lee Joon since Woohyun was close with Key. And though he hated the grease ball before debut, he just loved him for his SHINee connection. But Lee Joon isn’t the type to back out that easily, he had befriended the members and since they had the same dorkiness, Onew and Lee Joon became instant friends.

 

The two men were actually older than Onew, Joon being an 88 liner and Sunggyu was 8 months older, but Onew debuted way before them. It’s a bit complicated really. But what isn’t complicated with love?

 

Both Sunggyu and Joon loved sharing stages with Onew, especially during Christmas and New Year. They would be watching by the side and cheering for SHINee. Well most of their members believed that they were cheering for the group, but one member sure knows better than the rest. The two was acting like fanboys over the group who was singing and dancing to Lucifer and boy did the smiles on their faces became permanent.

 

Then during the MC part, there he goes again mentioning chickens and falling on stage. SHINee had bowed down to apologize for their leader and sang that melodious chant everyone’s familiar with. ‘Oh Onew how can you be adorable like that?’ Lee Joon thought to himself as he watched by the sidelines. “Onew, don’t give me a heart attack!” Sunggyu muttered to himself as his heart skipped a beat.

 

Woohyun burst out laughing looking at the two idols staring at the tofu. “Blink Sunggyu hyung, Joon hyung!” He uttered and the two gave him death glares. Woohyun raised his hand in defeat but continued laughing. Soon the Shinee members were done performing and went backstage, both Infinite and MBLAQ congratulating them.

 

“Bestie Great work!” Woohyun high-fived Key who was still out of breath. “Taeminnie! You were great! It was so awesome!” Sungjong was all hyper and Taemin smiled at him and thanked him, the Infinite maknae was in cloud nine already just seeing that precious smile.

 

“Hey Onew! You nailed it!” Joon said as he slung an arm on Onew’s shoulder and the tofu smiled kindly to him and muttered thanks. Sunggyu was stunned at how close they were and so he just plastered a smile on his face as he congratulated Shinee, He’s still supposed to be the leader of Infinite so he’ll play that role even if he’s hurt. “Congratulations Onew-ssi.” Sunggyu said and Onew suddenly hugged him. “Thanks Gyu, but what did I tell you about formalities?” Onew said and Sunggyu scratched the back of his head. “Sorry, slipped my mind.” Sunggyu said as he blushed and Onew laughed at him. This wasn’t pretty in the sight of Lee Joon, why would Onew hug Sunggyu? He was a bit hurt to be honest.

 

“Tell me the truth Sunggyu, you like him?” Lee Joon blurted out as he locked the dressing room door. Sunggyu blinked at him and gave Joon aquestioning look. “Who are we talking in particular?” Sunggyu asked and Joon sighed. “Don’t play dumb Sunggyu, we both know we are thinking of the same person Sunggyu.” Joon said firmly and Sunggyu sighed. “Does it matter if I say it now? Would things change?” Sunggyu asked and Joon nodded. “I need confirmation Sunggyu. If we are to fight for him, we must at least know who our opponent is.” Joon said and Sunggyu nodded. “Then Yes, I do like him.” Sunggyu answered and Joon nodded then extended a hand. “May the best man win Sunggyu.” Joon said and Sunggyu smiled before shaking his hand.

 

They went out of the room and they saw the chicken lover walking down the hall. Onew saw them and started running towards them, triping on his own feet along the way. Joon managed to catch him and Sunggyu was able to hold his arm to help him up. “Thank Joong Hyung, Gyu.” Onew said and the two sighed and sang “Molhaedo Onew Sangtae”. Onew laughed and the two joined him. When the laughter died, the two looked at each other, sending thunder bolts as their eyes meet.

 

“I’m positive, Joon hyung and Sunggyu likes each other!” Onew blurted out as Jonghyun checks his reflection. “Hyung, how positive are you?” Key asked as he looked at the leader. “I saw them walk out of dressing room together.” Onew blurted out and the rest of the members laughed at him. “Must be coincidence hyung!” Taemin said, not looking at the leader. The members thought that Onew was just experiencing his usual Onew condition as the atmosphere in the whole room became awkward. No one believed him.

 

But Onew noticed the two interacting more than usual and them talking quite often. He smiled wider as his suspicions were really coming true! Joon and Sunggyu likes each other. Onew then decided that he shall be the JoonGyu shipper.

 

Onew was all bubbly at the thought of his friends hooking up that it hadn’t occur to him how the two was constantly exchanging glares when Onew was talking to one of them. Onew tried his best to be a shipper and well, it kinda made the three closer than close.

 

But Onew hadn’t expected what happened next, when he was called out by the two on a cold winter night.

 

“Hey Joon hyung, Gyu, what’s up?” Onew asked with a smile, maybe they’ll reveal their relationship and he’ll be the happiest shipper in town. But the two looked grim and stood a few meters apart. The two had stern faces and Onew can sense that there is something wrong. “Did I miss something?” Onew asked and the two looked at him with piercing dark eyes.

 

“I love you.” They said in unison, Onew smiled and sighed in relief. “Omo, you two are so scary, I already know, you two are dating right?” Onew said but the two said in reply. “Onew I love you.” Onew froze on the spot and was dumbfounded. Has his hearing gone bad? Joon and Sunggyu love him?

 

And then flashbacks came to him and realized all the things that the two did for him. When his Onew Condition attacked; Sunggyu was the only breave person to laugh at his lame jokes while Joon was always ready to catch him when he trips or falls. Sunggyu would embrace him when he felt pressured and tired of being SHINee’s leader, only a leader can understand a fellow leader. Joon would listen to him and smile and he’s thankful Joon was a true friend he can count on. He never knew that these little actions meant so much more, he was oblivious.

 

And now that they confessed, at the same time, same place and same manner, how would Onew react? Who will he chose? How will he weigh the friendship each of them had given to him? He just stood there and stare at the two, hopeful that they were just lying and this is a prank but he saw both their eyes unwavering and to be honest, he just wanted to escape.

 

The first snow fell as the three stood in the middle of nowhere, and Onew knew he had to make a decision fast, will it be Joon or will it be Sunggyu?

 


a/n: lame I know~ I’m so sorry