Final

Us Against the World

 

~*~

 

It’s been a long journey for the past six years that he was living in a foreign land to try out his luck as a performer. For the past 6 years, he had experienced the best and worst in life. He was so young then and he only had dreams and perseverance as his sword and shield in the feisty crossfire we call as entertainment business. And until now, he was still fighting for acceptance within the community he was trying to belong.

 

He was called a violin master, a prodigy and an exceptional talent. He was the violinist that started the rage of fans and the battle of numbers; and though he may smile a lot to hide his emotions, the pain consumed him until he was left with nothing but despair.

 

Yet there was something that made him stand up and fight for his position in the industry.

 

In the sea of darkness he stood and played the notes of the song that he always dreaded. Not a single light was lit and he forced himself to close his eyes and play deaf on all the cursing and boos the people inside the arena were chanting. He became numb as time passed and the chants were like the buzzing sound of bees.

 

Henry never knew the reason why he was hated on, he never wanted to put his self in a pedestal and use his hyungs as stepping stones. But none of the fans understood his position, no one cared if he bled as the deafening sound and blinding darkness welcomed him. No one understood the pain the young lad was feeling; no one cared.

 

He just wanted to perform on stage yet in his current state, he was forbidden to step on it.

 

But he wasn’t alone in the fight for survival, he was never alone; because at the end of the day, when everyone hated him, he had his hyungs to love and support him.

 

 

They only meant good for the baby; they never wanted to hurt him. But when the fans lashed curses and Henry had to face the black ocean, they were burdened. Henry was apologetic to the hyungs as he became their burden. But Henry wasn’t just a SMTown artist; he was already part of the Super Junior Family. This is a simple logic but the people who chanted only13 could never understand it.

 

They argued Henry wasn’t there when they were starting; Henry wasn’t there when they were trying their hardest to get noticed, Henry wasn’t there to experience failure, Henry wasn’t there and so he shouldn’t be there in the future.

 

But Kyuhyun wasn’t there when they started, Ryeowook wasn’t there until a few weeks prior to debut, Siwon wasn’t supposed to be there when they won their first award, Kiubm wasn’t there when they hit global. But here they are all together, huddled in a silent prayer before they go on stage for their concert.

 

Super Junior is a family, can you not see?

 

Though the members tried their hardest to protect the baby, he was still hurt and badly bruised by the negativity of 13.  

 

But they were wise; wiser than the people who hated the prodigy.

 

“Hyung, can’t we just have a subgroup and include Henry?” Hangeng asked their manager and a light bulb moment sparked.

 

Super Junior M, a sub group that targeted the Chinese market, was a mere scheme to make Henry and another Chinese member get accepted into the fandom. But that wasn’t all successful as the only13 campaign had heightened.

 

“Don’t worry Henli, hyung will protect you.” Ryeowook muttered as he hugged the boy like a mother should, comforting the lad when the world was against him. It wasn’t anything romantic but Henry loved the hyung more than the others.

 

Ryeowook was the bravest among them as he held onto Henry and shielded him from the world. He would smile and reassure Henry that he will always be by his side; Henry believed in him, and he had returned the affection; again not in a romantic way but in the most sincere brotherhood he could come up with.

 

The angel leader had said it a thousand times and Eunhyuk had reiterated the fact, Henry and Zhoumi are family; they may not be official members of Super Junior but they are members of SJM and are both part of their family.

 

But why do people keep on hating?

 

Henry and Zhoumi are one of the talented idols out there; with skills not only in singing, dancing and playing instruments, but also in terms of composing. They are more than talented compared to the bunch of useless idols that were just there for their faces. They can sing live unlike some who mostly depend on auto tune and MR for their performances.

 

But they kept on hating.

 

However, nothing lasts forever, even the hatred will melt and soon acceptance will flourish.

The hyungs had played their role well and the efforts weren’t put to waste. As each city they performed in, they heard cheers for the underappreciated members, they knew they were on the right track.
 

Henry for the most part, had been numb by the hateful ELF community but as one by one, a light shown amidst the pitch black ocean, hope was kept aflame inside him.

 

Baby steps and it led them to this day; Henry was now a solo artist. 

 

Who were the happiest?

 

It was Henry’s hyungs, from the angel to the evil; everyone congratulated the baby who worked hard and was finally able to achieve his dream.

 

But he is still a member of the family right?

 

He will never leave.

 

Because when he was at his lowest point, he was taken by angel wings and he was protected by strong arms. When he was criticized, soulful voices soothed his tormented soul, when he lost the will to fight, a gummy smile and playful eyes danced with him and melt all the fears he had, when he was trying his absolute best, they were always the first to congratulate him.

 

 

What more can Henry ask in this point of his life? Having Super Junior as his family was enough for him and each day, he’ll be grateful that he didn’t face the world alone.

 

When the world was against him, 14 hands held his and they bravely faced the world.


a/n: I hope I had gotten my point across~