✿ review - half a page: madigraye

the blossoms of spring ✿ closed ✿
 
 
 
 
( madigraye )
 
story info
why is it so cold


username— madigraye
story title
— half a page
status of story— completed
characters— oc, byun baekhyun
reviewed by— luminous_star ( asteria )
Baekhyun is a student with a terrible secret that leads to his classmate finding him beaten and bloodied in a dumpster night after night. She chooses to start taking care of him despite his reluctance to tell her anything. They say secrets make you fall in love; it's no different for her.
 
summary
why are they so cold
 
review
if the ice melts

Title— "A Half A Page" sounds a little weird and awkward so maybe you could try "Half a Page" instead? It sounds more grammatically correct and it doesn't affect the relation that it has with the story.

Appearance— In all honesty, you wrote the story beautifully but what turned me off a little was the dividers that you used. Yes, they're nice but they don't seem to match the theme of the story- however, I did like the ones you used for the text messages. As for the layout, there's nothing much I can say because it matched the story pretty well- including the font and I think you did a good job, maintaining the font throughout the whole story. However, I didn't really see a need to make the quote in the foreword bigger- I understand that you wish to draw attention to it but there was really no need.

Grammar— Your overall grammar is pretty good but there were some slips here and there in the first few paragraphs that seriously confused me so I think I should point them out;

Paragraph 2: But the world was anger
— Did you actually mean angry or angered- because anger sounds weird.

You might want to revise your grammar a little. Try giving your story a once over and I think you should be able to spot the mistakes.

Spelling— Nothing wrong here so yeah.

Punctuation— Not much of an issue here too.

Realism— In most ways, I think the way you portrayed your characters very well and that they actually seem like real humans- I could honestly feel the emotions that you were trying to bring across and although I didn't shed a tear while reading this, I felt that whatever has taken place in the story is something that could actually happen in real life, with all the drug problems around the world and all that bull the world is putting us through. Anyway, my only question on the realism is that how was Baekhyun able to survive the first few times without the OC helping him out. Yep that's all.

Storyline— I was honestly thrown off by the plot of the story. When I read the description, I was like 'Oh, it's gonna be one of those cliche stories where the girl meets the boy and one of them die'. In a way, I did still have this feeling throughout the story but I honestly enjoyed the plot twists a lot. They took me off guard and I was genuinely pleased with how the story turned out.

Flow— The flow was just right. I didn't feel that it was too rushed or slow. Everything built up at the appropriate pace for the anticipated effect.

Overall Comments— The story gave off a lot of mystery and it opened many questions to me- some that the OC had and some that the OC didn't have. I was honestly glad when it was all revealed at the end and this story was definitely one of those sad ones that I enjoyed a lot. I'm sorry I didn't have much to say for your review because the way I work is that the better something is, the less I have to say about it. Anyway, keep up the good work! Hwaiting!

Disclaimer
please remember to credit the shop and reviewer with the banner below, linking back to the shop! It would be a great help, thanks!