The First Meeting

Of Love and Other Demons

If you guys like to listen to music while you read, you guys should switch to 50's just for this chapter....it would add a lot more to the mood of the chapter! For example a fun song  "Who put the Bomp (In the bomp bomp bomp )" by Barry Mann  


 

 

Youngjae's POV

"Good Afternoon, welcome to SHINee's Diner! My name is Youngjae, I’ll be your waiter today!" Youngjae bowed to the incoming customers and showed them their way to their booth. 

"Here are the menus. Most of the menu is American food so if you need any help, ask away! To start off, would you like anything to drink?" Youngjae smiled politely and waited for them to answer. He has been working in this diner since he went to high school and he was glad that the college nearby had accepted him. The diner was furnished with the 50's style, it also had an American menu with the usual burgers and shakes, and the diner blasted the best hits of the time which included Elvis Presley, Miles Davis, Luis Armstrong and many more. Younjgae's uniform was styled in a 50's matter  with a while collar button up and a yellow bow tie. His hair was slicked up to a Pompadour he wore black skinny jeans and black Dr. Martin's boots and a yellow apron to match his bow. He loved the Diner and it was his second home and family.

After they ordered their drink's Youngjae made his way back towards the kitchen where he saw his two coworkers bickering. Sunhwa and Onew, both  of them seem to be looking at a lone boy sitting by himself in one of the many booths.  To say the boy was beautiful was an understatement, Younjgae's jaw dropped. The lone boy had brown locks, tan skin, and his dark orb's were memorizing, too bad the boy was wearing a black mask that cover most of his face. The boy wore all black leather jacket and black jean to black converse.

 Youngjae walked up to his bickering friends. Sunhwa wore a pink pinup dress and had victory rolls in her hair while Onew wore basically the same this as Jae but a red bow and apron, "Yah! Noona instead of drooling over the guy go get his order!"

Sunhwa and Onew jumped startled by Youngjae. "Goodness! Jae! Don't startle us!"  Onew clasped his hand over his heart trying to breathe normally.

"I cannot go up to him!" Sunhwa pouted.

"Why!?" Youngjae eyed his pretty noona.

"Because...I'm too shy......" Sunhwa blushed and twirled her hair.

"What about you Onew-hyung?"  Youngjae asked the chicken loving freak.

"Nah man, that guy looks like a total douche, I mean look at him!" Onew pointed at the lone boy, " he gives me a weird vibe! You go Jae!"

Youngjae rolled his eyes, "Really hyung?! Fine whatever, just cover the other table for me then, here’s their order!" Youngjae ripped a page of his notepad and handed to Onew. Onew nodded happily and walked towards the back of the kitchen. Youngjae was about to go but a small frail hand hold onto his wrist, "What is it Noona!?"

"Can you ask him for his number?" Sunhwa pouted cutely.

Youngjae giggled, "I can't promise you anything, but I'll try my best!"

"Just work your charm Jae baby!" Sunhwa pinched Youngjae's cheeks, "YAh! Noona!" Youngjae blushed and walked away towards the  mysterious guy. Youngjae took a deep breath before he took the final steps towards the male.

"Good Afternoon, welcome to SHINee's Diner! My name is Youngjae I’ll be your waiter today!"  Youngjae bowed as said his rehearsed line perfectly like always and smiled showing his defined cheek bones more when the lone boy looked up at him.

"Hmm..hello..." the male had a melodic voice.

Youngjae handed the diner's menu, ""Here's the menu.... most of it is American food if you need any help, ask away! To start off, would you like anything to drink?"

The boy looked at the menu, quickly and glance back at Youngjae, " I will have a strawberry milkshake, the blueberry cheesecake, the number 2, and 3, please and thank you!"

Youngjae scribbled down the notepad and widen his eyes. " number two and three?"

The male nodded and his eyes turned into crescents, Youngjae knew he was smiling.

"Is anyone going to joining you today sir?" Youngjae asked, that was too much food for one man.

"Nope, it’s just me!" the male said cheerily.

Youngjae nodded and then paused, "WAHH!? That a lot of food!!"

The male answered "It's enough to stuff me up, I usually get more but before I came I ate a banana spilt!"

Youngjae blinked again, " How are you not fat!?" Youngjae mostly asked himself.

The male chuckled making Youngjae lose his concentration, "I guess I have good genes!"

Youngjae  gasped slammed his hand on his mouth, " I AM SO SORRY! That was really rude of me!" he bowed repeatedly.

The tanned boy chuckled more, "Don't worry about it! I wonder about that too!"

"Aish!" Youngjae rubbed his neck 'great way to mess up....sorry Noona...' 

"I'll bring your order right up sir!" Youngjae bowed again and turned around.

"Youngjae!" the male's melodic voice called him.

Youngjae turned around. He felt his face heat up and blushed ran through his cheeks, the mysterious male had taken off his mask and now was smiling widely at Youngjae. Youngjae had to compose himself and blinked a couple of times.

"Y-es?" Youngjae stuttered.

"Call me Daehyun!" the said boy smiled more.

Youngjae blushed more and nodded and walked back towards the kitchen where Onew and Sunhwa waited with news of the mysterious man.

"So what happened!?" Onew asked one Youngjae reached the kitchen.

Youngjae shook his head, "Nothing..."

Sunhwa pouted, "But you were talking to him for a while, we were watching!"

"Hmm...." Youngjae ignored his Noona.

"Hey Minho-hyung!" Youngjae shouted only to get ignored the older male was too busy making out with his boyfriend Taemin.

"YO FROG!" Youngjae shouted again.

This caught Minho's attention, "Yah! how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that!"

"Well if you listening to me the first time...." Minho ignored him and ravished his boyfriend's mouth again.

Youngjae rolled his eyes, 'Maybe Key-hyung would......never mind..." Youngjae turned around only to find Key being pinned to the wall by a dinosaur.....by Jonghyun.

"YAH! YOU ADDICTS GET TO WORK!" Youngjae shouted, "Onew-hyung why do you make them work together!?......hyung.....please drop the chicken leg...." Youngjae face-palmed.

Sunhwa laughed, "You should be used to it by now..."

Youngjae rolled his eyes, "I guess....hyungs this order better be ready  when I come back!"

"Yemphs!" Onew smiled still eating the fried chicken leg.

Youngjae and Sunhwa walked out of the kitchen and went to clean the booths.

"I love this song!" Sunhwa clapped her hands and started to sway her body to the beat of the song.  This was also one of Youngjae's favorite songs it was 'Can't Take My Eyes Off of You," by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons.

Youngjae knew this song by heart and started to sing along the song, " I love you, baby! And if it's quite alright, I need you, baby, to warm a lonely night. I love you, baby; trust in me when I say. Oh, pretty baby, Don't bring me down, I pray .Oh, pretty baby, now that I found you, stay. And let me love you, baby, let me love you.!"

Sunhwa smiled and started to sing with Youngjae, “You're just too good to be true; can't take my eyes off of you. You'd be like heaven to touch; I wanna hold you so much. At long last love has arrived, I thank God I'm alive. You're just too good to be true; can't take my eyes off of you."

Youngjae laughed as Sunhwa dance to the next song that came up it was more upbeat and the tone was great. Youngjae took Sunhwa's hand to face him started to dance with her "swing ‘ (which was the style of dance in the 50s) and started to swing his hips to the movement as his hands and feet twisted to the song. They heard someone clapping and the both turned around, it was lone mysterious guys smiling at them. Both Youngjae and Sunhwa blushed and turned around finishing cleaning up the booth. Youngjae and Sunwha  rushed to the kitchen still blushing from the incident.

"OMO!" Sunhwa covered her face, "Why did he have to see me like that! I looked so stupid!"

Youngjae hung his head low in shame agreeing with his friend, they really needed to stop dancing to every song that attracts them (this wasn't the first time it happened to them....it’s a usual thing....that's why the diner is popular its known for its 'entertainment')

"Hey Jae!" Key smiled at the blushing boy.

"Yes hyung?" Youngjae asked.

"The hot man's order is ready..." Key looked out the  window where waiters usually went up to get the food from the kitchen. Key looked where Daehyun was quietly sitting looking out the window. Everyone gather around the window and looked at the mysterious boy.

"Who is he?" Minho asked

"I don't know." Taemin looked memorized

"His name is Daehyun." Youngjae said his name effortlessly.

"Fit him perfectly!" Onew added.

"I would love to scream his name when he would----" Key was interrupted.

Sunwha gasped and smacked Key's shoulder, "GROSS! Don't say it!" Key was known of his ual remarks.

"I wouldn't mind either!" Jonghyun his lips.

Youngjae pinched the bridge of his nose, "Really hyung?!"

Youngjae grabbed the heavy tray with Daehyun's food and walked out the kitchen ignoring his hyungs dirty conversations, 'Poor Sunhwa..." Youngjae lip curled up  Luis Armstrong  "What A Wonderful World," was playing, Youngjae loved Louis Armstrong he was a wonderful music and he love the jazz feel to it.

Youngjae walked up to Daehyun who smiled widely at the younger boy. "Here's you Strawberry Shake, blueberry cheesecake...... your Double cheese burger and your Brooklyn Spaghetti and meat balls...." 

Daehyun smiled more one he saw all the food on the table, "This looks amazing Youngjae thanks!"

"Are you sure you can eat all of that?" Youngjae asked.

Daehyun laughed, "Maybe not.....it is a lot...Youngjae can you help me? It would be a reward for your nice dance!"

Youngjae blushed more, "Hmm...no thank you....I am still working!"

"Nonsense Youngjae-ah, take your break and eat with the cutie here!" Key appeared out of nowhere.

"For the love of cherry tomatoes! KEY-HYUNG YOU NEARLY GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!" Youngjae put his hand on his chest to relax his pounding heart.

Key rolled his eyes, "Sit..sit! Now you can't go complaining to Jaebum that I don't give you breaks!"

Youngjae stick his tongue out, "He will still beat you up if you make his baby upset!"

Key scoffed, "You wouldn't!"

"I know I love you too much!" Youngjae laughed.

"You sure do!"  and with that the annoying diva was gone, ( Youngjae knew how to deal with divas, his best friend was the one and only Kim Himchan queen of the divas....yes  I meant queen!)

"Who's Jaebum?" Daehyun asked quietly.

"Ah! He is my boyfriend," Youngjae blushed and he looked down missing the sad eyes of the boy across him.

Daehyun nodded, "Would you like the spaghetti Youngjae?"

Youngjae nodded, "Thanks!"

Youngjae started to eat his spaghetti happily, "So...Daehyun-hyung my friend Sunhwa....well not only Sunwha probably the whole staff has a crush on you..."

Daehyun chuckled, "Oh really? Does that include you too?"

Youngjae dropped his fork and laughed nervously, "haha......not really....but I wouldn't say you’re ugly..."

Daehyun laughed more, "So if I'm not ugly then what am I?"

"Hot." Youngjae slammed his hand on his mouth, '....I need to stop talking........' Youngjae didn't understand why he let that word out. It was as if his mind went blank and his body just went along with what it wanted, Daehyun gave him a weird calming sensation. It was scaring Youngjae, how could he be at ease with a total hot stranger. 'Maybe he is a demon.....demons are transform themselves into something beautiful and lure poor humans into sin........how do I know that well Taemin is a weird kid and reads lots of things and is intrigued in black magic and that sort of things.....' 

Daehyun broke into a laughing fit and slammed his table a couple times. Youngjae crossed his arms horizontally and pouted at the hyena.

"I'm sorry...." Daehyun gasped for air and wiped his tears away, "that was so cute."

Youngjae glared at Daehyun, "Was not!"

"Can I pinch you cheeks?" Daehyun reached over and pinched Youngjae's cheeks.

"YAH! DAEHYUN!" Youngjae swatted tan's boy hand away.

"Sorry, but you look so adorable pouting!" Daehyun chuckled.

Youngjae  grumbled and stabbed a meatball with his fork. 'Yes Daehyun is definitely a demon, he is was sent here for my doom, there is just something off about this kid.....but unfortunately I like it...I want to know more about him.....something about him lures me in..'

"So what do you do when you’re out of work? Do you go to school?" Daehyun asked.

"I go to the university down the street..." Youngjae answered bitterly taking a bite of the meatball.

"REALLY!?" Daehyun was excited, "I go there too!"

"Wah?" Youngjae smiled.

"Yupp! 1st year! I moved from Busan!" Daehyun exclaimed.

"Ahh explains the thick accent!" Youngjae giggled Daehyun pouted.

"Hey! I don't have an accent!" Daehyun glared.

"It's okay I like it!" Youngjae smiled, "Hey Daehyun we might have some classes together!"

"You think?" Daehyun asked nervously.

"Yeah.....what classes do you have?" Youngjae was now excited too, he loved making new friends.

"Well I have English at noon every other day.....Music class after that...oh and Biology at 9 morning with a funny professor name Kang---"

"Shut up!" Youngjae exclaimed, "I have Kang too! Hey tomorrow you should sit with me and my friends!"

"Really?" Daehyun asked.

Youngjae nodded enthusiastically, "My hyungs would love you! Though I have to warn you, Himchan is one feisty and sassy diva....and Youngguk when he gets mad you get the hell out of there! Haha, don't be nervous...other than that it will be great!"

 

Daehyun's POV:

"Really....your asking me not to be nervous?" Daehyun laughed nervously.

The chubby cheek boy laughed, "Don't worry Daehyunnie I'll talk care of you!"

"Daehyunnie?" Daehyun raise an eyebrow.

Youngjae slammed his hand on his mouth.....again and cursed himself for letting another stupid word let out.

Daehyun felt his cheeks heat up and laughed, "I like it Youngjae!"

Youngjae blushed and continued to eat his spaghetti. Unfortunately after that the diva Key interrupted them and started to ask many question. Daehyun got shy since the man was overpowering. Daehyun nodded or shook his head at most of the questions. In reality he was a really a shy guy, and this was his first time acting outgoing in his life. Youngjae brought out something different from him.

Youngjae was something else....like a drug no more like a demon. A demon that drew him in, he could describe Youngjae as a demon. A demon who was making him sin; to lust for a man he couldn't have. To say this was Daehyun's first time seeing Youngjae was a lie. Daehyun first set his eyes on the younger boy when he entered his science class. 

Daehyun remembers the first day of class clearly.  He sat himself far in the back far away from anyone, not that he was unfriendly he was just shy and didn't know how to start a conversation and especially in a new place. Daehyun like usual wore all black and his favorite black mask. Kang after quick introduction of the class went start to the topic, there were over 50 people in the class and at first he didn't meet Youngjae. But when Kang asked a question the cheeky boy was the one who answered it.

Daehyun was first intrigued the melodic voice and had to turn around and that’s when he first saw Yoo Youngjae, the boy who had made him feel and act in strange ways. The chocolate brown eyes the scuplted cheek bones and his dark memorizing eyes, it was all that was in his mind.  After that fateful day Daehyun could not take that boy's face out of his mind.

After that Daehyun saw Youngjae everywhere, he mostly hung out with two males one who Daehyun described as too pretty and the other one as too scary. He would see Youngjae with a group of really pretty girls one who was the girl named Sunhwa, who Youngjae danced with earlier. And unfortunately  Daehyun saw Youngjae with him, Im Jaebum the notorious, obnoxious, popular, and star of the boxing team in campus. Daehyun envied that man so much, and wondered how an like him could get a sweetheart like Youngjae. Youngjae would always run up to Jaebum  giving him kisses and hugs. Daehyun thought Youngjae looked cute when he would get excited everytime he saw his boyfriend the pink tint on his cheeks and the glow in his dark orbs were too much for Daehyun to handle

Yes, Yoo Youngjae was a demon that made him sin. Lust, envy, wrath and greed that’s what he felt. Lust first of all he was the one that wanted to be the one kissing and touching Youngjae. Envy he felt it and it anger him (wrath) that Jaebum was the one with Youngjae. And greed, he just wanted more of Youngjae and couldn’t get enough. Yoo Youngjae was the boy who was going to send him straight to Hell since he was already a sloth, a glutton and he was quite prideful. Before he knew it he had the bundle package of the seven deadly sins on his lap. 

Today was just his lucky day, he was able to talk to the boy that made him sin. Was it fate that he was going to meet him today or was the devil himself part of this plan to lead Daehyun to the path of pain and despair? Honestly Daehyun did not care, he was infatuated with the boy.

He loved seeing him dressed up and now he had found out that Youngjae could sing as well, it only made his infatuation greater. Youngjae to him was perfection. He was lucky Jaehyo had recommended him the diner, he was happy he listened to his hyung’s advice  for once.

"Earth to Daehyun!" Youngjae waved his small hand over Daehyun's face.

"Wah!?" Daehyun blinked.

"Well you blanked out and left me talking to myself!" Youngjae pouted.

"Sorry Youngie!" Daehyun smiled warily.

"It's okay, so I'll see you tomorrow right?" Youngjae asked as he walked Daehyun to the cash register where Sunhwa was waiting patiently.

Daehyun smiled at her as she passed him the check, Daehyun's eyes widen, "You must be mistaken all the food didn't cost that much, the bill is too low!"

"Usual’s discount!" Sunhwa smiled.

"But I'm not a usual..." Daehyun looked at the bill.

"I have a feeling you will be!" Sunhwa smiled.

Daehyun laughed, "You're right about that!" 

Once Daehyun paid the bill and left a tip (which was a lot considering how low the bill was) he waved goodbye to his new friend and walked out  the diner.  He turned around and saw Youngjae already cleaning the booth. 'What has this boy done to me.....I feel chills....but then I feel numb... I can't explain the feelings I have for him.....they are all jumbled up today....I don't think I will take Youngjae out of my mind any time soon. Youngjae will be my downfall... I don’t know how I will be able to be around him….'

'Yoo Youngjae you are my sin...' Daehyun  looked at the boy one last time.

 


A/N: I love the 50's music! ( my friend dresses in that style and listens

to the music so she inspired me to make Youngjae work in a 50's diner!)

What do you guys think of Daejae's first encounter!?

Thanks for reading and Subscribing! <3

Fun fact: The title Of Love and Other Demons comes form a spanish novel ( Del amor y otros demonios) that I have been meaning to read this summer but haven't had time, also the stories have no similarites, I just really liked the title!