part 1

Day 98: 48 to 100

 

It was December once again. The snow starts covering the busy streets of Seoul. Christmas is just around the corner and joy was everywhere. However, the heir of Jang Corporation seemed to be bothered by something else. There he was, sitting alone inside his car that was parked near the Han River. He was contemplating whether to or not to call Taeyeon just yet.

 

“Eottoke?” Wooyoung asked himself with a deep sigh. He was in deep confusion.

 

“This would surely ruin... my image... But...”

 

He stared at his phone again. He looked at the wallpaper he's had since day 68. He lets out an exasperated sigh.

 

“This is hopeless...” He tossed his phone to the backseat.

 

He could not call her. It seems like this would be the first time though. What did the first snowfall do to our invincible Jang Wooyoung?

 

Again, he looked at his phone which he tossed earlier. Gathering enough courage, he reached to his phone on the backseat. Just as he was about to reach it, it started ringing.

 

“Crap!” Wooyoung yelled.

 

Just as he has gathered his courage to call her, she comes calling his phone. Wooyoung swore his heart escaped into the thin air with the snows.

 

He looked at the screen to make sure he's not mistaken.

 

“It's really her...”

 

The phone was already ringing for about a minute. Wooyoung shook his head and got back to reality.

 

“Yobosae-”

 

“Y-Yah! Why wouldn't you answer me immediately?” The girl screamed on the other line.

 

“Yah!” It was now Wooyoung's turn to yell. “I...I was still trying to find where I put my phone so...”

 

“Okay okay, enough. L-Let's meet up.”

 

Wooyoung's eyes widened, if that was even possible.

 

“Hey! You still there?”

 

“Ne... Eodi?” Wooyoung asked.

 

“L-Lotte World.”

 

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon, what's with the stuttering?” Wooyoung teased. He finds her stuttering to be really cute.

 

“NOTHING!” Wooyoung swore his eardrums got damaged.

 

“Could you please stop screaming? I know I'm hot and all but...”

 

“Bye.”

 

“Yah! Kim Taeyeon! Taeyeon-ah!”

 

She had already dropped the call.

 

“Why not tell me where the hell in Lotte World?”

 

He, again, tossed his phone to the back seat.

 

“She likes ruining my most dramatic moments, doesn't she?”

 

*      *      *       *       *      *

 

On the other hand, Taeyeon firmly held her phone between her trembling palms. She doesn't know how she'll tell him, it was a good thing she survived the phone call part.

 

“Hyu~” She sighed.

 

She noticed the white snowflakes showering the city outside. Her heart fluttered and without knowing it, tears started rolling down her cheeks. She wiped them gently and took a deep breath.

 

“This has to happen...”

 

*      *      *       *       *      *

 

Wooyoung managed to get to Lotte World fifteen minutes after Taeyeon's phone call. His heart was racing beats. Finally, this time has come. He got out of his car and entered the mall.

 

There were Christmas decorations everywhere. A giant christmas tree was on the main lobby which was illuminated by silvers and white light. Wooyoung stopped on his tracks.

 

Green goes best with white...”

 

Wae?”

 

Nothing... I just like it that way...”

 

You're always saying nonsense stuffs; such a weird girl.”

 

What did you say?”

 

I said you're weird...”

 

JANG WOOYOUNG!”

 

He smiled at the thought of it. Wait, isn't he supposed to meet her now? Just as he was looking left and right, gaining the attention of late night shoppers, his phone rang.

 

Startled with the different ring tone, he reached his pocket and picked up the call. It was her.

 

“Now you've upgraded you're subscription, huh.” he teased.

 

“I bet you tossed your phone on the back seat once again, right?”

 

“Right.” Wooyoung bit his lip. “Where are you?”

 

“Look above you.”

 

Wooyoung looked up. “I can only see this gigantic christmas tree.” he muttered.

 

“Pabo-yah... I'm here, third floor, waving my hands like an idiot.”

 

Wooyoung scanned the third floor, the area near the christmas tree, and there she was, really waving her hands lamely.

 

“Yes, you look like an idiot.”

 

* * * * * *

 

Wooyoung finally got to meet Taeyeon. Oh how he wish his heart wouldn't beat that much loud. She might hear it, he'll get so much teasing for sure. It could be reserved for later, right?

 

“So, what's up?” Wooyoung decided to break the five-minute silence.

 

“I... Let's go somewhere else.” She grabbed Wooyoung's arm and dragged him where she was watching the snowflakes a while ago.

 

“Y-Yah!”

 

Once they reach the place, Taeyeon lets go of his arm.

 

“Now, what is this all about?” Wooyoung asked.

 

“I'm sorry for dragging you all the way here...” Taeyeon's voice came out soft. Her rudeness and overflowing power has gone away. “Actually, I have something to tell you...”

 

She hung her head low and stared on the marble floor.

 

Actually, I was about to call you a little while ago as well. I have something to tell you as well. I have to tell you...”

 

“What is it?”

 

His heart was racing beats once again. Taeyeon looked at him, straight into the eye. Wooyoung gulped.

 

“Let's stop this...”