Too Much

Grasshopper Hunting: Gone Wrong

Jae Suk sighed to himself, as he put on his jumper. The weather was cold, and he was not feeling too well since Friday. He had a fever and a bad throat, but had been feeling a little better.

"Are you sure you don't want to contact the PD?" His wife asked.

Jae Suk sighed again. "I can't do that... I think I'm alright. I'd be able to cope today. I'm already feeling a lot better. Besides, PD Myuk hinted to me that today its just small games, and no chases, I'm OK with that," Jae Suk said, and looked down at his watch, picking up his bag. "I'm going to be late, see you tomorrow morning dear!" Jae Suk kissed his wife on the cheek before hurrying out of the door. 

---------------

Everything was going quite well up till now. They have been doing some team games, with Jae Suk being teamed up with Gary and Haha, going around playing ball games and tossing games. Up till now, Jae Suk was able to handle it, and managed to be as jovial and normal as he usually is. 

"Hyung, you ok?" Haha asked, patting Jae Suk on the back as they arrived at the final location. "Noticed you look a little tired," 

Jae Suk shook his head, grinning. "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm just wondering what is the final mission, eh? 

Everyone had met up at the final location, in a national park filled with forests and hiking trails that was really beautiful in the evening sun. "Wow, what are we playing here today? Daebak...!" Jihyo commented, looking around with excitement. 

"Today, you guys will be doing individual missions," PD said, handing out Mission Cards. The cast all picked a card and turned it around to read it. 

"Oh we have to find something?" Suk Jin said, blinking as he read what the card says. 

"Ah... Okay," Kwang Soo nodded, putting a hand up to his face nervously. "I don't know why... but... I feel nervous, Hyung!" Kwang Soo said, chuckling and nudging Jong Kook. Jong Kook nodded, looking around, and then back at the PD. 

"Isn't this a little too easy to be the final mission?" Jong Kook said, an everyone turned to look at Jong Kook, knowing he had a point. Maybe there's a guest, or a game that they were not prepared for.


Jae Suk, on the other hand, looks a little worried, but his composure did not falter. "Alright, start!!" The PD blew the honk, and the Running Men all set off to find the scrolls hidden around the park. Jae Suk stayed behind a little, turning towards the PD. "Myuk, are you sure this is just the mission? There's nothing else?" Jae Suk asked. Myuk shook his head earnestly. Like he always did. They never revealed things to the cast. 
 

Perhaps Jae Suk should tell the staff about his condition. Jae Suk took in a deep breath. "Actually... I...." Jae Suk looked at all the staff, looking nervously at him, wondering if there's a problem. Afterall, he was feeling fine. It would be alright to just finish this mission, and it'd be done. It's just finding things. It wasn't an elimination game. 

"It's nothing, I'll be off now! Come, Kwon Ryeol," Jae Suk grinned and beckoned to his VJ. "Ahh... I hope I can find them quickly... My back is killing me..."

----------------------------

 

45 Minutes into the Mission

Something was changing. All the Running Men knew that strange feeling when the mission is all too easy. There was something else... 

"Have you found the scrolls yet, hyung?" Gary asked, seeing Jae Suk hanging around the path, leaning against a lamp post. The sky had grown darker in that 45 minutes - it would be dark soon. Jae Suk wasn't feeling that well, but he already found five scrolls out of the 30 that the Running Men had to find. "I found 5..." Jae Suk started. Gary blinked, looking at his fellow Running Man. 

Then suddenly, across the deserted park, the PA system boomed. Startled, Jae Suk and Gary both looked up, their eyes wide. "Huh...?" 

"THIS IS HUNTER."

That voice! It was unmistakable. Gary and Jae Suk looked at each other, and in that moment, they did not know whether to laugh or to cry. "Min Soo Hyung! It's Choi Min Soo!" Jae Suk said immediately, alarmed. "Is it another one of his hunts again?!" Gary gasped, shaking his head in sheer horror. "Oh my god! I don't want this! Ahhhh! Min Soo hyung is too scary!!"

Jae Suk looked at Kwon Ryeol, his mouth dropped open. "It's a chase tonight," Jae Suk said. Those words seem heavy. He could feel a headache coming. 

"Don't let me catch you, grasshopper. I'll shut that mouth of yours like I vowed to. I am coming for you."

"Hyung!!" Gary cried out in fear. "He's after you! Ommo!!" Gary put a hand on his mouth, and then patted Jae Suk on the back. "You have to hide!"

Jae Suk agreed. "Ahhhh.... dammit. Not one of these hunts again. Why is it always me?!" Jae Suk said, half sighing and half laughing at the camera. Gary laughed. "See you later hyung, survive!!" The rapper ran off down towards the main park area. 

"He's right, Kwon Ryeol, let's hide up there, I really can't run anymore, I'm too tired," Jae Suk said, hurrying up the steep hiking path till he reached the dark trees. "Whoa... this place gives me the creeps at night... Wh-!!" Jae Suk noticed something. It wasn't a camera man. It was someone clad in black. 

It was Choi Min Soo!

"Ahhh!!!" Jae Suk turned and ran. It was instinct. He knew how Min Soo was like when he played games. He was scary - he was fast - he was strong and he was definitely ruthless. Why of all days it had to be today? 

"JAE SUK AH!! " 

Jae Suk cried out as he turned around, seeing the black figure come down the hill. 

He felt his legs give way, and he fell onto the leaf littered slope in an embarrassing way. It hurt quite a lot. Min Soo caught up with him as he was just trying to get up, grabbing Jae Suk's jacket's hood and pulling him up. Jae Suk cried out in shock, and turned to look at Min Soo. "Ah... Hyung!" Jae Suk said, laughing in a tortured manner. He was trying hard to maintain, but he felt his head throb, and his legs were like jelly.

Jae Suk did not feel well at all. 

"Jae Suk ah.... How could you let me catch you like this?" Min Soo asked in a scary voice. Even if it was variety, it was a little too scary - seeing how Min Soo is an accomplished actor, and that he was big in size and very, very strong. Jae Suk shook his head. "Ah... Min Soo Hyung..." Jae Suk wanted to say something witty, like he usually did, but his mind was suddenly blank, and he had to squeeze his eyes shut to make it stop. 

"I want to duel with you again, face to face, do you hear me?" Min Soo asked, tightening his grip on the grasshopper. 

"..... Hyung..." Jae Suk only barely managed to let out a small laughter. 

"Speak up!!" Min Soo said, grasping Jae Suk's name tag. 

"Hyung!!!!" Jong Kook dashed out from the trees, tackling Min Soo, and the three fell to the ground again. It was like a gigantic mess, with leaves strewn all around them. Jae Suk's head was ringing, and the world was spinning. What in the world is going on?! Was that Jong Kook?

"Min Soo hyung!" Jong Kook said, grinning, pulling Jae Suk and Min Soo apart. 

"Jong Kook!!!" Min Soo growled, and Jong Kook jumped, stepping backwards. Min Soo grabbed both Jae Suk and Jong Kook, dragging them up the hill. 

"Min Soo..." Jae Suk said, grabbing at Min Soo's sleeve which was dragging him by the hood. Min Soo's other hand was firecely locked on Jong Kook's back. He effortlessly dragged the two running man up the hill. "I'll finish you two off, the Commander and the grasshopper,"

"Min Soo hyung! Come on, don't be like this," Jong Kook said. 

"Min Soo hyung, stop, don't..." Jae Suk muttered as Min Soo pressed them both on the ground, his hands on their chest to prevent them fromt getting up. "I'm going to tear you, Grasshopper, But first..." Min Soon bent down, scrabbling at Jong Kook's back as Jong Kook tried to resist. The camera men filmed the ball of mess. Jae Suk was caught in the middle of the mess struggling to break free. This was serious. he had to tell Min Soo he wasn't feeling well anymore. But Min Soo had come all the way to film this show... 

But he was suffocating. Jae Suk felt really sick as he felt Min Soon sit on top of him, pinning him down to the ground. He could not... Jae Suk reached up, grabbing Min Soo's jacket. Min Soo was wrestling fiercely with Jong Kook, and felt Jae Suk's hand pulling his jacket. "Hyung... hyung..." Jae Suk tried to call out to Min Soo in the shouting match between Jong Kook and him. But his voice....

"Jae Suk!!" Min Soo cried out, twisting his body , and pushed Jae Suk down to the ground forcefully, thinking that Jae Suk was trying to rip his nametag.

Jae Suk felt a blow as his body hit the ground again, and it proved to be too much. His vision suddenly went black, and the sounds around him died away... 

"Raaaaagh!" Min Soo finally tore  Jong Kook's tag and held it up into the air victoriously, as the Tiger got up with disappointment. "Ahhh...." 

Min Soo looked down at Jae Suk, whom he was sitting on, and then he suddenly stopped, dropping the Tiger's nametag. The cameramen lowered down their cameras, and the PD who had come up to see the progress of the game stepped forwards. "Jae Suk?" 

Jae Suk was lying on the leaf-littered forest path under Minsoo, his eyes closed and his face pale. Min Soo got up immediately, kneeling beside the MC and held his head in his hands. "Jae Suk ah! Jae Suk!" Min Soo said, anxious. Something had happened. Jae Suk was now lying unconcious on the ground. "Jae Suk!" But MC Yoo was unresponsive. The cameramen all set down their cameras and ran to Jae Suk's side. 

"Jae Suk Hyung!" Jong Kook called out. "Oh... no, stop the filming. Get an ambulance! Jae Suk hyung!"

 

In a matter of minutes, the entire cast and crew had gathered, and attempted to wake Jae Suk up. "He's having a fever," Min Soo said, his hand on Jae Suk's forehead. Jae Suk was now lying on a rolled up towel and a sheet that they laid down while waiting for paramedics to arrive. They placed a wet towel on his forehead, and called his name, but to no avail. 

Min Soo got up. "I'l carry him down to the gates. That way he'll get to the hospital faster. Come on! Hurry!" Min Soo growled, squatting down as the cast scurried to lift the limp Jae Suk onto Min Soo's back. Min Soo stood up, with Jae Suk lying on his back, and hurried down the slope towards the park gates. 

 

----

TBC