Chapter 1 : The News & Reaction

We Got Ma[R]ried

“Wake up!”, I heard Manager Unnie calling from the living room. Her voice was bouncing off the walls and into my ears. MyoJeong slapped my as she passed by my bed, “Let's go”, she said. I groaned a no and put a pillow over my head. It's too early for me to process anything. Besides, it's a Saturday, isn't it day off day?

 

“Do you want to get scolded again, unnie?” Minhye pushed me off my bed. The pillow on my head fell and so did I. I quickly got up and shot her a glare. She innocently smiled at me and walked out of the room, following MyoJeong, Sol-Mi, and JuYeon to the living room. I picked up my pillow, tossed it onto my bed, and walked out the door. “Sorry to bother you girls on your day off” Manager Unnie said as she saw me walking out of the room.

 

We all sat on the couch, yawning and fixing our hair as Manager Unnie watched us. She placed a box of donuts and starbucks coffee on the table in front of us and sat beside it, “Help yourself”, she offered. I took one of the coffees and carefully took a sip. The rest of the girls took both a donut and coffee and sat back down. “So what's up?”, MyoJeong asked before taking a bite of her donut.

Manager Unnie smiled and looked at us, “One of you girls...” she started, “Will be the next bride on this season's We Got Married.”

 

“Jeongmal?”, JuYeon said, excitedly. Manager unni nodded. We all looked at each other wondering who the lucky or unlucky person is. Minhye wiped , “Nugu?”, she asked. “Sooyeon”, she leaned over and patted my head. I choked as I heard my name. What? Me? “Mwo?”, I shouted, almost spitting out the coffee in my mouth. “You heard me”, she smiled. I placed the coffee on the table and sat back down, “To whom am I gonna get married to?”, I asked. I could hear the other girls chuckling and giggling beside me. I can't get married! I'm too young and beautiful.

 

“Eunhyuk of Super Junior”, I heard her say. I swear my heart sunk when I heard the name come out of . The girls all shot me a sheepish smile and said “Ey”. I gritted my teeth and glared at them. Why did it have to be Eunhyuk? Manager unni looked at us suspiciously, “Why is there a problem?”, she asked. There's about a million, but I can't reject this offer. I shook my head and said no. “Arraseo, you better get packing”, she got up from the table. “When do they start?”, Sol-Mi asked. “Tomorrow they move in to their new house” She answered. Our own house? This is too much, but I should be excited. I watched as Manager Unni made her way out the living room and towards the front door. “By the way”, she stopped, holding the gold door knob, “Eunhyuk will be picking you up at 11 for your lunch date”, she said before walking.


I ran towards her, but she slammed the door at me. “I guess she's busy”, Minhye patted my shoulder. I turned around and hugged her, “Dongsaeng”, I said. She hugged back and patted my head, “Gwenchanayo”, she said. I looked at her and sighed. “I guess”

 

“Isn't this your dream?” She asked. I nodded, “Yeah.” “See? It's a dream come true. Don't panic” She replied. She then walked back to the living room and joined the others. What a great way to start my Saturday. I walked towards our bedroom and hopped on my bed. I'm awake and need time to process.

 

Flashback

“Sooyeon, why do you have pictures of asian guys on your phone” Robert, my old elementary classmate, teased as he browsed through my phone. I quickly grabbed it from him and hid my face in embarrassment, “Nothing”, I said. He shook his head and walked away. I looked at the picture he saw. “It's not what it looks like”, I shouted, hoping he could still hear me or if he was even listening.

 

I sighed and walked towards the other girls. They sat at the end of the basketball gym's bleacher, talking and laughing as lunch time passed by. I ran to them and sat next to Juyeon. I leaned my head on her shoulder and pouted. She patted my head and asked me what was wrong. My aura screamed out 'sad'. I was an open book that they could easily read.

 

“Robert saw Eunhyuk's pictures in my phone” I answered. I buried my face in my hands and pretended to cry. Sol-Mi sat beside me, “What's wrong with that?”, she asked. I really don't know what was wrong with it? I looked at her and frowned, “He'll go and tell the other boys in our class” I said. I guess that's the bad thing, but then again, I don't really care if they do. “What's wrong with that?” She raised her left eyebrow in confusion. I sighed, “Well they'll go and start teasing me.” The teasing would get annoying at some point, I guess. But my love for Eunhyuk will prevail.

 

Minhye and MyoJeong chuckled, “Don't worry about it” Minhye said. “Who's picture did he see?” MyoJeong asked, grabbing my phone from my hands. “Eunhyuk”, I answered. “Your future husband, huh?” Juyeon joked. I nodded and smiled. Sol-Mi ran her fingers through my hair, “Don't worry. If they tease you, Juyeon will go and kick their sorry asses”, she said, trying to make me feel better. Oh Eunhyuk, one day we'll meet and fall in love. I laughed and looked at them, “I love you guys”, I said. Soon that day will come.

 

End of Flashback

 

Eunhyuk's POV

 

“Hyuk” I heard Leeteuk hyung's voice call my name. I placed the weights down on the floor, “In here” I yelled from the work-out room. He walked in with his usual dimple smile and sat in front of me, “Hyuk-ah”, he said. I nodded and raised my eyebrows at him, “Mwo, gwenchanayo?”,I asked.

 

“I’m fine”, He said.I wonder what’s up with him?

 

“Then why’d you call for me?”, I asked. Just tell me already. I was slowly getting nervous as his eyes looked at me creepily. He still didn’t reply to my question, “Yah! Just spit it out”, I slapped him on his leg.

 

He laughed and looked at me, “You’re going to be the groom on this season’s, We Got Married.” Did he just say what I think he just said? I looked at him with wide eyes, “Jinjja?” He nodded and smiled sheepily. Not that smile. “What’s with the smile?”. I asked, feeling a bit creep out. I wonder who my wife is. “Guess who’s your wife?”, he said. Is it SOOYOUNG? Oh, I hope it is.

 

“Sooyoung?”, I excitedly asked. He shook his head and gave me the ‘why would you even guess that?’ face. “Then who?”, I asked, feeling a bit disappointed. He stood up and said, “Sooyeon from Lumina.” Oh, she’s good too. “Oh”, I said. He looked at me with a hint of annoyed feeling. “When does filming start?”, I asked. He sighed as if he lost interest in talking to me, “Monday, but you move in to WGM house tomorrow”, he said. He slowly made his way out of the room. Did I say something bad?

 

I stood up and followed behind him. He stopped in his tracks and turned to me, “By the way, you have a lunch reservation at Fuera Lu Cuarte with her today”, he said. I nodded and said okay. He then continued to walk away. “Hyung”, I called walking beside him, “Did I say something to get you angry?” He stopped once again and stared me in the eye.

 

“I was excited knowing you’re paired up with Sooyeon, but I guess that doesn’t matter since all you want is Sooyoung” He scolded. How do I react to this? “I didn’t say that I wasn’t happy that I’m paired up with Sooyeon”, I replied. He looked away and let out a breath of air, “It’s not about Sooyeon. It’s about Sooyoung”, he said. I took a step back, “What’s wrong with her?”, my voice grew louder.

 

“You know what? Nevermind. Just don’t forget about your lunch date and to pack for tomorrow” Leeteuk walked away knowing this argument was going nowhere. I looked down, trying to process what had just happened between hyung and I. I looked at my watch and noticed that is was already 10:30 AM. I better go and get ready. I guess a shower will help me cool down.

 

END OF EUNHYUK POV.

 

An hour later… (No One’s POV)

 

Eunhyuk hopped inside his car and drove out of their apartment’s parking lot. Earlier he’d received a text telling him to pick up Sooyeon in her dorm which he’s about to do now. He bit his lips as he attentively watched the road. “Hyung”, he said under his breath, still feeling about their argument earlier. He felt guilty and bad all over. It was not a good day for a date for him.

 

He brushed his hair back and sighed, “I’ll deal with him when I get home”, he said to himself. He turned into Lumina’s driveway and parked. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful. He stepped out, locked his car, and walked up to Lumina’s front door. “Be calm”, he mouthed. He took a deep breath and cracked his hands together before ringing the oval shaped doorbell. “Ding Ding Ding” , The bell sound echoed.

 

The door opened and there to greet him was Juyeon. “Annyeonghasaeyo”, He bowed. Juyeon opened the door fully and stepped aside, “Eunhyuk Sunbae, come in”, she smiled. He walked in feeling nervous and awkward all around. “Sooyeon!”, Juyeon called her name out as she walked pass Eunhyuk. He followed behind her to their living room, where Sooyeon stood in front of a tall self standing mirror.

 

“Wow”, Eunhyuk said in his mind seeing Sooyeon wear a knee length white sun dress. “Your date’s here”, Juyeon informed as she stood and hovered behind her. Sooyeon turned around innocently, looking a bit shocked at Eunhyuk. “Oh, Sunbae”, she quickly bowed, “I’m sorry for making you wait.” Eunhyuk took a couple of steps toward her and stared her up and down, “No, you didn’t. I just came.” Sooyeon looked relieved. She grabbed her purse on a desk near her, “I’m ready”, she said. Eunhyuk held out his hand and Sooyeon took it. Her heart was about ready to burst any second. “Awe”, Sol-Mi, Minhye, & MyoJeong sang.

 

“Smile”, Juyeon said, appearing in front of them with a camera. “Unnie, Geuman-ni Jebal”, Sooyeon hid her face. Eunhyuk laughed and grabbed her hand. He held it and smiled for the picture.  *CHEUK* the camera flashed and Juyeon cheered. “Don’t be out too late now”, MyoJeong said walking beside Juyeon,”Wear protection”, she then mouthed. “Let’s go”, Sooyeon quickly gripped on Eunhyuk’s hand and lead him outside. “Bye”, Eunhyuk waved as they immediately left the room. The door slammed behind them and inside the girls couldn’t stop laughing. “What would she do without us”, Minhye grinned.

 

Outside, the two walked hand in hand towards Eunhyuk’s car. Eunhyuk lead her to the passenger’s seat and opened the door for her. “Thank you”, she said trying not to blush. Her stomach was infested with butterflies and her saliva kept trying to choke her by not going down . They buckled their seatbelts and drove out of her driveway.

 

Eunhyuk looked from the side of his eyes at Sooyeon, who sat awkwardly beside him. “So We Got Married huh?”, Eunhyuk tried breaking the ice. Sooyeon looked at him and nodded, “Pairing up celebrities because the producers have no pairs themselves.”, she joked. She held her hands together as they kept shaking on her lap. Eunhyuk laughed and nodded, “Exact point of the show”, he said. The awkwardness vanished a little and jokes were tossed back and forth through the entire ride to the restaurant.

 

“Here we are”, Eunhyuk opened the car door for Sooyeon. She looked at the restaurant, “fancy”, she said. An employee approached them and Eunhyuk gave him his keys. He then held Sooyeon’s hand, leading her inside the five star restaurant. Eunhyuk could feel the slight shake in her hands. He sent her a soft squeeze, trying to calm her nerves. They stopped at the receptionist podium, “Table for two please”, Eunhyuk said. The receptionist looked up, “Do you have a reservation, sir?”, the middle aged man asked. His eyes looked surprised and a big smile was suddenly plastered on his serious looking face, “Omo, Eunhyuk-ssi & Sooyeon-ssi”, he said like a hormonal teen fan girl.

 

Sooyeon and Eunhyuk looked at each other and chuckled, “We have a reservation under Mr. Park Jungsu”, Eunhyuk answered, holding back his laughter. The man looked at his clipboard and nodded, “Oh right this way sir and madam”, he quickly led them to the restaurant’s upstairs VIP room. A table was set near the glass windows that had an amazing view of the city. “Here you are”, the man pointed at their table. “Gumawa”, Sooyeon bowed her head and smiled. The man looked as if he was about to faint in excitement. Eunhyuk pulled out a chair for Sooyeon before sitting down.

 

The man left and finally, the two of them were alone. “He’s not a fan”, Sooyeon giggled. Eunhyuk smiled, flashing his pearly whites, “Yeah, I know right?” They took a minute to look around them. There weren’t a lot of people in the VIP room. There were mostly business men and some old couples that kept glancing at their table. “So, how do you feel about the whole WGM concept of moving in with each other?”, Sooyeon asked. Eunhyuk leaned back in his chair and thought for a second. “I’m fine with it”, he answered. “But are you?”, he shot back the question. She nodded and looked out the glass window, “I’m just scared of your fans”, she answered. He looked at her and laughed, “I didn’t think about that.”

 

A waiter came and handed them both menus, “What would you like to drink?”, he asked. The two of them opened the menus and skimmed through. “I’ll have an iced tea, please”, Sooyeon said softly. The waiter wrote it down in his notepad then looked at Eunhyuk. He looked up and said “Coke” The waiter wrote it down and repeated both of their orders before walking away to fetch them.

 

Silence stood between once again. They both uncomfortably looked at their menus trying to look occupied and not to make eye contact. “Don’t be awkward...Just be yourself, Sooyeon” She kept shouting in her head. Eunhyuk, on the other hand, was looking around to find a topic to talk about. “So..”, they said simultaneously closing their menus and putting it down.

 

The waiter approached them once again, “Here are your drinks”, he said placing their orders in front of them. “Kamsahamnida”, Eunhyuk said, bowing his head a little. The waiter then pulls out his notepad again, “Now, may I take your order?”, he asked. The guy looked tense as if he was trying his best not to screw up. “Um” They said simultaneously again. Eunhyuk signaled Sooyeon to go first and so she did. “I’ll have a hamburger steak with a side of sautéed kankum”, she handed the guy her menu. Eunhyuk gave the guy time to write Sooyeon’s order down before he said his. “I’ll have your grilled steak, medium rare and a tiny bowl of mashed potato and gravy”, he said once the waiter had finished writing. The waiter repeated their order before leaving once again.

 

“It’s awkward isn’t it?”, Sooyeon said suddenly. Her hands gripped on the handle of her chair as those words escaped . Eunhyuk looked down and laughed, “I tried not make it, but it can’t be helped.”, he said, shaking his head. Sooyeon let out a breath of air out of relief. “Can we not feel this way?” she asked him innocently. “How?”  The two of them looked at each other and felt silly. “By treating the four months of living with each other as a long sleepover”, she said. Eunhyuk nodded, “Alright”

 

It wasn’t the best plan or even the most serious one to follow, but it helped them loosen up a to each other. “But isn’t it weird to have a sleepover with someone much older than you?”, Eunhyuk asked. Sooyeon began to laugh, “Not if you grew up in my country”, she said. “There it’s more like a normal thing than a malicious act” Eunhyuk’s lips formed into a smirk,”Where is this place?” he said, “I should live there”

 

They began to share stuff about themselves as they waited for their meal to arrive. More and more people began looking at them as their laughter and voices grew louder. “This is exactly how I imagined it would be” Sooyeon thought looking at Eunhyuk laughing across from her. Time flew by quickly and soon their order had arrived.

 

Instead of acting clean and classy, both of them dug into their food as if they had transformed into wild farm animals. Eunhyuk felt surprisingly at ease as he observed Sooyeon. “You have something on your face”, he said. She looked up with and cheeks dripping with gravy, “Where?”, she asked. Eunhyuk took a clean napkin and stretched forward to wipe the mess on her face, “Everywhere”, he answered. Before his hand could reach her face, a sudden gust of dirty air escaped , “bauurrp”, she sang like an opera singer belting the high notes.

 

He sat back down silently with a poker face. “Sorry”, Sooyeon grabbed her napkin and covered , “That wasn’t supposed to come out”, she tried to restrain herself from laughing. Eunhyuk didn’t say anything and for a couple of seconds he was silent. It was as if he saw something that had just scarred him for life. Sooyeon began to panic and grow nervous once again, “Eunhyuk”, she called waving her hand. He stared at her with a serious face and in a serious tone he said “10”

 

“10?”, she asked, repeating the number, feeling a bit scared inside. Eunhyuk threw away the poker face expression and smiled,  “I give your burp a 10 out of 10” It felt as if Sooyeon was walking on a single thread and now it was more like a cement block had just hit her on the head, “You mothering hoe bag, I thought you were going to say something bad or serious”, she cursed at him. Eunhyuk laughed at her expression, “Whoa, do you kiss your grandmother with that mouth?” She ignored his reply and shook her head, “I don’t like you”

 

The conversation between them continued and soon they exchanged numbers before the date even ended. Eunhyuk paid after a long tiresome argument with Sooyeon on who was going to take care of the bill. They walked out of the restaurant hand in hand once again. They didn’t even notice or know how they ended up holding hands. Well, at least Eunhyuk didn’t notice. Sooyeon, on the other hand was screaming in her head. Eunhyuk’s car waited for them in front of the restaurant’s entrance. He opened the car door for Sooyeon and closed it once she was secured inside.

 

He walked over to his side and hopped in. He then starts the car and drives off to drop Sooyeon home after the almost 4 hour long lunch date they just had. “Today was fun”, Sooyeon said, smiling from ear to ear. Eunhyuk nodded, “I know, it went better than I’d expected”, he said. Every awkward feeling and tension they had felt earlier was lifted. “I guess living with you won’t be that bad”, Sooyeon chuckled. “Yeah”, Eunhyuk said carelessly, “Wait what?” Sooyeon didn’t answer and just laughed.

 

An action Eunhyuk and she did abundantly during the date. After a while, they’d finally reach Lumina’s house.  Like he did earlier, Eunhyuk got out first and opened the door for Sooyeon. He gently grabs her hand and walks her to her front door. “You’re such a gentleman”, Sooyeon said trying not to sound sarcastic. Eunhyuk chuckled, “I have to be for my new wife”, he winks at her playfully. She laughs and takes her hand back, “I’ll see you tomorrow”, she said, turning the knob on the door.  Eunhyuk stepped back and pouts, “No goodbye kiss?”, he asks. Sooyeon turned the knob fully, opening the door, “Not on the first date”, she said teasingly, as she walked inside the house and slams the door on his face. She leans back on the door, holding back her excitement and trying not to blush.

 

“That tease”, Eunhyuk shook his head as he turned around, heading back to his car.

 

 

==========================================================
Author's Note:

Woohoo! Finally got to posting my first Chapter. I abandoned this story for like 2 years and now I'm bringing it back to life. ^_^
PLease Comment and Subscribe so that I know someone's reading. It will be much appreciated. :D