해변의 녀석 (Seaside)

Infinite Blurbs

She sat right above the receding wave line, just enough so that the water tickled her sandaled feet but no further than her ankles. The liquid touch was smooth and cool and it was one of the only few things she liked about the place. Though she lived not far, she rarely came out to the beach because she always found the messiness of sand too much of a bother. She did, however, love the cooling flow of water over her skin. Usually, she’d settle with running her hand through the garden hose, but there was really nothing comparable to the jubilation of the seaside’s touch. The way the water engulfed her feet in a sleek blanket and hovered there for a moment before silkily brushing over her skin in recession sometimes made the hassle of sand worth it.

Today, she had chosen to make the trip down to the sandy stretch in hopes that a complete change of setting would help alleviate the stress which had been building up throughout the week. It was now getting late in the afternoon as the scene grew more orange with the lengthening shadows. Wisps of winds stirred over the shore, tapping each of the wandering figures strolling the landscape, before moving onto the next.

She gazed over the water, her eyes following the rippling waves all the way to the horizon before rising into the sky where the yellowing setting sun stretched across the faded sapphire expanse. She lingered upon that view for a while before her blissful thoughts receded from her mind. With an accompanying release of breath, she allowed her sights to slip from the scene and dip into her lap, her loose, ruffled hair curtaining down the sides of her face.

When she looked up again, her attention swiveled on the figure of a young man, standing upon the sand facing her direction. He had dressed himself in a gray pullover and a black cap from which the coarse tips of his hair peeked out underneath. Though his visual appeared misplaced from the softening colors of the seaside, the simplicity of his form emanated a gentle, delightful charm of which also seemed to conceal a more acutely refined dynamism. He shouldered a camera bag and in his hands operated a compact lens camera. His features were otherwise blank and immovable except for his eyes, which were sharply focused on the screen behind the camera.

She didn’t realize she had been staring until he moved his gaze from the camera to meet her eyes.

 

--

A/N: Title inspired from Sunggyu's one performance on Immortal Song. Story inspired from L's tweeted image. :D