Final

Did They Forget What Today Is?

A/N: It's a short story.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up and looked at the calander next to my bed.

July 18th

It's my birthday! I'm so excited. I wonder if the hyungs did/ are doing anything for me.

I rushed out of bed to do my morning routine, then dashed to the living room and kitchen. All four of them were sitting at the table eating cereal.

"Good Morning Hyungs!" I exclaimed cheerfully.

"Good Morning Taemin." They said back, lacking any sort of excitement in their voice.

"So...are we doing anything interesting today?" I asked, trying to get information out of them.

"Uhhh....no. Just the same old stuff, rehearse songs, dance, you know, the usual." Onew Hyung answered.

"Oh....okay." I said, disappointedly.

"Why, did you want to do something today?" Jonghyun Hyung asked.

"No, no. I was just wondering." I said, now not wanting to talk anymore.

"Well, then have something to eat then. You're still growing." Key Hyung said while passing the cereal and milk to me.

"I'm not hungry." I stated. I then pushed the stuff away from me, and went back to my room. They seriously forgot it was my birthday!?!?!? They didn't forget Jonghyun's birthday 3 months ago. And now they forgot mine?! Fine. I won't let that get to me. I know definitely that Kai wouldn't have forgotten. I'll just go to EXO's dorm. I went back out and shouted I was leaving.

"I'm going to visit EXO. I"ll be back later."

"When you're done, just meet us at the studio!" Onew screamed back.

 

EXO dorm was nearby. Infact, it was in the same building. It was just a few floors down. After a 5 minutes walk, I was in front of their door. I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to open it. A few seconds later, I heard footsteps and the door was being opened. It was Joonmyeon (Suho) Hyung.

"Hi Taemin. What are you doing here?" He asked with a smile.

"Hi Joonmyeon Hyung. I just wanted to visit you guys."

"That's nice of you. Come in. Come in. Is the rest of SHINee here?" He asked.

"No, I came alone."

"Oh ok."

"Is Jongin here?"

"Yeah, he's in his room. You know where to go." I nodded and thanked him. On the way to his room, I saw Kyungsoo Hyung cooking, so I greeted him. He said "Hi", but then resumed cooking. I knocked on Kai's door then walked in. He was lying in bed looking at his phone.

"Hi Jonginnie." I said happily.

"Taemin! What are you doing here?" He asked.

"What, am I not allowed to visit my friend?" I joked.

"Of course you are, but you haven't been here recently."

"I've been busy. Anyways, I wanted to ask if you want to go out and hang out today." I asked, hoping he would say yes.

"Sorry, Taemin. I can't."

"Why?~" I whined to him.

"I have a schedule today. I have to go to the studio and practice stuff. Next time I promise." He answered.

"But Jongin, I really want to hang out today. Please! just for today." I hinted. He had to have known it was my birthday. We celebrate it every year!

"Next time, okay? I promise the next time you want to hang out okay?"

"Fine!" I crossed my arms and pouted.

"Awh, Hyung. Don't be like that. You know it's busy being in an idol group. You've been in this for over 5 years." He reasoned to stop me from being mad.

"I understand. I'll leave now. I need to go to the studio too." I said with a sigh.

"Okay, bye Taemin-ah."

"Bye Jonginnie." I closed his door and left their dorm.

 

The five of us just recorded some songs for our album, and spent the rest of the time practicing our new choreography. By 4PM, we were getting ready to go, when our manager told me to stay longer. The other four was allowed to go, but I had to stay? Especiall today? This wasn't fair.

I don't even know what manager hyung kept talking about. I was zoning out the whole time. By the time he was done, it was already 6:00. Great. This day has been wasted. I didn't even get to have fun, or relax, or hear a simple "happy birthday". Atleast manager hyung will drive me back to the dorm.

By 6:30 I was at our front door. Sigh. Atleast I could enjoy the rest of the night and relax. I sighed once again and opened the door. It was surprisely dark. Weren't Onew, Jonghyun, Key, and Minho hyung suppose to be here? Whatever.

I hit the light switch, and when I looked back to the room, I saw atleast 30 people in the room. I screamed out of surprised.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEMINNIE!!!!!" They all screamed. I couldn't help but smile, I was really happy.

"I thought all of you forgot what today was." I said.

"We could never forget this day Tae." They all said.

I cried tears of joys. I was so happy.

 

The End.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hoped you guys enjoyed it. 생일축하해 태민 오빠!