Happy Birthday Taeminnie

Anything For You

 

'Hyung doesn't that car look really cute? It's so small and cute, a two-seater as well! Just imagine us two going on a long drive; me driving, our hair flowing behind us, I mean it's a convertible too! It would be the perfect birthday gift, don't you think?'
The maknae curled himself around the other's arm and snuggled closer as he admired the masterpiece that was in front of him with his wide, starry eyes.    

Jinki sighed and took in the car parked on the side-street, from its shiny new body to its expensive brand logo. He knew that to Taemin getting a car of his own meant that he finally grew up and was trusted with something that had the possibility of being a danger to himself and to people around him. Jinki also knew that Taemin's parents would never get him one because they knew their son all too well; about how much of an adrenaline junkie the maknae was. He was always doing things that could possibly end up in his body being a broken bloody mess or him just lying there with his cold lifeless body. Taemin's parent's fears were justified to a level.

Jinki pried his eyes off the car and looked back down at the maknae's face and a small smile formed on his own when he saw how cute and excited the other looked. The light brown hair cupping his small face was a perfect mess on top of his head, windswept into perfection. His contact-lensed grey eyes were twinkling like some manga eyes and his cheeks were flushed a light pink. The pale plump lips that were so unique in shape were stretched into the prettiest smile Jinki ever saw and it took his breath away. He absolutely loved seeing his young boyfriend like that.

'Do you think my parents would buy it for me? Should I leave hints for them? Maybe I can just get some pictures of this car and like leave it everywhere at our house! Maybe I can.. I dunno make someone else talk to them about it!' Taemin paused and suddenly his eyes went brighter,
'Hyung you should do it! They always listen to you, something you being the most reliable out of all of us and about you acting older than your age! Personally I don't see it coz you're always so cute, my Dubu.' He pinched Jinki's nose and giggled.
The leader could not help but smile along. It was hard for him to testosterone Taemin when he was being like this, all hyperactive and adorable beyond words.
Though he was pretty sure that him talking to the younger's parents weren’t in anyway going to change their minds, he still nodded his head to appease Taemin.
'Sure Tae, anything for you.'
He was rewarded with a pair of soft lips brushing against his cheek.
'I love you hyung and when I get my car I'll take you to long drives, just you and me! You know how you take me in long drives now? Just like that! It'd be all romantic and stuff.' The maknae sighed dreamily.

Jinki felt the familiar fluttering feeling take over his inside as those three words left his boyfriend's mouth. He absolutely loved it when Taemin would express his love because the younger barely ever did so, he was way too shy. Jinki's arms wrapped around his lover and he steered him away from the car and to where they were off to before the car distracted them.
'Sounds absolutely amazing Tae. You're going to be such a cute driver!' He nuzzles the side of the younger's head with his nose and smiled as the other leant into the touch.
'But hyung I'm manly now, not cute! I am manly, right? Right hyung?'
Jinki groaned as he looked down at his boyfriend, who was now looking up with him the cutest pout even known to mankind. Yeah, not cute!
Taemin batted his eyelashes and Jinki was done with. He could do nothing but nod in agreement.
'Yes Tae, very manly.'
He laughed as the maknae wiggled around in some sort of a victory dance, manly indeed.

After that the two went to Jinki's favourite chicken shop for their q makeshift date between schedules. Their pairing was a match made in heaven because both loved chicken almost as much as they loved each other. Well, for Taemin, he liked any type of meat and though his absolute favourite was stake, For Jinki he happily settled for chicken. He always used to say how seeing Jinki way chicken made him extremely happy.

Jinki sat Taemin down on a table at the darkest corner of the brightly lit place so that fans wouldn't disturb him for pictures and autographs and went to get their food. He was walking absentmindedly, lower lip being worried between his teeth and bumped into a table, the sharp edge jabbing his hipbone hard. He just muttered a low sorry to the occupants of the table and once again proceeded to the till. Even the smell of yummy chicken wasn't distracting him from his thoughts.

Jinki was deep in thought; he had been ever since Taemin saw that car. He knew all too well that no one was going to buy the maknae that car but he also knew that if he didn't get it in his 20th birthday, he was going to be extremely upset and pouty. Jinki didn't want that. He wanted Taemin to be always happy, which was why he decided that if not anyone, as the younger's boyfriend, the leader was going to buy that car for him, only problem was though that he usually transferred most if his earned money to his parent's account and did not have that much money lying around. How the hell was he going to get that much money in just a few months? That was why he was so absentminded because in his mind, he was coming up with various plans of how to get that money.

When the leader returned back with a tray full of food and set it down I. Front of the maknae with a dazed expression, Taemin huffed.
'Only this much? Hyung, there's a growing person here! I need more chicken to grow taller and manlier you know!'
Jinki was presented with a pout that pulled him away from his thoughts and finally look down at the tray. He bought a twelve piece chicken bucket, eight wings and two fries, not only that but also some apple pies and Pepsi! Taemin was right. That wasn't nearly enough for yeah two of them. Taemin himself could eat that much!
'Oh my god, sorry Tae. I'll go get some more. You start eating, hyung'll bring more food.'
He was about to get up but was stopped by slender fingers curling up around his wrist.
'We don't have that much time hyung! Let’s just share this and then we can eat later, after our schedule, okay?'
The eye glittering smile on Taemin's face made him more determined that he needed to keep that smile on Tae's face no matter what it takes. He swore to himself that one way or the other, he was going to get that car for his boyfriend.

 

Throughout the whole of their date, Jinki’s mind was working on overdrive, thinking up ways to earn the money for that car. Their new album came out just a few weeks ago, so the five of them had lots of schedules planned for them anyway. The group activities weren’t going to get him the money he needed, so he needed some solo activities. He planned to talk to his manager as soon as their date was over.

‘You’re not paying attention to me.’ A quite, grumbling voice pulled his back from his thoughts once again.

Taemin was pouting at him, a chicken drumstick in his stretched out hand, held just a few inches away from Jinki’s face.

‘I was being a nice boyfriend and feeding you the chicken but what do you do? You just ignore me. Mean hyung is mean.’

Taemin was about to retract his hand back but Jinki lurched forward and bit into the chicken, his hand reaching out to hold onto his boyfriend’s. He took a huge bite of the chicken and sheepishly smiled up at the maknae.

‘I’m so sorry Tae. I wasn’t ignoring you, just thinking about something okay? So don’t be mad at me baby.’ He said with his mouth full, his cheeks bulging with the meat in it, making him look like a cute chipmunk.

Taemin blushed a pretty shade of pink and tried to retreat his hand back again but Jinki held onto it tightly. He loved it when his boyfriend blushed like that; he looked absolutely adorable and made Jinki want to just lean forward and kiss him square on his lips. He refrained himself though, because kissing Taemin in public would just make things worse and no matter how much he wanted to reveal their relationship to the world, for SHINee and for Taemin, he just couldn’t do that. As the leader and the younger’s boyfriend, he had to protect all of them.

‘Whatever hyung, you still weren’t paying attention to me.’

Jinki chuckled at Taemin’s childish voice and guided the younger’s hand to his own mouth and nudged his plump lips with the chicken. Taemin pursed his lips, refusing to let the chicken invade his mouth. However, the leader wasn’t going to give up so soon. He made a cute sad expression, his face all droopy and eyes almost tearing, his pink lips quivering a little; his acting skills weren’t all that bad. Taemin seemed to take the bait because he whimpered a little and clasped his other; free hand around Jinki’s and caressed the elder’s hand with his thumb.

‘Hyung.’

Jinki ignored his lover and looked away, trying to pull his hand away too but Taemin tightened his grip.

‘Hyungiiee, please don’t be sad.’

Jinki stuck his lower lip out, his head still turned away, showing off his side profile, his perfectly sculpted jaw.

‘Jinki-ah..’

Jinki couldn’t stop the tiny smile that stretched his lips. He loved it when the younger called him by his name because it was so rare. Apparently, to Taemin, it was absolutely unacceptable to call his hyung by his name because it was disrespectful and his parents taught him better. He only ever used Jinki’s name when he was either trying to manipulate the older into buying him something or when Jinki needed cheering up and without fail he always won the older over with that small name.

‘I love you?’

This time Jinki could not help but grin wide and turn back to the younger. The combination of his name and those three words coming out of Taemin was deadly and it killed Jinki’s plans totally. He found himself smiling lovingly at his boyfriend, saying,

‘I love you too Taeminnie and would never ignore you intentionally. You know that, right?’

The maknae grinned, nodding his cute little head, making his soft locks flying everywhere; he fed Jinki the drumstick again. This time he forcefully shoved the whole thing into the leader’s mouth and giggled.

‘I know and that’s why I love you so much too hyung. You should always pay attention to me though. I want all of you to myself at least on our dates, arasso? So you can’t think about anything else when you’re with me and even when you’re not with me only I should be in your mind.’ The younger said, sulkily pouting again.

‘So you should be in my mind all the time! God, that’s going to be hellish..’ Jinki’s joke was presented with a playful slap on his arm.

‘Yah. You’re mean hyung.’

‘Well I guess this mean hyung can keep you in his mind 24/7 if, and only if you accept to call him by his name from now on.’

Taemin huffed cutely and puffed his cheeks then blew the air off in a puff.

‘You don’t play fair, do you..J..Jinki-ah..’

The leader wanted to squeal and pounce on his lover over the table, damned be the norms of society but he just settled with stuffing his face with a huge piece of chicken. His cheeks were redder than the ketchup on his fries. His blush deepened even more when the younger’s fingers found his cheek and pinched it, cooing like a mother to her baby,

‘Aigoo, my hyung is too adorable for his own good.’

…..x…..

Three months since their date things changed, a lot.

Jinki was half lying on the car, dozing off; when he was shaken awake by a pair of warm hands on his shoulders. He blinked his eyes open and the first thing he saw was the red neon light in front of him. It was already way past midnight. He once again had a late schedule, only him, which explained why he was the only one in the car besides his manager.

‘Onew, you should go up and sleep, you have another radio show at seven in the morning tomorrow. I’ll be going home today.’

The sleepy leader was pulled out off the car and his bag was slung over his shoulder, he found himself pushed towards the stairs by the same pair of warm hands. He turned around to find his hyung’s soft smile directed to him and a pat on his shoulder.

‘Take care of yourself leader-nim, if you tire yourself out this much how are you going to lead your stupid dongsaengs?’ the elder chuckled as he ruffled the sleepy leader’s hair.

Jinki smiled tiredly and nodded and waved the manager bye then drunkenly walked up the stairs, swaying haphazardly. He didn’t really know where he was going or how he was even walking; he was so very tired, it was a miracle that his body was still cooperating with him. Somehow he managed to reach their door but no matter how much he fumbled around, he could not find his keys and when he was about to give up and sink down on the floor and sleep right there, the door creaked open and the leader could make out a slender silhouette standing there with his unfocused eyes. The last thing he felt were a pair of warmer hands wrapping around him and supporting his unconscious figure.

 

The next time Jinki blinked open his eyes, he was met with the most angelic face just inches away from his own. His breath stopped for a second as he took in the messy curly hair that was falling on the perfect, milky forehead that led to the dark brows that was just above the closed lids of his boyfriend’s eyes. Jinki grumbled a little as the lids were hiding away the most mesmerising eyes he ever saw on anyone but he didn’t want to wake the other because he knew that the maknae should be just as tired as he was, so he just kept on taking in his lover’s features. His eyes trailed to the cute little nose that was widening and shrinking with each calm breath he took. Jinki smiled as Taemin scrunched his nose a little. His maknae was just too cute.

When Jinki’s eyes landed on the twin lips of the maknae, he gulped a little. It had been so long since his lips were on those petal soft lips, way too long. As if hearing his mind, the lips parted invitingly, little puffs of breath leaving his mouth. Jinki remembered them parting against his own to permit the leader’s tongue to invade his mouth or to call out his hyung’s name. Jinki wanted to kiss them again, so he was leaning forward to claim the younger’s lips. However, he was stopped just inches away from his destination by a pair of honey brown eyes locking with his own.

‘h..hyung?’

He was caught. He was caught red handed, his face just inches away, lips pursing out by no other than his boyfriend. He shrunk back away from Taemin and laughed guiltily.

‘Hyung..Why are you laughing?’

What was he going to tell his Taemin? Was he going to tell the younger one how he was about to sneakily kiss him in his sleep or should he lie? He decided to do none and to change the subject all together. Snuggling closer to the younger he wrapped his arms around the other’s slight waist and hid his face on the crook of Taemin’s neck.

‘How did I get here Minnie? I was in the car wasn’t I? Did manager hyung carry me in or something?’

He smiled against Taemin’s neck as he felt him relaxing his body in Jinki’s arms. The younger boy too wrapped his arms around his hyung and sunk his head on the other’s broad shoulders.

‘Why are you doing this to yourself hyung? Why are you doing so many schedules and making yourself so ill, I am so worried about you.’

Jinki was startled by the sudden change of the topic. He just wanted to know how he got there on his bed with his lover; he did not expect a nagging from the younger and definitely not about his work.

‘Taemin-ah, I am fine. Don’t be worried about me, I’m absolutely fine.’

He tried to smile reassuringly but was stopped by Taemin’s eyes again. The maknae had raised his head to glare at his hyung with fiery eyes.

‘Fine! You think coming home almost unconscious after midnight and then fainting in my arms is fine? I was so worried! I thought you were attacked or something. If Key hyung didn’t stop me I’d have called the police and the hospital you know. Why do you have to work so hard hyung, why? Aren’t you worried about your own health?’

 

Jinki felt extremely guilty as he took in those sad eyes tearing and his lover’s lower lip quivering. What was he going to say? How could he say that it was all for the maknae, for his new car? The car was supposed to be a surprise and that’s how it’s gonna stay until the maknae’s birthday. So he just hugged his boyfriend tighter in his arms and nuzzled his head, hands rubbing Taemin’s shaking back soothingly.

‘Baby, I’m so sorry for worrying you, I’ll try to say no to more schedules okay? But I need the money..so you know..’ He added the end sheepishly.

‘M..money?’ Taemin looked up at him with questioning eyes and when Jinki didn’t say anything else, the younger tilted his head and said, ‘If you need money, you can always take it from me. I mean I don’t really spend my allowance that much so I’ve saved up a lot, I don’t need it so you might as well use it..’

Jinki’s heart filled up with love at the maknae’s words. It was so sweet of his lover to offer him money, to be honest he would’ve done the same, because he loved him with all his heart, that meant that Taemin too loved him loads.

‘Minnie, I can’t.’

He smiled softly and leant forward to kiss Taemin’s nose lovingly. Taemin however shook him away and pouted back at him.

‘Why can’t you take it hyung? I insist. I don’t wanna hear anything. You’re taking it and that’s that.’

Jinki did not know what to do or say. On one hand he was extremely happy that Taemin wanted to help him out but he was also worried about how to refuse the maknae without hurting him. He was cursing himself for opening his big mouth and telling the maknae about money. He cautiously unwrapped himself from the younger’s lithe figure and laughed awkwardly, averting his eyes.

‘Minnie, it’s fine...really. I almost have all the money I need. So don’t worry okay?’ he prayed to God that Taemin would take the bait and stop trying to ‘help’ his hyung but it seemed that God was mad at him for some reason because Taemin didn’t fall for it, at all.

‘You’re telling lies hyung.’ He cupped Jinki’s face in his hands and made him look at his honey orbs as well. ‘I know you’re lying because you won’t look at me when you lie. If you really earned all the money you needed then look at my eyes and then tell me.’

In reality, Jinki still needed a bit more money for the car and Taemin’s birthday was only a week away but he wasn’t going to say that to the younger, so he lied.

‘Yes Taeminnie, I got all the money I needed and I only need to finish up this week’s schedules then I’m free, well almost.’ He rambled on, his eyes averted, that was why he did not see the heart-breakingly sad expression on his boyfriend’s face.

 

‘You don’t love me do you? You don’t love me..’

Jinki was left gaping as the younger’s figure crawled away from him and sat up at the far corner of the bed, his back facing the leader. The maknae’s shoulders were shaking and Jinki was sure that he was crying and it broke his heart. It was his entire fault, his big mouth’s fault to be exact. He was about to back hug the younger and tell him that he loved him more than anything in the world but before he could Taemin turned around with red eyes, tears trailing down his face.

‘I thought I was yours hyung and that you were mine too. I thought you would let me help you just like when you helped me whenever I was in trouble. You said that our age difference doesn’t matter and that you never think of me as a baby like the rest of them. You said I was your soul mate but I never was, was I? You won’t even let me help you..You never loved me..you never did…’

Before Jinki could tell how wrong he was, Taemin got up and bolted through the door.

‘Taeminnie!’

He shouted after the young boy and scrambled off the bed to follow him but before he could reach him, Taemin stormed into the manager’s room and slammed the door shut. Knocking hard on the door Jinki called out,

‘Taemin, baby, please don’t misunderstand me. You know I love you. I love you so much but this time I need to get the money myself. It’s not that I don’t want to take help from you or that you’re young. Why would you even think that? Baby..Please open the door.’

He knocked and pleaded and knocked some more but Taemin did not open the door or say a single word to him. All Jinki could hear was Taemin’s weeping and it absolutely broke his heart. He slid down on the floor resting his head on the door, crying himself. What did he do? What was he going to do?

‘Taemin..please..’ He whimpered out and pulled his knees closer to his chest. ‘I love you so much..’

That’s how key found him, curled up against the door, crying.

‘Hyung, what’s wrong?’

Jinki looked up with his tear filled eyes and found Key’s worried face just inches away from his own.

‘Ta..Tae..’

He could not finish his words because of the sudden hiccupping fit. He tried again but his tears choked him a little this time. Key patted his shoulder with a knowing glance.

‘You fought with Minnie about something?’

When Jinki nodded, Key pulled him into an awkward hug and drew soothing circles on the elder’s back. Regardless of the diva attitude in front of the camera and all the bullying, Key was actually the nicest person Jinki had ever met and he trusted him, so he told him everything, whispering about the birthday present bit so that Taemin would not hear him.

Key sat away from the leader and frowned,

‘You guys fought just because of that? Jjongie always refuses to pay for my things no matter how much I nag or moan and here you guys are fighting over not letting Tae pay for your stuff, well his really.’ He rolled his eyes. ‘You should just let him sulk for a week and then when he finds out; it’d be a sweeter surprise.’ He smirks evilly.

Jinki shook his head.

‘No..I don’t want my Tae all sad and stuff. I’d rather just tell him about it now.’ He pouted and wiped away his tears. ‘Yes, I should just tell him.’

He was about to knock on the door but was interrupted by his manager entering through the main door and gasping.

‘Jinki! You’re not ready yet? Oh my God, we need to be at the radio station in 30 minutes, go get ready now.’

He paused for a second to take in the leader’s puffy red eyes and frowned.

‘Why are you crying?’

Key just gave him a look that said, ‘don’t ask questions if you love your sanity' and shook his head. Jinki was then pulled up on his feet by the rapper and dragged to his room, leaving the manager with open mouth.

‘Hyung, listen to me. You need to pull yourself together and go do that radio show and you have to do your absolute best okay and get that car for our baby Tae. And don’t you worry; I’ll take care of Taemin, okay?’

He shoved some clothes on Jinki’s hands and helped him do his makeup when he was ready. He shoved a ready and all made up Jinki on the manager with a promise of taking care of everything. Jinki trusted his dongsaeng and knew that Key would never want anything that’s bad for either him or Taemin so he took the rapper’s advice and went to his schedule.

 

As the week progressed though, he found out that sometimes the almighty Key can be wrong too because he sure as hell could not ‘take care’ of the situation with Taemin. The youngest of the group made it his mission to avoid Jinki. The leader was getting impatient and sad by the sudden disappearance of the love of his life and every night, after all his schedules, he would lock himself in his room and cry his eyes out. He wanted nothing more than just be in his lover’s arms. If he knew that this plan of his would made them grow apart instead of making them even closer, he would never have planned it. He kept on cursing himself for being such a bad boyfriend.

On the morning of 17th July, he finally had enough money to buy the car and he went to the show room to order it. Taemin was still missing. It was as if they broke up or something because Taemin did show up for all the schedules but he would just ignore Jinki and won’t even spare him a glace and every night he was nowhere to be found. But Jinki knew that Taemin just went to his parent’s house every night, the younger’s mum called him to let him know every single night. Jinki had a feeling that maybe this year he won’t be able to celebrate the maknae’s birthday with him and it absolutely killed him. All he wanted to do was be the perfect boyfriend and get Taemin what he wanted but he ended up ruining it all. He just asked the car to be delivered to Taemin’s parent’s house exactly at midnight and hoped that maybe Taemin would forgive him when he sees the car.

.....x.....

 

Jinki looked at his watch for the hundredth time. The small black numbers showed that only an hour was left till his baby’s birthday. He wanted nothing more than to just run to Taemin’s house and pick him up in his arms, showering him with kisses but he knew that Taemin wouldn’t want to see his face and he did not want to ruin such a special day for the maknae.

He sighed forlornly and rolled around on his bed, trying to order his eyes close and sleep but he wasn’t so lucky. Taemin’s face kept on appearing in front of him. He kept on these impossible scenarios where Taemin ran to him and kissed him square on his lips, saying he loved him with all his heart or that maknae hugging him from behind, nuzzling his nape and saying sorry in his cute husky voice. It was like his mind was teasing him.

So when he opened his eyes and found Taemin’s slight frame leaning against his door frame with a huge pout on his face, he thought that it was also a part of his over-active imagination. He turned away from Taemin’s figure and huffed,

‘Stop teasing me! I know you’re not really there..would you quit coming in my dreams? I can’t take it anymore. First my Taemin misunderstands me and then you keep on appearing in my mind as if to taunt me about messing everything up? GO AWAY.’ He sniffled against his pillow, the tears finally flowing down his cheek and being absorbed by the cotton cover of his pillow.

‘I love him so much but I’m not allowed to wish him happy birthday? It’s not fair…’

A pair of arms slipped around him and pulled him closer to a warm chest. It felt so real that Jinki almost wanted to believe that Taemin was really there, back hugging him on his bed but then scoffed at his own wistful mind. Why would Taemin even be there? For a whole week he had been making it absolutely obvious that he didn’t want anything to do with his hyung, so why would he be there now? He sobbed quietly.

 

‘Hyung, please don’t cry.’

The soft kiss that was placed on his nape was exactly like how he had imagined before but it felt more real. Jinki shivered and placed a hand over the arms wrapped around him so they would vanish but instead he gasped as he felt the solidity of them. Surely his imagination wasn’t that good! Realising that Taemin must really be there, he turned around in the other’s arms to face him and stared with wide eyes.

 

He wanted to say something, lots of things and do lots of things too, like kissing Taemin or telling him how much he loved him but he was frozen, completely and utterly frozen, not even a part of his body moved at all. He just stared into his lover’s eyes as tears flowed down his cheeks.

The honey brown eyes were searching into the leaders eyes, for God knew what but Jinki was just happy to be looking into those eyes again.

‘Would you tell me now why you needed the money and if you still need it?’

When Jinki did not say anything, the maknae sighed and looked away from his hyung to look up at the ceiling.

‘Hyung, I really don’t want anything to come between us, especially not something so stupid and on my birthday too. Please, I won’t be able to take it if you just pushed me away again; it’ll break my heart…Jinki-ah. Y..you know you can trust me, don’t you? And I’ll be always here for you no matter what. You just have to trust me and never keep secrets for me. I’ll always….ALWAYS support you because you’re my life Jinki, so don’t leave me out of yours, please.’

The lone tear sliding down his boyfriend’s cheek and the slight whimper in his voice crumbled Jinki’s resolve. He decided that this secret made them cry way too much already and needed to end now. He looked at his watch, it was only like twenty minutes from the younger’s birthday anyway. He scooted closer to Taemin and cupped his cheeks and turned his head so he was facing Jinki. Kissing his forehead softly, Jinki nuzzled Taemin’s cheek.

‘It was supposed to be a surprise for you, for your birthday. I needed money for your birthday present..That’s why I couldn’t take your money.’

He stopped when Taemin gasped.

‘WHAT? My present…you’ve been…oh my God hyung!’ The younger sat straight up, gaping at Jinki.  ‘You worked yourself to death just for my present? Are you stupid Jinki?’

Jinki too sat up and scratched his neck awkwardly. Taemin never ever shouted at him like that or said anything remotely offensive either, he really was angry with him. The elder wasn’t sure what he should do.

‘So, all these months you’ve been working your off for me? It was because of me that you fainted?’ He sniffled and slapped the leader’s hands away when he tried to hug him. ‘No hyung, listen to me. Nothing, no present is more important than you to me. Do you understand? Nothing can ever be more important than your health.’

When Jinki tried to hug him again, he let himself be pulled into the older of the two’s arms and sunk his nose in the crook of Jinki’s neck, sniffling.

‘Don’t ever scare me like that hyung. I thought you were really having money problems and won’t let me help. I thought you didn’t love me or trust me..’

Jinki tightened his arms around the younger’s slim waist and pulled him to sit on his lap.

‘Minnie I just wanted to get you the best birthday gift. I’m sure you would’ve done the same for me, right? But I know I handled the whole thing wrong. I shouldn’t have opened my big mouth and told you about me needing money, which was stupid of me. I also should’ve tried hard to talk to you when you were avoiding me..I trust you okay and love you more than anyone in this world. I just want everything for you, you understand that right? If I could I’d get you the whole world..This was nothing.’ He took a short pause and carried on. ‘I wanted it to be the best birthday ever for you but like always I messed u..’

 

His sentence was cut short as a pair of familiar soft lips locked on his own. The pair of slender arms crept up and circled around his neck, one lacing through his hair to pull him closer to the lips, deepening the kiss. The slow rhythm of lips moving against him soon fastened in pace and before he knows it a slick tongue traces a small path across his lower lip.
Jinki bewilderedly opened his mouth and eyes at the same time, allowing the tongue to slip in through his lips and latching onto his tongue and his eyes were captured by those brown orbs again. He was so lost in those eyes and the way that tongue was wiggling around in his mouth, and pulling in anything and everything, awakening all his nerves. That he didn't even realise that he needed to breathe.
The other's tongue stopped and suddenly Taemin pulled away from him, still not breathing he reached out for his lover but was stopped by the younger. He once again wrapped his lips around the elder's but this time instead of kissing he was pumping air into his leader's lungs, who just somehow forgot to breathe. Jinki was still a bit dazed when he finally started filling up his lungs all by his own and Taemin pulled away from him.
'Hyung! Are you okay? Do you have to scare me like that? I thought you were going to die or something! You freaking out.. Whoever blacks out during kissing..or stops breathing for that matter.'

For the first time in months, Jinki laughed. He looked at the maknae's pouty face and laughed his heart out, tears pouring down. His Taemin was back. His Taemin was his, only his.

‘I love you baby.’ He traced the younger’s jaw line with his nose. ‘So....sooo much.’ Placing soft kisses along the jaw he reached Taemin’s ear and placed a soft kiss there too.

‘I love you too hyung. But what did you buy me? What can be so expensive? You didn’t buy me like a farm so I can have steak every day, right?’

Jinki chuckled and shook his head.

‘No stupid, I won’t do that..I would’ve bought you a chicken farm but no..no farms.’ He smiled and pecked the younger’s lips. ‘I got you that car you wanted.’

 

Taemin just stared at his hyung as if he had three heads.

‘Car? You got me a freaking car? No wonder you had to work your off! But hyung..why?’

‘You looked so happy when you were looking at the car all those months ago. I just wanted you to be always smiling like that and maybe I wanted to go on long drives with you too..’ Jinki pecked his nose.

‘Eh..what car? I don’t remember.’

Jinki widened his eyes. Did he just do all that in vein? Taemin didn’t even remember what he was talking about?

‘You remember that car you saw on our date like three months ago?’ He tired to refresh the maknae’s memory but the blank face told him that the younger didn’t remember. He sighed and just hugged the younger tight. ‘Forget it, it doesn’t matter. What does is that you’re taking me out on a long drive tomorrow after the car arrives.’ He pouted.

Taemin chuckled and patted his back, whispering against his ear.

‘Hyung, you forgot a small detail. I can’t drive!’

 

Jinki pulled away to look at his boyfriend properly and frowned when he saw that the latter was not joking.

‘So I got you a car for nothing? We fought for nothing? I can never do anything right.’  

His pout however was wiped away by another kiss from the younger who smiled against his lips.

‘Hyung I love you and I’m sure I’m going to love your present too. I always wanted a car..so it’s the best birthday present ever okay? You can just teach me how to drive and until then you can take me on long drives in it. It would still be just as romantic and you’re still the best boyfriend ever.’

Jinki too smiled and they just stared at each other’s eyes, no more words needed.

 

Suddenly the door to Jinki’s room flew open and the other three SHINee members burst in, shouting the birthday song. Key had a huge cake with dozens of candles on it and a bigger grin on his face as he saw the maknae on the leader’s lap.

‘Told you it would be nicer if you two made up on his birthday didn’t I?’ He wiggled his eyebrows and sat the cake right in front of the maknae-leader duo and then the three stood in a half circle in front of the bed and started singing again.

Jinki turned Taemin around on his lap so he could blow the candles off and when he did, he ignore the other three’s whistles and cat calls and places kisses on his neck, softly whispering in his ear,

‘Happy Birthday baby.’

 

‘Ewww get a room guys. We don’t need to see your rated PDAs.’

Minho’s sentence got him a death glare from the birthday boy and a chuckle from the leader.

‘Minho-yah..we are in a room, MY ROOM and I can pretty much do anything with my boyfriend here.’ The elder made a show of wrapping his arms around the maknae’s waist and chest and made exaggerated kissing noises as he kissed his neck.

‘Okay , okay we get it hyung. You wanna have birthday- with Tae. Just let him cut the cake and we’ll leave you two alone.’ Jonghyun joked and pulled Taemin away from Jinki to hug him tightly. ‘Happy birthday, Taemin..you’ll get your present after Jinki’s got his way with you.’ The lead singer stuck his tongue out at Jinki over the maknae’s shoulder.

Taemin was then pulled away from Jonghyun by two pairs of hands and was pulled into a group hug while Minho and Key stared each other down and shouted their Happy Birthdays as if it was a race to see who could say it first. The maknae squiggled out of their hold and crawled back to sit on Jinki’s lap again, wrapping the elder’s arms around him.

‘Thank you guys but can you like go now? I need Ontae alone time..’ He pouted and shooed the others away making them leave the uncut cake.

 

When the three finally left after winking at the duo he turned to Jinki and initiated a long kiss, in the elder’s lower lip into his mouth and nibbling on it.

‘I like Jjong hyung’s suggestion. You would be the perfect present ever.’

He pushed Jinki to lie down on the bed and lay down on his chest, resting his head right above the leader’s heart.

‘Next time don’t try too hard to please me okay. Because all I can ever want is this, you and me together. Nothing else matters. I want you and only you.’

Jinki wrapped his arms around Taemin and kissed the crown of his head,

‘I’m yours..always.’

It turned out to be the best birthday Taemin ever had and it wasn’t because of the car he got or the millions of birthday wishes he got from all his fans and friends; it was because he had Jinki, his everything.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Oh My God,

This is longgggg but stupid.. TT-TT I rushed this to finish it off before his birthday ended lol...so yeah ignore the fail.

AND AND AND

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEMIN <3

I can't give you much...so I'll just serenade you with ontae gifs :P

Hope Jinki buys you a car...and not a toy one :P

Aigooo his chipmunk cheeks <3

taemin didn't get his birthday kiss from his hyung yet. that's why he looks so gloomy xD

Couple expression XD

They are just happy to be able to sit next to each other...how cute <3

Yeah...that is all..... >..<