Prank

Prank (One-Shot)

“Mrs Jung wants to see you at the staff’s office,” she informed him.

“Why?” he looked at her.

“That isn’t a question that I am supposed to answer Lee TaeMin. You should know what you have done. I think it’s best if you clarify with Mrs Jung on your own,” she said.

 

TaeMin headed out of the classroom to the staff’s room. He needed his homeroom teacher, Mrs Jung, to explain everything to him.

_____

 

“That’s easy!” he approached her and high-fived.

“I know right,” she chuckled.

 

The other classmates looked at the both of them strangely. They did not know what was going on. It was so rare to see the both of them in a good term.

 

“What’s going on here Soo?” a classmate asked.

“Oh, we’re going to have a mini celebration for TaeMin’s birthday,” Soo informed her classmates.

“Kai, let’s go,” she signaled Kai.

 

Both Soo and Kai stood in front of the class and informed their classmates about the agenda planned for that special day.

 

“We’ll celebrate TaeMin’s birthday and have lunch in class today. Food will be provided,” Soo said.

“What’s for lunch later?” another classmate asked.

“Pizza… Chicken… Cake…” Soo looked at the receipt where she ordered food. The classmates cheered for her.

 

After Soo informed her classmates about the menu, her cell phone rang. It was the deliveryman. The food arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the expected time.

 

“The deliveryman is here. I need two persons to follow me to the foyer,” Soo waited for any of her classmates to stand up.

“No one?” she was disappointed.

“That means our little Soo will have to carry the food all alone. Poor you,” Kai teased Soo.

“YA, I’m older than you!” Soo glared at Kai.

“By two months,” Kai made a peace sign with his left hand.

 

The classmates then began to tease Soo and Kai by saying that they should date each other for real. It had always been the case as they both will argue whenever they meet.

_____

 

“Oh TaeMin, it’s great that I see you here. There’s something I need to talk to you about,” Mrs Jung was actually on her way to get TaeMin as he was taking a longer time than planned. TaeMin nodded and followed Mrs Jung to a meeting room that was just beside the staff’s room.

 

“Do you know what I wanted to see you?” Mrs Jung asked.

 “No…” he shook his head.

 

Mrs Jung took a deep breath and began her acting. She took out an envelope from her drawer and passed it to TaeMin. It was a letter from a dance competition that TaeMin had joined a few weeks ago. TaeMin sighed as he read the content written in the letter.

 

“I’m so sorry TaeMin. I understand that you worked so hard for your dance item. I know that you want to enter the dance academy but…” Mrs Jung let out a long sigh.

“It’s okay Mrs Jung. I will try harder for the next competition,” TaeMin let out a weak smile.

“I wish that I can do something about this,” Mrs Jung gave a pat on TaeMin’s shoulder.

_____

 

“Soo, aren’t you going to help me?” Kai asked.

“Nope!” Soo shook her head.

“That’s your punishment for calling me a little girl,” Soo increased her walking speed.

“Fine… I’m sorry,” Kai apologized.

“I’ll give in only for today,” Soo carried the cake and the pizza.

 

The both of them walked back to their classroom. Their classmates had already rearranged the table just like how Kai briefed them before he helped Soo with the food. Soo and Kai straight away arranged the food. Just before Soo called her homeroom teacher, she received a call from Mrs Jung saying that she was on the way to the classroom with TaeMin.

 

“Okay guys! Mrs Jung and TaeMin are on their way here,” Kai announced.

 

Everyone began to stand in the position. Soo and Kai were standing at the back door because that was the shortest route to the classroom. The rest of the classmates stood behind Soo and Kai.

_____

 

Mrs Jung and TaeMin headed back to the class. A few more steps to the class, Mrs Jung pretended that she had forgotten her attendance file. That was her last prank for TaeMin.

 

“Oh… I’ve forgotten about the attendance file,” Mrs Jung told TaeMin.

“I’ll take it for you,” TaeMin volunteered and ran back to the staff’s office.

“Thank you Lee TaeMin. I’ll see you in class,” Mrs Jung made her way quickly to the class first.

_____

 

“Opps! You can’t enter,” Soo and Kai stopped TaeMin from entering the classroom.

“I’m not in a mood to joke around,” TaeMin looked upset.

“If you say so…” Soo and Kai made way to TaeMin.

 

Everyone in the classroom started to sing a birthday song as TaeMin entered. The lost and clueless TaeMin followed his classmates and sang along to the birthday song for him. TaeMin had actually forgotten about his birthday because he was too busy thinking of the admission result.

 

“Happy birthday to Lee TaeMin~ Happy birthday to you!” the classmates cheered for his and Mrs Jung appeared in front of TaeMin with a cake.

 

“Wait… Today is my birthday?” TaeMin asked.

“Yes!” his classmates replied in unison.

_____

 

After TaeMin cut the cake, the mini celebration began. The students in the class were happy as they get to eat pizza and chicken for lunch. For the first time, they were grateful to their class president, Soo.

 

“I have one announcement to make,” Mrs Jung stood in front of the class to get the attention of her students.

“Ahem…” she cleared and took out an envelope out from the left front pocket on her blazer.

“Lee TaeMin has been accepted to SM Dance Academy!” she announced.

 

“What?” TaeMin was shocked.

“But didn’t you say that I was not accepted?” he was confused.

“Stupid! We did that to prank you…” Soo knocked TaeMin’s head.

“Haiz… Why is it so easy to trick you?” Kai hit TaeMin’s left shoulder.

 

“KIM JONGIN! SHIN SOOAH! You two are going to get it from me!” TaeMin chased Soo and Kai around the class. 


Hello lovelies! This is TaeMin's special gift from me. Hehehe! Okay... I want to apologize if this story is too crappy. I am currently really sick and my brain is not functioning well. However, I made a promise to someone. So yeah... My final product. I hope you like it. Please leave a comment and subscribe. Thank you!!