It Ended Here

A Tragic Birthday

      "I'm sorry Miss, but you don't have much time.I know you expected to live longer, but for some reason your aren't." Your eyes start to tear up at the doctor's words. You know your death was inevitable, but it wad too soon. You were only twenty years old! You had barely begun your life. "We have predicted that your last day will be the 20th or the 21st. I hate to give you the news, and I'm sorry that we can't do anything for you."

      You leave the hospital in a daze. Just thinking about your death isn't helping. You have already come to terms with dying. That wasn't the thing that was bothering you. What bothered you was your death date. He said the 20th or 21st. The 20th is Taemin, your boyfriend's, birthday. You hope that you can spend your last day - heck, last hour would work too - together, snuggling and whispering sweet nothings to each other.

* * *

      "Yah!!! Stop it!! You're going to kill me if you keep tickling me!" You scream while Taemin finally stops tickling you. You sit up and playfully slap his arm. He just smiles at you and wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you closer. You snuggle into his body more and smile to yourself. You have such a perfect boyfriend. He was the one thing that you would miss when you left this world.

      "Jagiya . . . Is something wrong?" Taemin asks me. You look up at him and give him a small smile. "Nope, everything is great!"

      "Are you sure? You've been looking a bit paler than you normally are." His concern for me is so amazing. You just hope he's strong enough to move on after you leave.

      "I don't know what you're talking about. I promise I feel fine." You give him a reassuring smile. He smiles back and then you two do normal couple things. You watch movies, cook together, and take funny selcas. If you could relive any day, it would be today because it was just to perfect. Tomorrow's the 20th, and you're hoping nothing will happen tomorrow.

* * *

      You are running around town trying to pick up last minute stuff for your surprise party you were throwing Taemin with some of his friends. With all of the things that were in your arms, you had put a very special card that was only for Taemin to see. You let out a nice laugh while you skip to Taemin's apartment. He shouldn't be off work until later today, so you were confident in time.

      Suddenly you felt a burning in your chest. Breathing becomes harder as you feel your throat clench and close up. A burning feeling starts moving through your body at a swift speed. You fall to your knees and you gasp for air. You hear yelling around you, but you can't comprehend any of it. You blindly look around for your purse. When you finally find it, you rip it open and pull out a piece of paper and a pen. Your vision is dimming and you start to shake violently, but you manage to write a note to whoever sees it. You tell them to give your special not to Taemin when he finds out.

      With your last laboring breath you say, "I love you Taemin-ah. Sorry I couldn't tell you before."

* * *

TAEMIN'S POV:

      I rushed to the hospital as soon as I heard about her. I couldn't believe it. She can't be dead! I frantically talk to the nurses and doctors. They direct me to a room and I collapse on to my knees when I see her. Her hair frames her face perfectly and she looks so peaceful.

      If I didn't know better, I would think she was sleeping. But I know she's gone. I knew something was up with her when she kept asking to see me.I didn't get it, but I do now. I start crying beside her and put her tepid hand in mine. I don't know how long I cried for, but I stopped eventually. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I see a doctor. He holds out an envelope for me and tells me to read it since it was . . . her last wish. I rip it open and read what is says.

      Taemin-ah, if your reading this, then you're probably sitting next to my lifeless body. ㅋㅋㅋ Sorry, probably not the best time to make jokes. X( I didn't want to tell you and have you moping about it while we were together. I have a terminal illness that is incurable. I should live up to my fifties, but that doesn't always happen. My mother only lived up to 34 as you already know.

      Anyways, back to it. I just wanted to tell you the things I wasn't able to when I was alive. I'm glad I met you, and I'm so happy that you had asked me out! You have no idea how giddy I was after you asked me. My friend even told me that she wouldn't talk to me until I stopped XP I want to thank you for the wonderful memories we have made. I will never forget your laugh or your smile. The way your eyes sparkled when you saw me or how handsome you looked on prom night.

      I hope you remember me in the following years. I have to say/write this though. Don't let this bring you down. Move on. I know it will be hard on you, but I think you will be able to do it. Whoever you start liking next will be a very lucky girl! Ah, now the very last thing I wanted to tell you since I probably haven't told you yet . . . ♥ I LOVE YOU!!!! And I always will ♥

      My tears start falling onto the letter. I read it over and over again before I put it in my briefcase. I stand up and kiss her forehead for the last time. I memorize her face and features before leaving. When my hand is on the knob I turn around one more time and look longingly at her.

      With the softest whisper I say, "I love you too."

 


 

Author's Note:

Yea, you giys probably hate me because 1) I killed you 2) I made Taemin cry (hey he's my bias, so no hate!) 3) I made such a sad story on his birthday and 4) IT'S SO SAD!!!!!! What did you guys think of this story? It's my first ever one-shot. To tell you the truth this is probably the best thing I've written so far. I'm always really good at writing tragic stories, I don't know why. Anyways, hope you guys "enjoyed" the story and that you'll check out my other stories!!!!

~HAPPY READING