That Broken Winter

Bitter Sweet, Baby

Yoseob and Hana are sitting on a chair staring at four boys in front of them while crossing their arms in anger.

“You don’t need to kidnap us like that.” Hana grits her teeth angrily.

“Yeah, like you can’t text me,” said Yoseob while glaring at them. “Are you okay?” he asked Hana. But she ignores him.

“Sorry…we just need you guys without the others know,” said Taemin who’s making an apologetic smile.

“Fine, you got us. What’s the ruckus?” asked Yoseob.

“This is about Kikwang hyung and Hyosung noona,” said Sungjong, starting to get serious.

Yoseob and Hana change gazes, knowing that this time would come. They have to tell them about last year incident involving their precious hyung and noona.

“We’ll tell,” said Hana with a sigh.

“But, they need to go,” Yoseob looks at the two boys whose also waiting to know the story.

“They’re our friends and they also want to know about hyung and noona as much as we do…” said Taemin to Yoseob and Hana.

Yoseob and Hana agreed to let them stay.

 “How much did you know?” asked Yoseob that is now sitting leisurely on the couch and Hana also sits beside him.

“We knew that they broken up last year, few days before Christmas,” said Sungjong tapping his chin.

“Hyosung noona coloured her hair due to drunk,” continued Taemin.

“Kikwang hyung slept with Suzy,” added Sungjong and Yoseob just sigh.

 “Okay…you knew about that…” Hana said.

“Now, tell us the real deal,” Taemin and Sungjong stare at the both adult.

Yoseob and Hana change faces again. They don’t know how to tell this story actually because of many reasons.

 

[Flashback] - This flashback is told by Yoseob and Hana

Kikwang was really excited that day. He just bought a silver necklace for Hyosung to give her on Christmas. He also made many plans for them on Christmas like where to spend their Christmas, visiting each other families on Christmas and they want to cook together on that day. He can’t stop talking about his plans all week.

Same with Hyosung, she was ecstatic for Christmas. She can’t wait to spend her Christmas with Kikwang like the years before. She bought new clothes, set her hair and even bought Kikwang a pair of shoes that he wanted. There’s nothing wrong with their relationship at all.

But that day, our friends came to visit. We made MBLEAST reunion without the girls. Doojun, Seungho, Junhyung, Dongwoon, Joon and everyone came to visit, wanting to spend early Christmas since some of them can’t come back for Christmas.

Since the boys reunited, they can’t miss drinking. Plus, we all are legal to drink.

We spend a wonderful MBLEAST’s day. But then, Kikwang went out early in a sober state. He just drank 1 bottle of beer only.

He was supposed to meet Hyosung because she had sudden fever. I thought he would come and bring medicine but he never came that night.

“Where did he go?” asked Taemin in full curiosity.

“We don’t know what happen to him after he left that night,” said Yoseob meekly smiles.

“Then, how did you know he slept with Suzy?” Sungjong asked, frowning all the time.

The next morning, Kikwang came home in a messy state, clueless and in confuse.

“Hey, how’s Hyosung?” asked Doojun as he sips on his water.

“Hyo…” he said softly and run out from the house.

He went to Hyosung’s house and as soon as he sees her, he hugged her tightly and keeps on kissing her face while crying.

“I love you…” he mutters with tears.

“I’m not dying…my fever is getting better,” she laughs at his action.

“I’m sorry…” he said and he can’t stop crying.

Hyosung knew that something’s happen. He won’t cry without a reason.

Suddenly, Kikwang’s phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and answered the phone far from Hyosung.

“Suzy called him right?” asked Taemin eagerly.

Yeah. She called and suddenly she burst into Hyosung’s house with puffy eyes and messy hair.

“Suzy ah, what’s wrong?” Hyosung asked in concern looking at one of her hoobae in that condition.

“Oppa, you need to be responsible for what you did to me,” said Suzy while crying.

“Responsible? What is she talking about, Kikwang?” Hyosung frown at Suzy’s words.

“Hyo, I – “ before he could talk, Suzy opened .

“He took advantage at me last night!” Suzy yelled and we’re stunned by her words.

The boys came by to see the scene since our house is facing the girls’ house.

“What are you talking about, Suzy?” Hyosung asked in anger.

“He was drunk…when I tried to send him back…” Suzy stopped her words, sobbing and trying to clear the lumps in . “He took me to a small hotel and…” she cried louder, can’t finish her words.

The world started to revolved around Hyosung. Her knees were weak from her statement.

“Is it true, Kikwang?” she asked Kikwang.

He didn’t answered and holds his head in confusion.

“Is it true, Lee Kikwang?!” she yelled, glaring at him.

“I…I don’t remember.” He said softly, staring at her apologetically.

“Try to remember! Or you really slept with her?!” Hyosung shakes his body with tears falling down her eyes.

“I can’t remember a thing…” he softly said and blankly stares at her.

“I don’t give you my body and you look for her?!” Hyosung pounded his chest with her little fist.

She looked at him, hoping for a word that could prove he’s innocent but all fault pointed at him. She was disappointed; her world crumbles just in one night by one person that she loves so much. She ran inside her room and locked it.

“Hyo!” Kikwang knocked on her door but something else knocked him.

Doojun and Seungho’s fist has landed on his face and stomach.

“What did you do, Kikwang?” Seungho sternly asked.

“How could you break her heart?” Doojun spats out, glaring angrily at him.

“Is this how you prove your love after what you’ve been through?” Seungho reminded him at how hard they earn their love in the first place.

He was at loss. He stares at the crying girl near the door, his friends that started to turn his back and the door that kept him and Hyosung apart.

[End of Flashback]

 

“That’s why they broke up and Kikwang had to go to Suzy for responsibility.” Yoseob sighs and Sungjong started to tear up.

“This is really like a weekend drama on KBS,” sobbing Sungjong said.

“They had it tough…” Minho sighs.

“Wait, something’s not right about your story.” Sungjong immediately dried up his tears and frown.

“We’re telling the truth. That’s what really happens,” said Hana to the four boys and Yoseob nodded.

“No, that’s not Sungjong meant.” Taemin started to get the hang of it. “Kikwang hyung walks out from the bar in a sober state.” He started.

“Then, he came back the next morning in a messy state.” Sungjong continues while both of the twins are thinking deeply as if they’re Sherlock Holmes.

“Kikwang hyung couldn’t remember anything and that means…” Taemin trailed.

“Something happens between the time he left and the morning.” Hana exclaims, joining the twins’ speculation.

“Something’s not right.” Yoseob added and the four of them change faces and frown.

“Do you close with Suzy?” asked Sungjong at Hana.

“No…we met her during an event. Since then she started to hang out with Hyosung or Kikwang. But not all the time, sometimes,” Hana explains to them.

“Who are the people that close to Suzy?” asked Myungsoo with a serious tone.

 


Today, Hyosung gets ready to go out, perking up herself despite her problems. She wears a blue polka dot dress and white 3 inch wedges. She lets her silky purple haired loose at her back and lastly, she puts on a fake smile to show the world she’s okay.

“Where are you going?” Jieun asked who just entered the house with Yongguk.

“Out…” she simply answered.

“You’re going on a date…” teases Yongguk, wriggling his eyebrows.

“Shut up…I’m just having lunch with Jonghun.” She applies her lip gloss as the final touch.

“Jong who?” Yongguk frown at the unfamiliar name.

“Choi Jonghun…he’s from the Art & Performance department.” She said in hope they would know.

“Never heard of him…” Yongguk said, looking at Jieun, wondered if she knew.

“What year is he?” Jieun asked next.

“He’s our senior and quit acting like my parents,” with that, Hyosung walks out from the house leaving the two friends in daze.

“Who is he? She never talked about him before…” Jieun frowned.

“Forget about him…she’s moving on and we should move on too.” Yongguk chuckles while hugging Jieun’s waist.

“Yah! Sunhwa is home. Don’t try anything funny or I’ll bite your nose.” She slightly slaps Yongguk’s hand.

“Ouch…fine, I’ll have tea then I’ll go back.” Yongguk pouts playfully.

“Good boy…be back soon.” She kisses his cheek and walks into her room.

“Oh, Jieun…” he dreamingly said and falls down on the couch from her kiss.

 


“Isn’t this cute?” Hana asked Yoseob as she tugs onto his arm.

“Sure…you’ll look cuter with it.” He smiles at her putting the yellow headband on her head.

“Don’t push it…” Hana said with a smile, gritting her teeth.

“Come on, we use to be in love.” He whines.

“Use to be, Yoseob. We’re friends now and we decided to give spaces to each other.” She reminded him of the reason they’re in an on and off relationship.

“But-“he got cut off by a voice behind them.

“Guys, focus. Don’t lose her.” Taemin said in a whisper behind them, making them realise the reason they’re on a ‘date’ right now.

The two couple watch closely a girl they’ve been following for the past an hour. It was no other than Suzy, the main suspect for the crime.

 

“Author-nim, this is not a crime story. Get your facts right before write.” Sungjong shouted.

Shut up kiddo. Yoseob and Hana are playing spies. You too.

 

They are following Suzy to know more about the mysterious girl that suddenly shows up. Suzy walks into a tea house along with three other girls. The other girls don’t look very pleased meeting with Suzy and that add up more questions to the spies.

“Isn’t that…Hyosung noona?” Taemin said, pointing at the familiar figure that walks through the crowd with a guy.

“Let’s go…” Hana grabs Yoseob’s wrist and run into the tea house.

“We’re going to Hyosung noona. Record any information.” Sungjong reminded Yoseob and Hana.

They split into two groups and YoNa group sits at the table next to Suzy and her friends.

“Stop it Suzy! You’re hurting other people.” One of the girls slams the table with her fist.

“Just because you lose, you can’t feel jealous about it.” She ignorantly said to her.

“That’s Fei from the Culture Department. She’s our senior by one year.” Hana explains as she sees Suzy’s friends.

“This is not what we promised.” Her friend sternly said, crossing her arms.

“That’s Jia, Fei’s classmate.”

“You’re messing with fate, Suzy…” the one with the short hair and casual attire speaks in concern.

“That one is Min, Kikwang’s classmate.” Hana pointed at each of the name owner.

“What are they talking about?” asked Yoseob, frowning to understand their conversation.

“Let’s record first…” said Hana turning on her voice recorder.

“Is noona dating him?” Sungjong asked, gaping at the sight of Hyosung with another man.

“Not sure about that…she can’t be moving on so easily.” Taemin said while spying on her.

“He’s holding noona’s hand!” Sungjong gasped making both of them can’t sit still.

“We need to jump in the scene.” Taemin suggested and both walk leisurely to them.

The twins act like they’re having a funny conversation and laugh all the way. Hyosung turned her head to look at the familiar laughs that have a bit of Kikwang’s laughs.

“Taemin ah! Sungjong ah!” she shouted, calling both of them.

“Oh! Noona…” they pretended to see her and immediately join her ‘date’ with Jonghun.

Jonghun face started to turn solemn with the existence of the twins.

 


Seriously, me and Sungjong got some matter to discuss. = = He can't just jump into the story and talk to me..

Oh yeah, INTERNET!! im so happy right now! i got whole day access. (i wish)

Here's the update of this story..i hope this explains a lot.

Thanks for loving this story! Love ya'll. You are my no.1!!