1

Afterlife

Krystal's P.O.V

I woke up in a tree in the forest, I looked down at my hands which were covered in my own blood from numerous attempts to kill myself that had failed. I sighed and slid down from the tree weakly and limped to a stream and washed my hands and face. I wondered how Amber would be getting on, it was a shame she had to be dragged into all of this because of me.

"At least they will be happy without me.." I thought.

I looked down at my phone and noticed I had a message. I saw it was from Amber. I read it.

"You said you loved me Soojung :( - llama"

I didn't have the courage to answer it, so I walked around the forest when I walked into a man.

"K..Krys.. Is that you?" The man stuttered.

I looked up at him and saw he was almost crying.. It was my brother.

"Oppa.. I don't want you to see me like this.. Go home.." I said weakly.

"You have so much to live for though.. Your life is perfect.." He said. "Why are you doing this to yourself Krys.."

"It's far from perfect.. I broke her heart oppa.. I hurt her too many times.. It's too late.. But I know my heart is only for her.. No matter how hard I try to move on it doesn't work.. I've hurt her.. I hurt Victoria too.. I'm horrible oppa.." I croaked.

"...Is this really how you want it to be then? If you want to disappear why haven't you ended it yet?" He asked, looking at me seriously.

"All my attempts have failed." I said. "Help me oppa.. End it for me.." I pulled a knife out of my pocket and looked over at him.

"..Lie down.." He said, taking the knife.

"Can I just send a few messages.. So that they all know I'm gone for good.." I said.

He nodded. I took out my phone and began to send messages. The first was to Amber.

"I'm sorry llama, but your princess is dying now.. And will probably be dead by the time you read this.. Saranghae.."

The next one was to Victoria.

"By the time you read this I'll be dead. Have a good life with Ssul."

Then the final one was to Sulli.

"By the time you get this I'll most likely be dead. I thought you'd just like to know. I lasted longer than I thought. Don't let anyone know what happened to me. Don't ever talk about me again."

"Ready?" He asked as he saw me put my phone in my pocket.

I nodded. "Try to make it quick.."

"I'm sorry for this Krys.. But at least you'll be happier.." He said slowly, then he quickly ed the knife into my stomach and twisted it around.

I cried out in pain and curled up, unable to speak. I closed my eyes and felt the life drain out of me as I slowly passed away.

 

Sulli's P.O.V

I woke up and instantly looked next to me to see if Krystal had returned.. But she hadn't. I secretly missed her but I didn't show it infront of the others, I wanted to seem strong. I checked my phone and saw a message from Krystal, as I began to read it Amber came in crying loudly.

"Hyung.. Whats w-wrong?" I asked.

"Sh-She's gone.. K-Krys is g-gone.." Amber sobbed.

"No.. It c-can't be.." I gasped.

"It's true.. She sent a message to umma too.. But umma's message was cold.." Amber said slowly.

"I.. I need some time alone.." I said.

Amber nodded then left. I got dressed and left without saying anything and climbed up onto the roof and let my emotions flow out. I cried a lot, I screamed, I yelled, I hit myself so many times. In the end I collapsed on the floor. I looked at my hands and saw the ring Krystal had given to me. Instantly I felt old memories come back...

FLASHBACK...

"You are.. Choi Jinri.. Yes?" The small awkward girl said, looking up at me.

I nodded. "What's your name? Are we going to be members of a group?"

"I'm Krystal.. But you can call me Soojung if it's easier for you to say." She said.

After that, we got to know each other and became best friends.

SECOND FLASHBACK...

"Sulli-ah, come sit with me~" Krystal called from the other side of the room.

I slowly went and sat next to her and she pulled me into a tight hug.

"You're clingy today." I said, giggling.

"There's something I wanna tell you Ssul.. I've been hiding it for a while.." She said slowly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I.. I feel things.. Other than just liking you as a friend.. I love you.. More than best friends..  I don't know if you feel the same, I'm so nervous to tell you in case you don't feel the same.." She said quietly.

"Oh Soojung-ah, that's cute." I said, smiling. "And of course I love you too in  the same way."

"Really?" She looked up at me and beamed.

I nodded. She pulled me even closer and we shared another tight hug.

THIRD FLASHBACK...

We were on top of the roof of our dorm together watching the sunset. It was our second year anniversary together. I didn't want to make a big fuss about it because of our schedules, but Krystal insisted we spent time alone together.

"These two years have been the best two years of my life.. I finally found someone who can make me feel so happy all the time.. I love you so much Jinri.." She said, smiling. "And like I said two years ago, there's something I wanna tell you.." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small box and opened it. "I love you so much and I'm willing to spend the rest of my life with you, Jinri, will you marry me?"

"Oh S-Soojung..Of course I will!" I sobbed happily.

She put the ring on my finger and held me close and I noticed she was also crying with happiness too.

END OF FLASHBACKS.

I felt a strong wind pick up. I sat up and leaned against a box that was on the roof. I felt like someone was watching me so I looked around.. Then I saw her.. Krystal..

"Soojung.." I sobbed.

She looked at me and shook her head, then she started to speak. Her voice echoed around my head and I felt dizzy.

"Go on without me Jinri.. I know you can.. Move on.. Be happy.." She said.

"How can I move on when I can't get over you.." I said sadly.

"..Pretend I was never here.. Pretend there was never a Soojung.. Find someone else to make you happier than I did.." She said. She sounded sad.

"I don't want to forget though.." I said.

"Then don't forget.." She walked over slowly and I managed to stand up and our eyes met. "I'll always be here Jinri.. In your heart.. And if you want to talk, come to our special place.. But I want you to be happy.. That's all I wish for you.. Happiness.. I'll watch over you.. I'll keep you safe.. Even though I hurt you so many times, I just wish the best for you.." She said. "Saranghae Jinri.." Then she disappeared.

"Soojung! Come back!" I yelled.

"..She's gone.." I heard a voice behind me.

I looked over and saw Amber.

"She.. She was just here though.." I said.

Amber shook her head. "You're seeing things, now come on back inside.."

Amber lead me inside and sat me down on the couch where we all sat in silence.

A FEW YEARS LATER...

I was on the roof watching the sunset. It was supposed to be mine and Krystal's 9th anniversary.

"Soojung.. Where are you.." I whispered.

I felt the wind pick up again, then her shape appeared next to me. "I'm here Jinri.."