Chapter One

Your Guardian Angel

Kris' POV

" Guys! Let's go, we're gonna be late! The manager's gonna get mad at us again!" I yelled as I made sure that all my stuff were packed in my bag, and hung it on my shoulder.

" Coming, duizhang!" eleven other boys yelled from their rooms, as they prepared their stuff.

" Okay. Just be quick. We're running late!" I yelled as I slumped on the couch and rested my eyes.

Yeah, this is my life as the leader, or as the boys would call it, "duizhang." I act as a father, I act as a nagger, well not really because someone else does that job, and most importantly, I do my best in order for my eleven other brothers to be at good hands.

" Duizhang-ge, are you ready?" Zitao asked as he placed his panda-printed beanie on his head.

Zitao was the maknae, or the youngest. He was the youngest of EXO-M, while Sehun was the youngest of EXO-K, and the entire EXO. He knew wushu, and all sorts of martial arts. Not to forget that he was a great dancer.

" Yeah, I am. Where are the others?" I asked the Chinese maknae as I fixed his beanie.

" Well, Minseok-hyung's still busy putting gel on his hair. Baekhyun-hyung's putting eyeliner, and I think Chanyeol-hyung went back to sleep." Zitao replied.

" Aish, really. They're taking so long!" I complained.

" I know. This is the new generation, gege. And this time, even boys are conscious about their image." Zitao said, as he took his Gucci cellphone case out of his bag, took out the phone and sat down on the couch.

" Hey! Faster! We're gonna be late!" I yelled one more time, and this time, someone bothered to listen.

" Looks like someone's mad early in the morning." Jongdae said, wearing his Ray-ban shades.

" Really? You're wearing shades in the dorm? Seriously, wear that when we're out." I said as I took the shades off the main vocal's eyes and stuffed it in his bag.

" Aish. Hyung, come on, you gotta admit, I look cool with these shades." Jongdae said as got the shades from his bag and placed them back on.

" I told you to wear them later, and please, don't wear it because you look like a dork." I said as I got the shades off his eyes again, and this time, shoved them in my bag.

Jongdae was a troll. Like literally, a troll. It's kind of annoying to be his friend, honestly. But, once he starts trolling us, you can't help but realize how his cute side suddenly emerges. I'm saying this as his older brother, but, he is really adorable. But, if he sings, I warn you, you better cover your ears if you're not a fan of perfection.

" Yah. Hyung, please give me my shades back." Jongdae said as he tried to reach for his shades in my bag.

" No." I said as I blocked him, with one hand.

" Come on, duizhang. I wanna look sophisticated." Jongdae begged.

I sighed, because that side of Jongdae made him cute. I was prepared to give his shades back  when someone yelled:

" Don't give him his shades! I swear! You wouldn't want to embarrass him."

I peeped over Jongdae's shoulder and I saw Minseok going out his room.

" Aish, hyung. Really? You're on his side too?" Jongdae asked.

" I'm sorry, Jongdae. But, he is right, you look like an idiot. " Minseok said as he patted the main vocal's head.

Minseok was the baby-face of the group. I mean, the first time I met him, I thought he was the freaking maknae! And I thought that he was younger than me. But, when I found out that he was eight months older than me, all I did was mentally slap myself.

" Oh come on guys. Why can't you just accept my style?" Jongdae asked.

" Because if we accept your style, we're just telling you that you look like a total ." Zitao replied, finally getting his eye of his phone.

Minseok snorted, which led to Zitao laughing, and which led to me laughing as well.

"  Hey. What's with the laughing?" Luhan asked as he went out of his room, with his hand interlocked with Sehun's.

" I guess they're talking about Jongdae-hyung's glasses again." Sehun guessed.

Yeah, so Luhan. Another baby-face of the group. A person seven months older than me. And a person I thought was a freaking girl. And again, when I found that he was a boy, I mentally slapped myself. Sehun, on the other hand, was the maknae. The maknae of all EXO. He seems to be pretty attached to Luhan. For instance, when EXO-M goes to China, all they do is just Skype and no one even gets to use the computer. Sometimes, I just think they're gay and that they're in a relationship, but, it's just weird to think of them of that.

" Seriously, Jongdae. Why can't you accept the fact that these glasses don't match you." Luhan said, getting the glasses from Kris' bag.

" Yeah, Zhong Da. It doesn't match you." Sehun added as he took the glasses from Luhan, and placed it on him.

Luhan,on the other hand, paused when realized that the glasses were on him, and asked:

" So? How does thing look in me?"

" Well, to be honest, you look great." Zitao replied.

" Yeah. It actually looks great on him." Minseok added.

" Yeah, Lu-ge. It suits you." Sehun said as he ruffled his hyung's hair.

" But, it suits you more." Luhan said placed the glasses on Sehun and started fixing his hair for him.

" Oh Gosh. P.D.A. again." I complained as I sat down on the couch, and let HunHan be in their own world.

" Guys, you're so mean. I swear, I'd rather put on eyeliner. I'll just go to Baekhyun." Jongdae said as he went to the other main vocal's room, and placed on some eyeliner.

I looked at my watch, and it was exactly eight-thirty. Our schedule starts at nine, and I swear, we were running late.

" Guys, it's eight-thirty. We're gonna be late!" I yelled.

" Duizhang, we're here." Jongin and Kyungsoo said as they ran from their room.

" Oh My God. What took you guys so long?" I asked.

" Sorry, we had to do something." Jongin replied.

" Yeah, something really important." Kyungsoo added.

" Like what? Watching ?" I asked.

This silenced the two boys.

" Burn. They watched ." Sehun mumbled.

Luhan immediately shushed him, and awkward silence filled the room.

Jongin and Kyungsoo. Another pair that I think that they're gay. For some reason, I really think they're scared of me, especially Kyungsoo. But, on the bright side, I really like Kyungsoo because he's adorable, he's a great singer, and he really cooks well. Jongin, on the other hand, is a great dancer. And, on the outside, he might look fierce, and strong and all that, but on the inside, he's a kind, and loving person.

" So, tell me. What did you do?" I asked them.

" Um, we--" Jongin said, but got cut of by Kyungsoo.

" We had to fix our remaining stuff." Kyungsoo said.

I nodded my head, even though I knew that they were lying. Like, I swear, only I could pull of a lie that bad.

" Okay. I just hope you guys aren't lying." I said as I rested my head on the couch.

The two boys sighed, which gave me the clue that they were indeed lying.

Afterwards, Yixing went out of our shared room, holding a book and his phone.

" Really, Zhang Yixing, you still have time to read at this time?" I asked him.

" Well, yeah. In the waiting room, I could read there. Anyway, I borrowed this from Joonmyeon and he said that this was a great book, so, I guess it's worth giving a shot." Yixing replied as he stuffed his things in his bag.

I nodded my head, because I know that Yixing wants to do it. Yixing's a really kind boy. He loves composing songs, he loves playing instruments and he loves dancing, and to mention his cooking skills. I know that he was really meant to be an artist.

" So, are we all ready?" Yixing asked.

" Well, no. The beagle line's still in their room, and I have no idea where Joonmyeon is." Luhan replied.

" Still? What's taking them so long?" Yixing asked sounding a little impatient.

" Yah! You guys took long as well, you know. I came here before all of you did." Zitao replied, emphasizing the words "all of you did."

" Okay, sure. But, shouldn't at least they be done by now?" Sehun asked.

" Yeah. They're taking too long. Well, I'm sure Baekhyun-hyung's still putting eyeliner, plus he's putting eyeliner on Jongdae-hyung. But, they should be done by now." Jongin said as he sat down on the couch, beside me.

" Could someone just please call them. We're getting late." Kyungsoo asked.

" I did, like three times already." I said, emphasizing 'three times already' to make them realize how awfully slow they move.

It was silent before Minseok cleared his throat and said:

" Guys, you might want to cover your ears."

" Oh, there he goes again." Yixing said as he covered his ears, which gave the signal for the other boys to cover their ears.

He cleared his throat and yelled:

"YAH KIM JOONMYEON! BYUN BAEKHYUN !KIM JONGDAE ! PARK CHANYEOL! COME ON AND MOVE YOUR LAZY ASSES FASTER! WE'RE RUNNING LATE SO LET'S GO!"

His voice echoed throughout our dormitory, until it slowly faded away.

" Coming." a reply came from a room.

" Finally."  I said,  accompanied with a sigh.

Afterwards, Baekhyun came out of his room. He had his eyeliner on, and behind him, were Jongdae and Chanyeol, with eyeliner as well.

" So, is eyeliner better than those glasses?" Jongdae asked, showing off his eyes.

" Better. Way better."  Luhan commented as Sehun gave him a thumbs-up.

" Okay." Jongdae nodded his head as he approached me and sat down on the floor.

" What took you so long?" I asked them.

" Well, we were putting eyeliner. You know, now's the time to look cool." Baekhyun replied.

" Yeah, and we need to look handsome for the fans." Chanyeol said, as he smiled, revealing his sparkling white teeth.

Well, as you know, Byun Baekhyun, the eyeliner king, or queen I suppose. He spends most of his time looking at his eyes, or fixing his hair, or if not, he vocalizes in front of the mirror. Chanyeol, on the other hand, or should I say ' Happy Virus' is the mood maker of the group. He always brings something new to the group, and he always says stuff that aren't even funny, but because of him, everyone just ends up laughing.

" So, are we complete?" Baekhyun asked.

I did a head count on us, and I realized that we were only eleven.

" We're only eleven." I said.

" Someone's missing." Kyungsoo added.

" Well, it might be no other than--" Yixing said, but got cut off by Minseok shouting:

" YAH! KIM JOONMYEON HARABEOJI !!"

" I'm here. I'm here." Joonmyeon said as he went out of his room, bringing his bag and everything he needed.

" Finally, you're out." Zitao said, as he kept his phone.

" Guys it's eight-forty. We have twenty minutes to go there, or if not, we'll get scolded again." I said as I stood up, and opened the door.

" So, what are we waiting for? Let's go." Joonmyeon said as he ran outside the room, and led everyone down to the basement, where our SUV van was parked.

We hurried going in the van, I sat in the front seat, while the other boys at at the passengers' seat.

" We gotta hurry up, or we'll all be scolded." Luhan said.

" Yeah, let's move faster." Sehun added.

" Drive faster, driver-hyung." Kyungsoo requested.

" Yeah, we're already running late." Jongin added.

" No. You guys have to move faster next time. You guys move so slow, I mean, you guys have to double time." I told them, as I eyed each and everyone of them.

" I moved fast. It was just them." Zitao mumbled, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

" I'm talking to all of you in general. I'm not blaming anyone." I said.

" Well, we all moved as fast as we could." Yixing murmured, as he placed his earphones on.

" Yeah, I mean. We weren't purposely slowing ourselves down." Jongdae added.

" I know you guys weren't doing that on purpose. I'm just reminding you to move faster next time." I said, turning my back on them.

" Okay." Chanyeol and Baekhyun replied.

" I just hope all of you understand what I'm saying." I said with a sigh.

" Arasseo." Minseok replied.

" I can only hear Minseok. Do you guys get what I'm saying?" I asked.

" Arasseo." the ten of them replied. Ten meaning the members, and not including the other leader.

" That includes you too, Joonmyeon." I said.

" Arasseo." Joonmyeon replied as he nodded his head.

" Okay, good." I said as I placed my earphones on and listened to music.

Being leader is sure one hell of a responsibility. But, before I go to my 'being-a-leader' and all those stuff, I wanna tell you something about Joonmyeon. Kim Joonmyeon is EXO-K's leader. Kim Joonmyeon is an angel. His smile, his white skin and sparkling eyes proved such. He was the guardian of EXO, and he was there to be with us all the time. All in all, he was perfect.

So, I rested my head on my headrest and closed my eyes, trying to escape the reality of me being the leader and all that.
 




Joonmyeon's POV

I know what Kris felt. Being leader is tiring and sure is one hell of a responsibility. Being leader makes you feel old, bossy and a snob. But, for some reason, Kris was more of that than me. He was the real leader of EXO. He was the real head. He was like Peter Pan, and we were his lost boys.

I saw how Kris rested his eyes and leaned on the headrest. And, I felt how tired he was managing us, especially when our manager wasn't there. I really pitied him, because I knew that he wasn't feeling good at all. We laugh, he simply smiles, but, deep inside I knew that he was sad. He doesn't say anything to us because he doesn't want us to worry. You may ask why I know how Kris feels, well, as I said, I'm also EXO's leader.

Anyway, our schedule today's pretty loose. First, we record for Music Bank, with our new title song "Wolf". That might probably take long because I promised Sehun that we'd watch all the performances and stay there until all the groups finish their recording. After that, we're gonna have a little sight-seeing, or joyride around the place, and afterwards, we're gonna have dinner, my treat, just to mention.

So, back to reality. Kris was leaning on his headrest, and his position, did not look comfortable at all.

" Hey, shouldn't we wake Kris up? He looks really uncomfortable." I whispered to Zitao, who was sitting beside me.

" Hyung, probably you don't wanna ruin his sleeping time." Zitao replied.

" Yeah, he seems pretty dead tired waiting for us." Jongin added.

" But guys, look at him. He's gonna have a stiff neck with that and he might not be able to perform well later." I said, clearly expressing on how worried I was with him.

" Then, he kinda has to bear with it." Chanyeol jokingly said.

" Yeah, if he has a stiff neck, then, that's his fault already." Baekhyun added.

" Guys, come on. Aren't you at least worried about him?" I asked.

" Well, yeah. We're worried about him, but, hyung, he's sleeping. I'd rather just let him sleep than wake him up because of his neck." Kyungsoo replied.

" Yeah, and by the way. You would not like him when you wake him up." Luhan added.

" Why is that?" I asked.

" Well, it's because he goes all: RAGH!!!!" Minseok imitated.

" Yeah. Last time I woke him up, he was so close to pulling my hair off." Yixing said.

" Yeah, and he also tried kicking me in my misters the last time I woke him up." Jongdae added.

" Woah. Didn't even know he'd do that." I mumbled.

" Well, now you know. So, it's better not to touch him and let him wake up on his own." Sehun said as he leaned on Luhan's shoulder.

I nodded my head as I placed my earphones on, and ignore a totally exhausted Wu Yifan sleeping in an uncomfortable position.

The drive going to the recording place was quite quick when driver-hyung drive over a hundred miles an hour. I stared at my watch, it was eight-fifty-nine. Clearly, we were already late. Well, that was unless we made time stop, or we travelled in the speed of light. But, this was reality, we would be late for the recording.

Five minutes later, we arrived at the recording place. Finally, Kris-hyung woke up and went back to his 'being-a-leader" self.

" Where are we?" Kris asked.

" Hyung, we're in the recording place. Let's go." I replied.

Kris looked at his watch, and widened his eyes when he saw the time.

" Oh ing , it's nine-o-five. We gotta go." Kris said as he grabbed his bag and went out of the car.

" Yah, gege. Wait for us." Yixing said as he opened the door of the passengers' area, and led everyone out of the van.

We ran from our van going to the backstage of the Music Bank Studio. We didn't pass from the main entrance because a lot of fans would be waiting for us, and they would just block us from entering and make us late all the more. At least, the backstage entrance saved some time.

When we entered the backstage entrance, we saw our manager, looking clearly mad.

" What the hell took you do long? It's nine-o-eight. You were supposed to be here eight minutes ago. You guys were supposed to be the first presenters, since you guys weren't here, 100% and Vixx decided to take over your performances." the manager said, clearly mad.

" I'm really sorry, manager-hyung." Kris apologized on behalf of all of us.

" Someone has to explain why the hell all of you were late." The manager demanded.

" Well, we decided to out our own make-up." Baekhyun replied.

" And style ourselves up." Jongdae added.

" Without the help of the stylist noonas." Chanyeol said.

" Well, that should have only taken about thirty minutes, I mean, how slow do you boys move without me?" the manager asked, clearly insulting us.

" Sorry, manager-hyung. But, I guess we lost track of time." Kyungsoo lied.

" Yeah, we probably didn't notice that it was time." Jongin added.

" Oh come on. Don't try to fool me boys. I know you guys were moving slow so that you'd miss the recording." the manager said.

" No, of course not! We wouldn't do that!" Luhan replied.

" Yeah, we'd never miss the recording!" Sehun added.

" And please, manager-hyung, we wouldn't lie to you. What we're telling you is the absolute truth." Minseok said.

" Don't try to act smart with me, boys. And please, don't act innocent." the manager said with a snub.

" We weren't acting smart nor innocent in front of you." Yixing murmured.

" Yeah, we were just telling the plain truth." Zitao added.

" Whatever. You guys need to fix up and get ready for your performance. I can't believe you guys are late again. Now go, I don't want to see your faces until after the recording. Go!"  the manager said, totally ignoring all our explanations.

The rest of the boys immediately went to the dressing room and styled themselves up. While the manager called Kris, and led him to a place where they were alone.

Because I was just so sneaky, I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation, and once I did, this is what I picked up from it:

" So, explain to me why you were late."

" We moved slow."

Afterwards, I heard a loud slap.

. The manager just slapped Kris. I can't believe that he'd do that to him. I mean, he's slapping EXO's leader, and that does not look good.

" We moved slow. That's just plain bull."

" I'm sorry, manager-hyung."

" Well, tell me. Who made all of you late? Who was the last one to finish?"

It was silent for a moment, that was because Kris was thinking. I knew he was gonna say my name, because he never lies in front of the manager.

" Joonmyeon. It was Joonmyeon."

See, I told you, he'd say my name.

" . You guys always get late because of Joonmyeon.  You know what, you can go. I'm gonna have to teach Joonmyeon a lesson."

" Wait!"

" Let go of my arm, Kris."

" Please, don't hurt him. Don't hurt any other member, don't hurt Joonmyeon. Just, please, spare him. You could hit me instead."

I gasped once I heard this come out from Kris' mouth. I mean, he was willing to get hurt for EXO, and he would do anything to protect us from the manager.

" Hmm. I guess that would do fine."

Afterwards, a louder and sharper slap was heard.

To be honest, when the manager hit Kris-hyung, it hurt me too. Well, I guess I'm connected with all the members because whatever they feel, I feel as well.

" Go. I don't want to see your face until after the recording. "

" Arasseo."

I heard foot steps approaching, so I immediately turned back and walked away. I went to the dressing room, where the other EXO members were busy dressing themselves.

" EXO, you have one minute." the backstage coordinator said.

" Okay." I said as I placed my bag down, and put a little powder on me.

Afterwards, I led the boys,  and met up with Kris, who was with a backstage coordinator.

He had that smile on his face, a clear fake smile. I knew he was hurting, and he was trying to hide everything. He didn't want us to know what happened between him and the manager, so, all he does is just smile.

" EXO, are you ready?" Kris asked.

" Yes." all of us replied.

" Okay. Let's get this show on the road." Kris said as he placed his hand in the middle of the circle.

We all placed our hands in the middle of the circle, and said what we usually say before performances:

" We are One! We are EXO!"

Afterwards, we went on stage and performed "Wolf."

After performing, we stayed at the backstage and watched a lot of groups perform. It was hot, but, a promise is a promise. Sehun really wanted to stay there until the end, so, we all stayed and watched the performances.

Recording ended at about three p.m. So, we went sight-seeing around Seoul. We ate some snacks, took some pictures and spent the entire afternoon like there was no tomorrow, like it was our last day together.

Everyone was happy, well, not really everyone. Kris, was clearly depressed about what happened earlier during the recording. Instead of talking and laughing with us, Kris was simply nodding his head, and he preferred to just stay silent.

Well, that's something I should worry about as EXO's leader. I guess, that leaves me until dinner time to confront him.

So, after sight-seeing for about three hours, we went to a restaurant, and ate our dinner then.

Everything went pretty well, it was just Kris that bothered me the most.

 

// A.N. Nothing really sad for this chapter. //