Cherry Red

Cherry Red [Oneshot]

Jay's POV
--------------------


The dead remenants of summer crinkled beneath my shoes as I walked through the park. The trees had aged and their bony, dry fingers reached out at me as I passed them. I took the cherry lollipop from my mouth and breathed heavily, watching the warm air come from my mouth. Autumn. My favorite time of the year. The lollipop back in my mouth, I plopped under a tree, sending leaves fluttering around me, fighting for elbow room. 

What am I going to do today? All the other Dae Guk Nam Ah members are busy... Aigoo! Who is that cute redheaded girl waving at me? She looks American... 

I waved back at her, smiling. She ran off to a few asian girls and joined their giggling. 

I looked up at the sky and sighed. Today is so peaceful.... AND YET SO BORING.

A charming little tinkling noise teased my ears. 

What was that? I turned my head towards the noise. 

It was coming from behind the tree! I pulled myself up and ran around the tree. 

Nothing's behind it.... I leaned against the tree, dissapointed. The bark irritated my skin. Aish, I'm just crazy.

The tinkling noise rang again, this time coming from the bushes by a trash can. I ran towards it, excited. My hand on the edge of the trash can, I leaned into the bushes, looking for the source of the sounds...

AND I WAS ATTACKED BY A FLOWER. A flying red flower flew into my face and began tickling my nose, cheeks, and ears. 

"AHHHH!" I fell over backwards, still being attacked by the flower. I pulled the lollipop out of my mouth. "STOP, STOP!" I cried, giggling. The flower, suprisingly obeyed and sat on my nose. I say sat because it had a . And legs. And arms, and a face, and everything else normal people have. Except it was tiny. And it had wings.

A FAIRY!!!! She was beautiful... her brown hair was cut short and messy, as if a five year old cut it with safety scizzors. Her makeshift dress was a rose with the center hollowed out for her tiny body, a small brown cord wrapping the flower around her body securely. The fairy stared at me, motionless, a curious smile on her face.

What are you supposed to do with a fairy sitting on your face? I did the only thing I could think of to do. Use someone else's brain. Slowly and without breaking eye contact with the fairy, I reached into my front pocket and pulled out my cell phone. I pressed a couple buttons.

To: Mika hyung
hyung. theres a fairy on my nose. what do i do??


I pressed the send button and held onto the phone, still looking at the fairy. Dead leaves poked the bare skin on my neck. I wanted bitterly to itch it. My phone vibrated. The fairy jumped suddenly, then flew away back towards the tree. 

"Wait, don't go! You're pretty!" I called after it, getting up. Running back to the tree, I flipped open my phone.

1 New Message
From:
 Mika hyung
sure there is. dont bother me, dongsaeng i am busy.


I sighed. Mika never understood. I looked for the fairy. She was sitting at the base of the tree. But I new someone who would understand.... 

To: Injoon hyung
i found a fairy! what do i do hyung?


I kept my eyes on the fairy, not moving. I didn't want to scare her away. For a couple minutes, we watched each other. I suddenly remembered my lollipop. I brought it back to my mouth and it. My phone vibrated again, taking me out of my trance.

1 New Message 
From:
 Injoon-hyung
AISH! CATCH IT DONGSAENG AND MAKE IT GIVE YOU A WISH!


Ooooh. A wish. I took a couple steps backward and looked into the trash can. 

Perfect. An empty glass jar. I picked it up and unscrewed the lid. Cautiously, I sniffed it. 

Ah. Kimchi.

Slowly, I walked towards the fairy. She had curled up into a ball on her side, her eyes shut. The sound of leaves crinkling beneath my feet was becoming familiar.. A couple steps closer. One more. I brought the jar lid down around the fairy, startling her. She jumped up and threw herself against the glass, giving me sad, sad eyes.

"Please let me go, boy!" she whined. 

I blinked. "You can talk?"

She slid down the class, rolling her eyes. "Duh."

I coughed nervously. "I- I won't let you go... until... you er- give me a wish!"

The fairy laughed. "Okay, boy. What do you want?"

I fell on my . I hadn't thought of that. I the lollipop thoughtfully. Hm. I took it out and examined it. Cherry Red. "I want red hair," I said decidedly.

The fairy giggled. "Let me out and I'll grant your wish."

I smiled, excited. "Okay!" I took the jar off. The fairy flew up to my face and pinched my nose. "Fairies can't grant wishes, silly boy!" she laughed madly and flew away.

I sat, gaping. They can't? A minute passed....

INJOON HYUUUUUNG. I pouted to myself.

Sighing, I got up and walked home. Putting my cold hands in my pockets, I chewed on the lollipop, dissapointed.


next morning
--------------------


I yawned and stretched. An autumn morning... cold air was flowing in through the open window.

Aish, I must have left it open. I pushed back the covers and swung my legs out of bed. Something caught my eye on my bedside table I hadn't noticed before. It was a bottle. I picked it up and examined it.

A bottle of hair dye. The shade? I squinted and read, "Cherry Red".

-------------------

A/N: I wrote this awhile back so I don't think it's as good... but I hope you liked it! Please comment <3