LUCKIEST

You, Me and Forever.

You, Me and Forever.

Chapter 3

GERALD: ‘LUCKIEST.’

       'Oh Kim. ahm I know this is lame but I think I wanna spend the rest of my night with you.’ I said as she reveals her name.  ‘Can I buy you a drink. Let's get to know each other and you know.. if that doesn't bothers you.' Gaad, why can't I pick decent words to get this beautiful woman go with me for a talk? Just a talk. Swear I'll keep my eyes off her chest and her arms and her neck. And I’ll supress the urge to touch her. I will. I’ll just focus on her eyes, it’s more than enough. Her eyes are so beautiful. Gerald on her eyes. Remember how you used to be good at this with other girls? ‘Look it's my birthday and I saw you, we danced and you're.. This is overwhelming. And I'd like to be the luckiest man by buying you a drink and being able to talk with you for awhile.' What the am I saying? Now she looks nervous. She might run, Gad please. No! 'I..am..’ ‘..I don't drink.' 'Oh sorry, I don't mean.. I really don't know.. what about cola, juice or..''Iced coke is perfect!' 'Coke with lots of ice? that?' She gave me a genuine smile and we sat near the bar counter while waiting for our drinks. I made it. I’m right here next with her for a drink and a talk. I get the glimpse of her vanilla scent once again. God, I've never been lucky like these in my life, I wanted to punch the air.  I'll never let this girl slip away. No way.
      'You don't drink and I've never seen you with anyone other than those three who seem to be asian too like you, I hope there'll be no guy later who'd gonna kick my for talking with you.' I wish. Please. I wish. Cos I'm gonna die if she's with someone else. ‘Actualy they are my cousins..the other girl is my cousin’s girlfriend.’ She gave me a quizical look. ‘No I.. I don’t have boyfriend or any guy with me, not unless you're planning on something dark on me. Swear my Uncle is just up, he would kick your . Even if your a permanent costumer here.' I can't help but stare at her cherry lips as she talks. The way her cheeks curve and dimple rise when she smiles are . I wanted to touch those cheeks, it must be soft. But stop Gerald. Those are the exact thoughts you aren’t far from doing something dark with this girl. You're gonna scare her away. And scaring her away is the least you want at this moment. 'Ofcourse not. No way.' Oh God, How am I going to look at her in a way she'll trust me. In away she’ll never think I have a dark plan. I have, but I’m never gonna do it with her. She’s not one of those girls. I’ll earn her trust religiously. Gerald keep calm and take it slow. ‘Trust me.’ I add. 'Hah! You sure? You we're just staring at my chest earlier. ert!' Oh no. Those words. That stare. There was no hint of regret the way she just dropped her words. Did I really stared at her chest for too long. Haha Why do I find this Girl funny with that stare. 'Oh no. Kim. I'm really very sorry if I did that. I was just.. that red top just seem familiar.' She looks annoyed and very cute at the same time. I can't help but smile. 'Oh My God! It's you!' She rubs her temple and she look embarassed. 'In the department store..' Oh God. how could I forgot the scene earlier, 'In the counter..' we both blurt out. Laughing at the incident earlier and how we didn’t recognize each other. I've never met a girl who laughs at her embarassment the way this girl does. I love how she chuckles. It’s like a music. Swear I would do anything for that laugh….
       'My mom is Filipina, you must be asian right?' I asked her as we continue drinking. 'Wow! really? My Mom's half Filipina, too. My dad married her in Philippines.' 'Oh right! You're dad is?' 'Chinese. My Mom's is half Filipino half Chinese. We've been living in the Philippines since then.' 'Wow. I've been in Philippines one Christmas. And I really loved it there.' The way she talks is like listening to a lecture back in Nursery school. She talks like it is her job. I feel like I'm one of those babies she's lecturing with. Time slipped fast and the guys in the bar are getting lesser. I don't even know where my friends are. But I don't care as long as I've got to spend more time with this amazing Chinese cutie.

  • END of chapter THREE, GERALD’s POV. –