Final

Attack

 

The sound of crunching, dead leaves and heavy breaths ringed through Alex's ears as she trots around the edge of the thick forest. Every step young Alex take she'll swing her heard from left to right and vise versa, she was scared, scared as hell. Alex wanted to go back to her nice warm home but she can't, for her father's sake and her own sake. She didn't want wolves or any dangerous animal be near by her house and harm her family, the greatest thing she hold close to her. It'll be hell if she looses her own family.
 
As little Alex heard yet another one of those wolf howls she snapped her head to the front and lightly jogged to that direction. While clutching 
to her father's hunting rifle that was made to kill large animals like bears or wolves. She didn't like to kill animals but desperate times come desperate need and this is more than a desperate time. Her family might be a stake and she she can't risk that. Even meaning risking her own life for them.
 
A burst of autumn's air rushed passed Alex making her shiver and snuggle into her think jacket she was wearing. It was about 7 degrees celsius as Alex had guessed and the poor girl was shivering from the inside out, making her feel sick in the stomach. She tried to refocus her thoughts to the current situation but cold took over her so badly that she leaned over a tree, heaving out yet nothing's coming out because of her shivering stomach. Alex wanted to back home.
 
Alex was stunned from how far she went into the woods. She was allowed to be arounds the edges of the wood but this far, her parents forbid it. She going to be in great trouble when she comes back home. But that's won't be for awhile because she was lost, she went so far and yet didn't keep track of where is was going. Alex examine her surroundings in panic as she was trying to figure out a smart and safe way to go back home.
 
Unfortunately for Alex her plan won't be in process for now when she heard growls from a not-so-safe distance. The only plan for Alex now was to run for her life and never come back. Fear overwhelmed Alex as she was running while holding the gun which was too heavy to run with. Quietly praying to be saved from whatever animal that is chasing her, because it'll take a miracle to get her out of this problem. To make matters worse she looked over her shoulder to she what animal was chasing her but all see could see was pure red eyes.
 
Alex's face lit up as she came up with a idea that might, just might get her out of this sticky situation. Out of no where she made a turn into a cluster of thick, big trees and with all of her power climbed up one of them. Making the animal confused and went off to another direction, thinking that Alex was going in that direction.
"I.can't.believe.I.pulled.that.off," poor Alex whispered to herself with breaths in between each word, thinking she outsmarted the dangerous animal.
 
It took a good five minuets for Alex to regain her breaths and strength to even think. She was deciding between staying here for the night and go back in the morning or go now while she still can. The decision was utterly hard, she slowly grew in panic as she was choosing this decision. Before could even choose, tiredness over took her and slowly fell asleep. Hoping this was all a dream, a bad dream. After for awhile Alex slowly flittered her eyes open, only to see branches that the moonlight hit and patches of the night sky. A tear rolled down the young girl's cheek, realising the chase was real, not a dream. Suddenly the youngin' felt a piercing pain in leg, she scream in fear and pain before she was dragged down from the tree to the cold, hard ground and boy that hurt.
 
A bunch of cries and screams escaped the girl's mouth as she was under excruciating pain by what it felt like a wolf dragging her away by her leg. She looked over her left shoulder to have an examine of she thought of was a wolf. And she was right. It was a large, black wolf with razor sharp claws and fearful eyes, it like the devil's pet, something to be scared at.
 
Alex mentally slapped herself back into action, realising that she still have a rifle with her. The girl quickly loaded her gun and turned around to point at it. Within at second pulled the tigger and all she could hear was howls and growls. By that advantage she stumbled away from the furious wolf but only to be pinned down by the claw of the injured wolf. The pain was so overwhelming that Alex was screaming from top of her lungs than bursting out into a ugly sob from the claws piercing into her back. As Alex used all of her energy to take one last look at the devil's pet she was in complete shock. This wasn't a wolf is was a werewolf and not just any old werewolf it was someone she knew, she it knew who it is, all by the unmistakable eyes loved ever since she met this particular person.
 
"Kris..." That was the last words that Alex said before she passed out.
 
 
---
 
 
"Aunty Alex, are you okay?" Reality slapped Alex in the face as she heard her niece speaking those words.
 
"I'm... fine. Just the flashback," Alex examine her surroundings, only to realised she was in her living room with her 15 year old niece, Katie holding a cup of tea.
 
"It still haunts you doesn't it?" Little Katie asked.
 
"It was ten years ago when that happened, I was your age then," not-so-young Alex replied, she was still living near the woods where was attacked.
 
Before the younger could say anything the two females heard the front door open, realising it was Alex's newly wed husband by six months who just got back from a meeting. Alex got out of her seat and greeted her husband, shortly after giving him a peck on the lips.
 
"Hi Uncle Kris," Katie cheerfully greeted as she missed her uncle for day or so.