Chapter One : A Farewell

It Can't Be You

▬▬Chapter One: A Farewell

 

"If you had one chance to go back in time, would you restart and fix everything? or would you relive your entire life again, to enjoy the memories?" Those were his last words I heard before he closed his eyes as the sound of heart meter reached down to zero. I walked out of the room, leaning my back against the white wall as tears run down my cheeks. 

I whispered to myself, quietly that no one would be able to hear these words. "I want you back." I sighed and leaned my head against the wall as I used my arm to cover my red, teary eyes, biting down on my lower lip before turning around and slightly punching the wall. Looking down at the ground while my tears continue to stream down. 

"Why do bad things happen to good people?.."  I mumbled under my breath before suddenly feeling my phone vibrate. I let out another sigh and took my phone out my pocket, not caring who is calling, I picked it.

"Hello?.." I answered with a low, shaking voice, still not recovered from what just happened. I waited for a reply but I heard nothing on the other line, I was about to hang up until I heard.

"Daehyun.." 

My eyes widen a bit, it was Youngjae's voice. He sounded down, like something happened to him, I gulped and replied to him, sounding a bit worried. "..Jae? What's wrong?.." I heard him sigh deeply,

"How's....Zelo?" 

"Zelo...he.." I couldn't say it, I couldn't bring myself to tell him what happened but he needed to know. "He..died.." I heard a loud tug on the other line, as if something fell and hit the ground.The first thing that came to my head is that he dropped his phone from the shock, I would have done the same. After some time I heard his voice again on the other line.

It sounded a bit shaky this time, "How are you dealing with it?"

"Not so well actually"

"Let's go to the coffee shop"

"No thanks" I knew Youngjae would bring me to his favorite coffee shop which is also the place where Zelo and I first met, fell in love and had our first kiss. I couldn't go there after what just happened, the memories and the pain would get to me and I didn't want to deal with all that.

"..But-" Before Youngjae could finish talking, my phone died on him. I sighed and put it away in my pocket before suddenly feeling someone's hand on my shoulder, I lightly jumped and turned around to see Yongguk trying to catch his breathe. He looked up at me with sadness and a worried look in his eyes.

"H-Hyung..Did you run here?"

"Yeah, after I heard your conversation with Youngjae."

I opened my mouth to say something but no words would come out, Yongguk wiped the sweat from his forehead. "Zelo was a good kid, he'll always be in our hearts but mostly yours" He paused for awhile before wrapping his arm around my shoulder, "Come on, it's time to go." I nodded at his words and we started walking down the hallway. Before we walked out of the entrance door, I heard a light whisper in my ear which caused me to turn around but when I did, I saw nothing except the doctors and nurses as well as the patients.

"Something wrong?" 

I shook my head, "Nope, nothing at all" Yongguk shrugged and we left the hospital, heading to meet up with the others.