Chapter o1.

Days After Fame

chapter o1.

“Teuk, I already said I forbid Miyoung from going up to the attic. Work with me here.”

“Honey, please, Miyoung’s just having some fun! Just let her do what she wants? As long as she doesn’t get hurt it’s fine!”

Leeteuk gave her a long, gentle look, and when he finally saw a hint of relaxed expression on his wife’s face, he pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back gently.

“I’m really sorry I overreacted again. It’s just… I’m afraid Miyoung will get hurt, you know? And she’s just a child.”

“I know,” he smiled and touched her cheek, “that you’re worried, honey. But you’ve got to calm down, ‘cos she’s not going to get hurt. We both know that, right?”

“Yup, got that, mutual agreement.” She nodded.

As they looked at each other, Miyoung took the chance to sneak out of Taeyeon’s grasp and run to watch some television. Leeteuk noticed, but still held Taeyeon in his arms, smoothening her hair.

“You need to let loose sometimes, honey.” He whispered softly in her ear.

“I know. I’m glad there’s someone so patient for me though. Someone who wants to be by my side forever and ever, and will accept my many flaws.” She smiled.

“Gee, I wonder who that could be? He sounds very familiar.” Leeteuk chuckled at his own joke, taking her hand and walking towards the sofa.

“Miyoung-ah, I’m sorry for scolding you just now.” Taeyeon picked her up and set the child on her lap.

“It’s okay.” Miyoung replied, smiling and taking her mother’s hands, playing with them.

Leeteuk kissed Taeyeon’s cheek while Miyoung was absorbed in the programme. Before they could go into any serious kiss, Miyoung hopped in Taeyeon’s lap, pointing at the screen.

“Look! They’re playing an SNSD music video! Omma looks so pretty and young!”

“Are you trying to imply that omma looks old now?” Taeyeon frowned.

“No, omma, you look beautiful now, too! But when was this? Looks like a long time ago, omma.”

Leeteuk looked at the screen, and recognized it at once. It was their debut video, Into The New World, SNSD’s first ever single. He remembered that in the video, Taeyeon was an airplane technician.

“It was a long time ago. You know, Taeyeon-ah, I’ve always wondered why they gave you such a horrible job. Airplane technician? Really?” Leeteuk said exasperatedly.

“I don’t mind. I liked the song a lot though, it was a perfect debut song.” Taeyeon replied, smiling fondly at the memories.

“Yeah. Can’t argue with that. But you were amazing from the beginning, and even now.” He smiled too, and kissed the top of her head.

****

“Jonghyun! Where, for heaven’s sake, did you go yesterday? You didn’t even call back! I swear, if you were anywhere near that vixen of a secretary I will—”

Jieun, or better known as IU, yelled as she saw her husband, Jonghyun, step into the house carefully, seeming like he didn’t want anyone to find out that he just came back.

“I wasn’t anywhere near that secretary. And she’s not a vixen! She has a name you know, and it’s Shin Sekyung.” He replied, putting his stuff down on the floor and walking towards her.

Seeing that his wife was not satisfied, he explained further, “I was catching up on some notes I had to do for a presentation today afternoon, and I didn’t realize the time. I forgot to call because I fell asleep and since today morning I was busy in meetings. I’m sorry, Jieun. How can I make it up to you?”

She thought for a bit, processing his answer, before smiling and pulling him close, leaning her forehead against his. It was a good thing he wasn’t very tall.

“There are lots of things I want to do… But first, a kiss.” Jieun requested, smiling.

He smiled back, before running his hands down her face and meeting her lips with his. They kissed for a bit, before he tugged on her bottom lip gently. She opened just a bit, allowing access. It wasn’t long before she felt his tongue on hers, dancing swiftly.

At some point, he pulled away and grinned, “Is kissing your whole plan on my gaining forgiveness? Because I could do that all day and not get tired.”

Jieun chuckled, then looked at him seriously. “No way is it my whole plan. Get to work, Mister, I have a ton of chores for you to do, since you’ve been away without telling me. Not even a text. I’m not letting you off that easily.”

Jonghyun shook his head and laughed. “Always such a wife, Jieun-ah. But alright, if I have jobs to do, can I have the list?”

She nodded, pulling her hair back into a ponytail before handing a slip of paper to him.

“First off,” she instructed, “cook dinner.”

****

Jessica smiled, looking out of the window. It was raining, and she, Donghae and Hana, or Alice, as she liked to call her, were inside with a cup of coffee (hot chocolate for Alice) and some books.

Usually, she didn’t have patience for books, but it was such a perfect day that she couldn’t complain about anything. Smiling, she crossed her legs and sipped some coffee.

“Isn’t it such a perfect day, Jessica? You, me, Alice… And some coffee.”

Donghae smiled as he put Alice on his lap, watching his wife reading a book intently.

“Yeah, days like this don’t come by easily,” she said, putting down her book and leaning her head on his shoulder, “that’s why I remember these days the most.”

“It’s days like this I start thinking about how lucky I am to have you as my wife. I still remember the day I confessed to you. It was sweet. I’m glad you actually kissed me that day. I was so nervous.” He laughed softly.

“Mhm,” she took his hand and traced it slowly, “that was a beautiful day. I still remember it clearly.”

Alice kept quiet. Overall, even though she was two, she was a good kid. She never interrupted her parents, never gave them sleepless nights when she was a baby and knew when to talk and when not to. Maybe it was traits inherited from her father.

“Alice, are you hungry?” Donghae asked, combing her short brown locks.

She shook her head, getting off Donghae’s lap and walking over to sit down in front of the television, a signal for them to switch it on for her. Jessica smiled, and walked over to press the power button, and then changing the channel until an appropriate one came on.

When Alice seemed satisfied enough, Jessica went back to the sofa and sat next to Donghae, smiling.

“Has everything been okay in the house lately, Jessica? I’m sorry I haven’t been around a lot until late at night, I’ve got lots of work to catch up on.”

“Everything’s been fine. And don’t blame yourself. I understand completely. Besides, Alice is a good girl. She’s becoming more and more like you, you know? I’m afraid she’ll become a Daddy’s Girl.” Jessica laughed softly.

“She might be one, but she’s got her mother’s beauty, that I know. I bet she’s be as pretty as you when she grows up.” He said, gently pushing Jessica down so that her head was on his lap.

“You think?”

“I know. But wait, I think you’ll still be more beautiful.” Donghae chuckled, patting her head.

“She will be gorgeous.” Jessica looked over at Alice.

“Only because of her mother. Gorjess. Even your fans used to call you that.” He replied.

“It was kind of a burden of a nickname though.”

“Well, it’s definitely better than Fishy.” He grumbled, frowning.

“You’ll always be a prince in my heart. Fishy is just… a side name.” She smiled, sitting up to kiss his lips.

****

A/N: So that was the first chapter! How was it? Longer chapters? Shorter chapters? Any requests for other pairings that I should add to the list of pairings? I’m taking requests. Also, the next chapter will feature MinYoon and ChangToria, no worries.