Daehyun for Rhapsodic

☆One-Shot requests! - reopened and free to request!☆

“You know I’m going to be fine.” Eve reassured with Daehyun. He nodded and hugged her.

“I know but what if you don’t? What if the surgery goes wrong and it only makes the cancer worse?” He asks worried to death and almost to tears as well. Eve sighed as he smoothed her hair as her head laid in his lap. She grabbed his hand and kissed his palm.

“I’m going to be fine. Just go out, get some food with the rest of your group and before you know it I will be out and as good as new.” She said and he nodded. A doctor came into room.

“Eve, it is time for your surgery.” The doctor says and Daehyun gently removes her head from his lap as nurses come in to wheel the bed out the room. He watches sadly as the bed disappears from view. He walks out into the waiting room and Youngjae gets up.

“Come on lets go get something to eat.” He says and pats his shoulder.

“Yeah hyung I want some cherry tomatoes.” Zelo says and Daehyun rolls his eyes.

“Zelo, you always want cherry tomatoes.” He replies and Zelo just shrugs. They walk out the room and head out of the hospital to a small cafe nearby. They order some drinks and food, getting a table and waiting for their orders. Daehyun excuses himself to go to the restroom and Zelo looks over at Yongguk.

“Yongguk hyung, do you think Eve noona will be okay?” He asks, looking at him sadly. Yongguk hesitates and looks at Himchan.

“Zelo, I honestly do not know. I wish I did. I know that Daehyun is very worried, no matter how happy he pretends to be. He’s more worried than we are, and he loses a lot more than just a friend if the surgery doesn’t work.” Yongguk says to him. Zelo looks sadly at the table as the drinks are placed down.

What they didn’t know is that Daehyun had just turned around the corner when he heard them talking so he hid around and listened to the rest of the conversation. He clenched his fists. What right do they have to talk about Eve that way? How come they get to decide how he feels? He closes his eyes and calmed himself down then came and sat down at the table.

A few hours later they are back in the waiting room, anxiously sitting and praying that the results are good. A doctor comes out and Daehyun looks up.

“She hasn’t woken up yet, but she should’ve already.” He says. “Now there’s no need to panic, this happens a lot.” He says hastily, noticing the look on Daehyun’s face. Daehyun relaxes a little bit but not fully.

Seconds turn into minutes. Minutes turn into hours. Daehyun is sitting beside the bed holding Eve’s hand. He starts crying, giving up on her waking. Suddenly his hand is squeezed ever so slightly and he looks up, tears streaked down his face. Eve’s face looks at him, her expression still slightly sleepy. She turns concerned when she noticed the tracks and wipes away his tears.

“Why were you crying? I told you I would be fine.” She said and he cradled her hand against his cheek.

“I was worried that you would never wake up. You didn’t wake up when you were meant to and you were still asleep for hours after that.” He says, his voice choking up with tears. Eve smiled gently and kissed his forehead.

“I’m sorry.” She apologised.

A few days later the head of a pink teddy pokes around the doorframe, making Eve laugh. Daehyun’s head pops out after hearing her laugh and walks into the room. He hands her the teddy and she hugs it, gazing at the flowers he had brought in yesterday.

The results had turned out fine. The cancer had gone completely, and she was going home today. Daehyun helped her into the car then got into the driver’s seat. “So where do you want to go?” He asks and Eve thinks for a moment before answering with a huge smile on her face.

“Lotte World!”