Start

Challenging Destiny

It all started during my High School life. I am a transferee, new and not that familiar at Makene High. People around me are all influential due to their influential status as well. Of course, I am influential too because my father is the owner of the famous Hospital in Seoul. my father is a surgeon in that hospital while my mother is having her business. well, not to brag, my mother owns the famous Chic Sapphire Jewelry Company in Seoul.

"Hi Ms. Lee" people who tends to catch my eye greets me. I will jut bow at them to show my appreciation. well, I guess I'm popular already. 

First day's first subject? Statistics. I am ecstatic! it's my favorite subject. my instructor then came in and introduced herself.

"I'm Ms. Choi! Good day everyone"

"what???" I said to my mind.

"yeah, I know it's inappropriate but I have to go to our meeting. Just enjoy this day for the mean time" she explained.

Everyone in our class started screaming and shouting for happiness. me? I just packed my things and went out of the room.

as I was passing in he corridor, I heard girls screaming and they were shouting the name "jaejoong oppa" I looked at then disgusted.

"these girls have no manners at all" I uttered.

"what did you say?" a guy behind my back, holding a book while covering his face asked. I was surprised.

"those girls have no manners.." I reiterated. he laughed.

"what???" I asked annoyed while looking at him frowning.

"seriously?? you called them girls with no manners??" 

"yeah.. and so?"

"missy, aren't you like that when your crush will pass the corridor?"

"of course NT! I'd rather keep quiet. its shameful" I answered him.

"well, you must be different then?"

"of course I am. wait, who are you anyway?" I asked him, getting to my senses.

"Hero, a junior student and you?" he asked me.

"April Lee. I'm just new here" I said.

"yeah I know that. people who doesn't know Jaejoong are most probably new here and you're one of them" he said and chuckled.

"well, I have to go now.. nice meeting you! see you around" he closed his book and said his goodbye.

 

the next day, almost same stuffs happened like yesterday. No instructors because of a meeting and seeing Hero, again.

I am just sitting in a bench and heard the girls screaming AGAIN.

"hey missy! nice to see you again" Hero greeted me.

"well..hi!"

"you looked annoyed??"

"yeah right. those girls again but they are greater in number now than yesterday. wonder who's that Jaejoong" I blurted.

"relax.. do you want me to tell you something about him?" he offered. I did not say anything but he sat next to me and started talking.

"Jaejoong is the most popular guy here in  school even in other schools as well. people say he's perfect. actually, jaejoong is just a simple guy. he's not that high as everyone says. they say that he is not approachable but actually they just say that because he's popular..."

"you seem to know him that much huh"

"of course.. I'm .. I'm.. I've been here for so many years"

"that made me want to know him more. he's kinda interesting" I mumbled.

"do you like him now then?" he asked me. I shrugged and just gave him a simple answer. "maybe.. but surely not now"

hero looked at me with some likeness with what I've said.

 

Days and weeks have passed and I'm getting used to what's happening around me. I've been closed to Hero, we chat and we hang out at times. During my history class I've met a new friend. she's sitting in front of me. My eraser is lost and I have to borrow an eraser from her.

"excuse me.." I whispered because our instructor is discussing.

she looked back and smiled at me.

"can I borrow your eraser for a moment?" 

"sure" she said and handed me her eraser.

"thank you" I uttered and smiled back.

after our history class, I handed back her eraser.

"thank you again. anyway I'm April" I insisted for a handshake.

"oh, no problem. I'm Taeyeon" she introduced.

"nice to meet you! I'm just new here.. a tranferee"

"well, I'm kinda new here as well. I've been here for just a year"

"that's long enough. I hope you can accompany me and be friends?"

"sure. why not? I'd love to" she said to me happily. 

Taeyeon is the prettiest girl I've ever seen in the school, so far. she has the perfectly curled long hair, she has this tantalizing eyes, kissable lips, rosy cheeks and everything that defines a GORGEOUS LADY. add her beautiful personality as well, sum it up and the answer is PERFECT.

while we are in the cafeteria, waiting for our orders, we heard ladies from behind our table talking about jaejoong.

"not again" I blurted, irritated.

"huh?" Taeyeon gave me a confused look.

"ladies are talking about that jaejoong AGAIN. I can almost here his name everyday" I told her and she just giggled.

"he's the most popular guy ever"

"yeah I know. how come he's popular? have you seen him?"

"yeah he's handsome"

"do you have a crush on him as well?"

"yeah, but not really"

"why?"

"I've seen his physical appearance but not his personality yet. I'm more into personality" she answered with sincerity in her eyes..

"so glad to hear that! my friend told me that jaejoong is just a simple guy."

"you have a friend already before me? I'm jealous" she childishly said and we laughed.

"yeah.. I'll introduce you to him next time. he is handsome too but I wonder why he's not as popular as jaejoong when in fact he's almost perfect. if he could just only stop teasing me I would say he's perfect already"

"kyaa! I want to know that friend of your. what's his name?"

"Her---" I was about to tell his name but the bell rung.

"omo, we have to go back now"

======================================

how's the first chapter? comment and subscribe.