one;; back home

The Pursuit of Happiness

one;; back home

 

Jung Soojung, or as she wants to be called, Krystal finally goes home to Seoul from London in 15 years. Ever since she turned 3, she was sent there to study. Never was she allowed to go home, nor did her father stayed with her. Not even once. The only person who stood beside her all those years was Victoria, her father's cousin who now she treats as a best friend and her mother.

 

"Aren't you excited?" Victoria pokes the younger one, who was busy reading a magazine.

 

"For what?" She stops reading and looks at her, confused.

 

"For what she says." Laughs Victoria. "For going home of course!"

 

Krystal shrugs. She never wanted to leave London, honestly. Sure she had bad memories there, but she thinks it better than to be with father. What's the point of going back anyways? Her father mostly likely would just leave the house and forget her anyways. If Victoria wasn't with her, she would probably go back to London after a week or two.

 

"He doesn't even care about me." She mumbled while looking away

 

The half-Chinese smiled, knowing what exactly what she meant.

 

"Of course he does! If not, why would he even tell me to go home with you?"

 

"He did that?" Raising an eyebrow and staring back at Victoria.

 

"Yunho loves you with all his heart, Soojung-ah."

 

 

The moon was already up when the two arrived at the Jungs' Mansion. Krystal told Victoria to rest and went straight to her bedroom. Her new bedroom, that is. She could finally rest after a ten hour flight. But before she could even change her clothes into pajamas, she already received a knock on her door.

 

"What do you want?"

 

"I'm sorry to disturb you, m'lady." A maid, a little shorter than her, said. "But Master Jung wishes to see you."

 

"Father?"

 

"Yes, your father."

 

"But why?"

 

"I'm afraid I couldn't answer your question, mistress." She apologized. "He's on his office, upstairs, fourth door on your left."

 

"Thank you for informing me."

 

 

Krystal couldn't deny the fact the she was afraid on what her father will say. Or do. Whatever it is, she was not interested. Does he really have to talk to her at the night she arrived? Does he not know how tired she was after that 10 hour flight?

 

Upon arriving his office, she knock before entering. The office was big. A bit bigger than her room. The walls were painted maroon and there were shelves fulled of books. She sees her father sitting on his chair, facing a painting of the family. It was on the opposite the door.

 

"Good evening, father."

 

"You're here."

 

Upon hearing his daughter's voice, Jung Yunho stood up from his seat and turned around.

 

"Sit down."

 

He ordered. Krystal sat at the nearest chair she saw.

 

"Soojung-ah, you--"

 

"My name is Krystal now."

 

Her father ignored her and continued talking.

 

"You're the only family I've got left, and it's your right to know that I'm getting married."

 

"What?" Standing up in shock, his daughter didn't look so happy. "You're marrying a new girl?! How about mother?"

 

"Your mother has been dead for 15 years."

 

"You can't just replace mother with some girl! Who knows what she've done? She might be a e for god's sake!"

 

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!"

 

Jung Yunho shouted, slamming his hands on the table. Anger filled his eyes as he looked at his daughter.

 

"Leave."

 

Scared, Krystal didn't move an inch.

 

"I said leave!"

 

Just like what his father said, she left his office with teary eyes. She went straight to her bedroom where she locked herself up.

 

"Don't cry, Krystal." She mumbled, wiping her tears.

 

Crying is for the weak.

 

You are not weak.

 

 

author's note; what is this omfg. /hides