Rainy Day Blues

~A Slice of Life~ (Oneshot Series)

Chappie 2: Rainy Day Blues

 

Luhan closes his eyes. Flashbacks of yesterday replay in his mind. He tried so hard to forget about the situation at the airport but he just couldn’t help relive the scene. It was as if his brain knew for the better good to bring it up unconsciously.

He opens his eyes. Outside, the gentle rain greets the window with little taps. The boy just stares.

They were supposed to go to the beach today.

Thanks to the natural phenomenon that keeps earth’s biotic components living, the day that Luhan was really looking forward to is ruined.

He heaves a sigh.

Frustration rushes through his blood, gradually building up, multiplying, until with a burst of anger, he pounds his fist on the poor table.

The reason for his frustration is simple.

Sehun is with Kai right now.

Why? The two were supposed to be having extra rehearsal for their new dance duet that they were going to showcase to the fans tomorrow. If it was only for work then Luhan wouldn’t be complaining. Sehun was supposed to be back 2 hours ago.

The little punk and his friend went shopping after practice.

The scene flashes in Luhan’s head.

 

The two dressed in sweats, caps, and sunglasses casually strolling in the crowded mall. Kai’s hand subtly brushes Sehun’s waist while pointing to some headphones. A blush creeps onto the maknae’s cheeks. Worse yet, fans spot them and take pictures of the idols. They try to leave. In order to protect their no-makeup faces, Kai wraps his arm around Sehun’s shoulders and tries to block cameras while blocking his face at the same time. Within 2 minutes, the photos will be all over the internet and SeKai will gain an edge over HunHan.

 

Luhan buries his head in the cushion in a bout of jealousy. He lies face down on the sofa and starts throwing a tantrum. In hopelessness he shakes his slender body while making whining sounds in the cushion.

“Yah. What are you doing?”

Luhan stops in an instant. Is that who he thinks it is? He slowly turns his head to look at the intruder.

Words spill out of his mouth with anger. “I should be the one saying yah! I’m your hyung you rude little bastard!”

The boy gives a wide grin as if to apologize.

Luhan awkwardly sits up. Sehun takes a seat next to him. No words are transferred. The awkwardness is weighing uncomfortably on their shoulders. They just sit in each other’s company not knowing what to do at this current time.

“*ahem* Uh… I’m sorry hyung.” Says Sehun with a quiet voice.

“It’s fine, you never treated me with much respect anyways.” Replied Luhan with a rather serious tone.

Sehun, sensing something’s wrong considering the words that left his hyung’s mouth should have been said in a joking manner, feels a sense of guilt slowly seeping into him.

“Did I do something wrong??” the maknae speaks like a child.

There is no answer from the depressed looking Luhan.

Sehun just sits there completely still, staring in disbelief at the Luhan that never ignores him.

“Hyung what’s wrong?” He tries again but with no avail.

He gets up from the sofa and turns so he is standing beside Luhan. With a plop he sits on the ground and lays his head on his friend’s thigh.

The sudden contact makes Luhan flinch a little.

I see where this is going, Sehun thinks with a little smirk.

With a new objective in mind and a poker face, his hand slowly crawls up Luhan’s calves. Under his teasing fingers he feels his hyung shiver.

“I’m sorry. Did I do something wrong?” Sehun says with an innocent expression.

Luhan still won’t budge but inside, he is freaking out.

This is becoming like the airport scene.

 

“Luhan hyung!!” whines Sehun, “Buy me bubble tea!”

“No.” says Luhan simply with the smallest trace of a smile.

“But hyung! You promised you would buy it for me!!” Sehun whines louder this time.

“You’re making a scene and the fans can see you being a little whiny brat.” Luhan says in a calm and collected manner.

“Fine then.” Sehun says with a hrmph.

Moments pass by with peace as Luhan is casually checking his text messages. A content smile is plastered on his face as he thinks the maknae will finally listen to some authority. Thinking about the boy made Luhan giddier-

*POKE*

“OUCH! What was that for?!” screeches Luhan. Without a doubt, everyone within 10 meters is staring at him.

“Keep it down!” scolds their manager.

Luhan continues to rub his poor stomach. He kind of wishes he has a little more fat around that area to absorb the shock now.

Sehun stares at him with this big silly grin that’s just giving invitation for Luhan to wipe it off.

“Payback time” Luhan whispers.

The two grown boys engage in a poke fight which soon turns into a tickle war. They scream and giggle and grunt. By now it seems the entire airport lounge is watching them roll around on the ground.

“YAHHHHHHHH!!!” Screams the manager.

All is dead quiet.

Luhan and Sehun stop… at quite an unfavorable position. Luhan’s back is on the ground and Sehun is facing him on top. The elder’s hands have a firm grasp on Sehun’s waist while Sehun is straddling Luhan.

They awkwardly stare at each other. Both blush and look away. Kai drags Sehun to his feet and Luhan helps himself up.

Luhan sits down and bows his head. Sehun finds his way to the washroom with Kai and Kris.

 

*POKE*

“Yah!” Luhan broke his silence.

“Yay~ Hyung is responding!” cheers a gleeful Sehun.

*POKE*  *POKE*  *POKE*  *POKE*  *POKE*

“YAH!! OH SE HUN! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME! WAIT ‘TIL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!” Luhan yells.

“Catch me!” The little twerp says. He then continues to sing his sunbae’s song.

 

At night

“Hyung, can I sleep in your bed?” Sehun pleads with puppy dog eyes as he pokes his head around Luhan’s doorframe.

“Sehun-ah, you know I don’t let people in my bed,” Luhan says matter-of-factly.

A pout appears on their younger boy’s face. Just as he was about to sulk off, Luhan grabs his wrist.

“But, just for tonight,” Luhan sighs.

“And just for you.” he adds under his breath.

Sehun’s face lights up and he runs to get his pillow.

When the two were settled in bed half cuddling, Sehun speaks up.

“You never told me why you were mad hyung.”

Luhan stares at the ceiling in silence.

“You aren’t going to ignore me again are you??” A disappointed Sehun says.

“Sorry,” the hyung apologizes, “It was raining today.”

“You’re mad at mother nature?”

“Ugh, not entirely.” Luhan turns to face Sehun.

“I was mad at our cancelled plans. I was mad at your extra practice. I was mad at you going shopping with Kai. I was mad at you walking in on me when I was jealous.” Luhan says in one breath. He stares deeply into the other’s eyes to show his sincerity.

“I was mad at hyung too.” Sehun says as he adverts his eyes away.

Luhan was confused. “Why?”

“When I went to the washroom at the airport I caught a glance of you and Chanyeol. I know it’s stupid but you seemed to be more comfortable around him than me.” He confessed.

Giggles can be heard from Luhan. Sehun whips his head around.

“Hey, I thought we were having serious time here, why are you giggling? You have no right to giggle if you felt the same way! I should have giggled at you too, you… GIGGLER! Next time I’m not leaving you with other people!”

“Sigh,” Luhan scooches closer to Sehun if that was even possible and cuddles in the nook of his neck, “You’re so possessive.”

They both smile as they drift to sleep.

 


Hello you amazing people who have decided to read this!!

Is it just me, or is Hunhan kinda splitting apart lately?? :( It makes me sad! So I just had to write some fluff for them!

Hope you enjoyed!!