Graduation

I Got Married To An Idol?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 32

Jiyoon waited nervously in line, fiddling with her uniform as the teachers slowly ushered them inside the large hall. Sounds filled her ears – the family of all the graduating students were there, her own family included; music was playing in the background as they all walked inside. But all she could think of was him. His final words before he had left for the tour had her in tears almost half a year ago. But she couldn’t bear to think of him today, at least not yet, because today is her graduation. The day she leaves high school to join the rest of the adult world, and if she starts thinking of him, she might just burst into tears even though she had promised herself through the years that she’d end high school with a smile.

Soyeon was pretty much at the front while Eunmi was a little further ahead in the line, so Jiyoon couldn’t really be excited with her friends and take her mind off of everything. They were unlucky because their last names were all different – Chae Soyeon, Kim Eunmi and Park Jiyoon. They’d always laugh about that. Jiyoon bent over to the side and tried to see if she could spot her friends. Luckily, Eunmi was also doing the same and waved back at her with a wide grin, the girl pulled up the corners of with two fingers and pointed at her. Oh, smile. Right, don’t forget to smile, Jiyoon realised and did as her friend instructed.

The line surged forward then, every student moving in sync to the school song. Their homeroom teachers had gathered them together several times over the last two weeks and made them practise their graduation ceremony until they perfected it. They sat in alphabetical order of their surnames and waited for the ceremony to begin. Two hours passed until the ceremony was completed, ending it with all the graduating students standing with their certificates outside for a large, final group photo. Jiyoon and her two best friends stood together, grinning so hard that their cheeks began to hurt as the teachers snapped one photo after another and another. Parents were also milling about waiting to congratulate their own children who have now become young adults.

The three friends’ parents were standing together where there was sunlight warming them up. After all, it was almost Christmas and winter was coming. Their parents had them standing together, certificates in hand and bright smiles on their faces as they took more photos. Group photos of all three families together, individual photos, silly pictures of the three girls and photos with their own family. Jiyoon felt a little glad that she wasn’t wearing glasses at least and her parents had bought her contacts instead.

Jiyoon felt a happy buzz inside of her until a loud scream erupted from somewhere in the school courtyard. It wasn’t the kind of scream where the person was scared or fearful but more like one that Jiyoon had come to recognise just about anywhere. Anywhere there were celebrities that is. Girls were screaming loudly in excitement as they crowded around something or someone. Eunmi raised an eyebrow and nudged at Jiyoon, “Is that who I think it is?” she asked, pointing at the ever growing group of girls.

God, please tell me no.

Jiyoon hoped fervently that it wasn’t anyone she knew on a personal level and rolled her eyes as her friends took up each of her arms and dragged her to the group. They elbowed their way through the crowd, earning a few loud gasps, shouts and rude cursing. Jiyoon just let the words float over her, though it felt more like her eardrums were going to burst from all the screaming around her. When she heard Eunmi’s triumphant, “Yes!” from beside her, she turned her head to look and almost fainted.

Standing there was every member of EXO.

Jiyoon felt like she had died and been revived.

Maybe I’m just hallucinating and it’s just another group – INFINITE or SHINee. Or both! I’m probably lacking sleep or too hungry to think straight and everything has just gone by too fast for me to comprehend so my brain is making stuff up that would cheer me up. Yes, that could be it. But Jiyoon couldn’t really lie to herself, because all she heard around her was “EXO” being chanted over and over by the girls and boys.

Everyone was excited by the prospect of having celebrities in their school. The teachers even joined in on the fray. Not one of the members were fazed at all by the commotion, simply looking around and just signing people’s shirts, arms and almost anything that was placed in their way. They were smiling at everyone but didn’t speak and looked distracted almost. Jiyoon couldn’t even see her fiancé properly; there were just too many people shoving their way around and wanting autographs of their own. It seemed everyone thought that the idols had come to celebrate and congratulate the students on their graduation.

God she missed seeing these guys, but now she could barely even go up to them. Why is it always like this?

She just wished someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter