""

Mungchongi-Jonguppie.

 

It's been two weeks since the two of them broke up. It didn't really surprise Jongup that she broke up with him. He knew that he wasn't a good boyfriend at all. 

 

He hasn't really given enough effort to keep her. He can give a list of reasons as to why they ended the way they did.  

He would freeze in the moments he should have done something. He didn't know what to say when she was being sweet. He didn't know what to do when she surprises him. He didn't know what to do when she's mad at him. He didn't even know what to do when she was hurt and says she needs him. He just didn't know what to do, so he avoided it, he just distanced himself away from the great unknown. 

 

That alone built a huge unspoken gap between the two of them. With important words left unspoken, and necessary actions left undone, they found themselves riding a sinking ship that just desperately wants to hit shore.  

 

Then here lies Jongup now. A ghost of a man who lies alone in the empty shore with an unexplained "mushed" insides. And a hole in his heart than can't be filled by just whatever the boy has tried to close it with,

 

He can't really understand what this annoying bothersome pain he's feeling. He drank pain relievers, but it's still there.

 He got sick of trying to figure out on his own so he leaves his room and walks to the next. He needs to ask someone else about this; the only person whom he's sure has the life experience to answer his odd inquiry.

 

 

"Hyung, My heart... there's this feeling that I can't remove, It makes me want to explode." 

 

 

Yongguk looked up at Jongup, studying the boys face. Yongguk noticed that the differences in the boys appearance from before. He suddenly flashed his gummy smile and he gave the younger, a pat on the shoulder.

 

"Jongup-ah.. You're probably broken hearted."

 

"No hyung! I was fine two weeks ago! It can't be that!"

 

Yongguk let out a sigh. He looked at Jongup again but this time he tried to hide his big gummy smile.

 

"Come, let's talk over coffee"

 

The two went to the nearest cafe and began their discussion.

 

"So Jongup-ah... We never really asked but we knew you two broke up."

 

"Ah, I thought it wasn't obvious."

 

"... You're a real puppy..really." Yongguk let out a low chuckle as he sipped from his coffee.

 

"Hyung, I don't know what I'm feeling. My mind is going crazy. I tried to fill myself with activities so I can distract myself from the throbbing pain. I found out that if I'm distracted, it hurts less!"

 

Yongguk listens to the younger mans story. The older man appreciating how pure and innocent his dongsaeng's love is. He nods along with Jongup as he remembers his first heartache. He can only think of one question to ask Jongup.

 

"Jongup, do you still like her?" 

 

"Yongguk-hyung..I."

 

"Ah, don't take too long deciding.." Yongguk smiled at the boy

 

They left the cafe and went back to their dorm. Jongup thanked his hyung for helping him understand a little. 

 

__________

 

As he was lying down on his bed, flashes of memories they shared together play out on his mind.

 

"Jongup-ah, thank you."

 

He loved that moment... It was when she first called him lovingly by his name. It was on the day he brought her to the beach. The sun was about to set and the light of the sun was hitting her face perfectly, her brown hair shining back as the sun enveloped her whole body. She turned to him and called his name softly. Her eyes were full of happiness, and her smile was just so kind. 

 

At that moment, Jongup can't help think how radiant the lady is in front of him, she was beautiful, especially more beautiful to him now. That's the same moment he also realized that he has fallen for his best friend. 

 

The memory brought joy and frustration to Jongup, yet again. 

 

"Maybe, I it would have been better if we remained best friends? We were doing just fine up until love got involved."

 

"I should've just stuck to talking to her about Chris-hyung."

 

"Maybe, I'm not really heart broken. I'm just nostalgic that's all."

 

 

The boy has been talking to himself for 2 hours now ever since they got home from their trip to the cafe. His roommate, unknown to him, was just in the top bunk the whole time. 

 

 

"I like burgers. She likes burgers.  Why do we have to match so well?" 

 

"Maybe I should dance 'Take You Down'? That was her favorite Chris-hyung song."

 

Jongup suddenly heard a familiar voice come out of nowhere. He was trying to pick up what the voice was saying, who's voice did it belong to.

 

"Hello, are you my conscience..?"

 

"Hyung.. No." The younger boy immediately putting his palm on his forehead

 

"Then, are you an angel? Appear before me, take me now please!"

 

"Hyung.. no. Just stop." The boy went down from the top bunk before Jongup deepens his connection with the crazies. 

"This is Zelo. I've been up here listening to you for the past 2 hours."

 

"When did you?"

 

"I was sleeping, you woke me up."

 

"Zelo-ah, come hug me."

 

"... No"

 

"No one loves me... She hates me... I hate me..."

 

Before Jongup took his new found enlightenment to a whole new level, Zelo slapped his face back to reality.

 

"Hyung, just admit it. You're broken hearted." 

 

"Wa? I'm fine.."

 

"You love her and you're broken hearted."

 

"I really am... not"

 

"...."

 

Zelo blinked as he counted to three. He waited before Jongup's mind pention can finally connect what his heart has been telling him.

 

1,2....3

 

""

 

Jongup finally understands what the feeling is. 

 

"Ah.. Go get her, hyung" Zelo pushed him out of his temporary trance

 

Jongup took his hoodie and his phone and left the dorm with one goal in mind.

 

___________________________

 

"Zelo yah! What happened?!" Daehyun asked the young blonde excitedly.

 

"... You all owe me, hyung. I felt like a mental patient up there." Zelo looked really drained from listening to all that Jongup nonsense.

 

"Hahaha, so he bought the 'You have been up there for 2 hours?'" Himchan lauged at the thought

 

"Hyung, for the record, I really was there for 2 hours. He just didn't notice me enter and climb up the bed" 

 

"Mungchongi- Jonguppie" Himchan grinned

 

"Yah! So what happened?" Daehyun asked again

 

"I slapped his face." 

 

"You what?!" Daehyun looked at the boy with shock followed by a really loud laugh

 

"It did the trick though, his brain wiring suddenly worked." The blonde haired boy said playfully

 

"Good job, Zelo!" Youngjae proceeded to give Zelo a high five

 

"Heh, that Jongup.. Is really something." Yongguk shook his head as he smiled softly

 

_____________________________________

 

Jongup was trying to call her cellphone, to no avail. His calls weren’t even getting through. 

 

"Aish.. How do I find you"

 

 

He tried to call her house, her school.. And nothing. Nothing.

 

 

"Maybe God doesn't want me to find her.."

 

 

He received a mental slap from Zelo even before he settled on giving up. He was scanning his mind on what places they've been to. The beach. The park. The mall. The cafe. The food court.The gym..

 

"..."

 

THE FOOD COURT!

 

His girlfriend was no ordinary girl after all. He was laughing to himself because he knows she'll be there. 

 

He took the first cab he could find and directed it to Hongdae.

He got off as soon as the cab arrived and there she was. He was flashing his puppy smile again. He approached her. No plan in mind this time, just an honest confession.

 

"Elle-ah"

 

"Moon." She replied stoicly.

 

Jongup suddenly felt a lump form on his throat. His mouth was drying up and his legs were quivering.

 

You can still turn around, save your pride, she hates you, don’t make a fool of yourself.

 

Jongup blocked out the disapproving thoughts because he was reminded of his goal.

 

"Jongup-ah, you can't cower up this time. You can do it! Face it like a man! Get your woman back! Like what Chris-hyung did!"

 

That self pep talk was enough to rile him up.

 

"Please, listen to me Elle."

 

The girl put down her food and paid attention to the boy standing before her. She was giving him a disapproving look, but the man is unwavering.

 

"2 minutes, Moon."

 

With a deep breath, he started speaking whatever is on the top of his head.

 

"I . Basically, I got scared of losing our friendship that I got stuck in my head. I was too careful with how to act, when I should have just gave myself out. I should have just loved you."

 

People started to look at the pair’s direction. Jongup could hear whispers, giggles, and what not. Some even took photos of this nerve wrecking moment. Jongup knew for sure that this would be in tomorrow’s gossip headlines. But he didn't care anymore. 

 

"I'm sorry, Elle. I, I know I'm selfish but I want you back. I will do anything, just to have you back. I miss you, and I'm now a hundred percent sure that I love you, and you alone."

 

"..." 

 

The girl shifted her gaze from the boy to her meal. She picked it up with one hand and started eating again.

 

"Elle.. I.. Please." The desperate words left the boy, pleading this time.

 

"You like burgers right?" The girl asked Jongup

 

"...what?" The question stunned him.. Especially cause its about food

 

She sighed as she turned to ask him again.

 

"Moon Jongup, you like burgers right?"

 

"Yes, I do." His eyebrows furrowed as he answered the question.

 

She gave him a cheeky grin followed by a smirk.

 

"Well, I like burgers too. We must be a good match then?"

 

 

Tears almost fell from his eyes. He laughed it off and brushed all that aside as he sat beside his girlfriend. He's so blessed to have her, someone who never fails to surprise him.

 

 

He watched her split the burger in two. She handed him the other half and he took it from her.

 

 

"I love you, Elle-ahhhhh!" He smiled from ear to ear as he looked at her face.

 

"I know. I still keep all the fries though." She flicked her boyfriend’s forehead then kissed it.

 

She looked at him in the eye and told him: "Babo, you took precious time. But I'm glad you're here again." 

 

"^___^, Want another burger?" 

 

"Keke, game."