Chapter 1

Androgynous Friendships (Hiatus)
"Aiyuki !!" Rym called for her little sister, who was probably sleeping instead of doing her homework. "Aiyuki !!" Rym walked into the kitchen and was relieved to find Aiyuki at the table, working. The younger had her head down, and seemed to be working hard. Rym slid out of the kitchen to leave Aiyuki alone. As soon as Rym left Aiyuku jumped out her chair and, checking to see where Rym went, dashed into the living room. She the TV and looked around to make sure Rym didn't come back to soon. "Unnie's gonna catch me. I just know." Aiyuki sat talking to herself until a group of boys flashed onto her TV. The MC was asking the group about a contest. Aiyuki, being curious, crept closer to the TV. The group explained that the contest would be online, and the winner would be given a free trip to South Korea. It was their way of getting closer to fans than they were before. "Aiyuki !!" "AAAAH !!" Rym had discovered her little sister was watching TV when she returned to the kitchen and the work was left undone. "Aiyuki, you're supposed to be doing your homework. What are you watching ?" The younger flicked the TV off, just shaking her head instead of answering. "You can be so stressful sometimes... Go and finish your homework." Aiyuki stood up and shuffled into the kitchen. Of course, her mind wasn't on her homework. She was listening to Rym's conversation over the phone. "Shino-san, she's been fine. I'm positive we're okay on our own. I've taken care of her this long haven't I ?" Aiyuki sighed, irritated by the topic of conversation. Every time Shino called he was trying to take her away. Every time ANYONE called they questioned Rym's custody of her. It was annoying. "Aiyuki... come here for a second." She forced herself to stand up and found her sister standing in the kitchen. "You feel safe her don't you ? With me ?" "You're really gonna let the old fart get into your head ? I thought you were stronger than that unnie. Have I ever asked to be anywhere else ? I wanna be here with you or I wouldn't be." A smile spread across Rym's face, sometimes she regretted thinking Aiyuki was immature. Rym turned back to her sister, and realized she was twirling in the chair. Sometimes, she regretted buying the chair that Aiyuki used as a toy. "Unnie ?" "Yeah ?" Rym noticed her sister was making a face. "What's wrong ?" Aiyuki pulled her legs to her chest and hid her face. "You don't wanna get rid of me do you ?" Rym was surprised by Aiyuki's sudden change in confidence. She pulled her sister into a hug. "Never. Why would you ever think that ?" "You're always so stressed because everyone complains about me." Rym sighed, she wasn't the only one upset about it. "I think we just need a rest. A vacation or something." Hearing those words, Aiyuki remembered something important. A smile spread across her face as an idea ran through her mind. Before falling asleep, Aiyuki talked to herself again. "Unnie is gonna love this. I know 'cause I'm smart like that ^^"