The real reason why...

Music And Assumptions
As you can see, Kris was a busy man. He worked for his stepdad's business in order for them to be successful. Kris was always busy yet, he still finds time for you. He wasn't going to leave you out just for work and money. NO, he was not like that.
 
~bababa babanana bababa babababananaaa~
 
Kris checked his phone. An incoming message was seen.
-From Jaerin,
I'll be meeting you at my work later, K?-
 
Kris smiled. He was busy with the loads of paper he has to sign and he wants to relax. He wanted to be with you and you'll sing a song for him. Did I mention that you have a beautiful voice? He always listened to your voice and went to your house after you graduated college. Kris had a job at his father's company and you were working at a five star restaurant as a singer and sometimes a waitress.
 
-From Kris,
Whut time, babe? ;*-
 
-From Jaerin,
Eww...don't, I repeat, DON'T ever call me babe! I don't know. Whatever time you're available...BYE!!!-
 
Jaerin turned off her phone and grabbed her dress for a try. It's her rehearsal time. 
 
 
"UGH!" Kris grunted. He was stuck in a traffic and it doesn't seem to be moving at all. After what seemed to be years, the traffic soon was gone. Kris sped off in the night like some gangster in the movies.
 
When he arrived at the restaurant, a classy music welcomed him. But it wasn't you yet. He sighed in relief, thinking he still did not miss your solo.
 
"Okay," the MC announced, "For our next performer, we have Ms. Go Jaerin!" Everybody clapped wildly, even Kris. 
 
She went to the stage and fixed herself. She glanced at the two guitarists and smiled, a cue for them to start which made Kris flinch. 'How
dare she smile at them like that?' he thought. It was indeed a sight of jealousy.
 
 
"Ehem," she cleared , "This is actually dedicated to someone here. She needs to just listen. One, two, three..
 
~The real reason we broke up
I wonder if you know
Although right now,
You probably don’t care at all~
 
Kris' eyes widened. Was she singing that for him? He didn't know the answer, yet. He was getting nervous just by the sight of her singing that. He did not actually expect this, for her to be singing a breakup song, dedicated to someone.
 
~The more I understood you, the farther away you got
You didn’t even get angry like before
The more we tried, the more boring you and I got~
 
Kris remembered the times he did not get mad at her for staying at a sleepover. Although he did not see a doubting face back then, he was still scared. Scared that Jaerin might have misinterpreted his actions back then. 
 
~It was just the heart fluttering that I wanted
It was just the beginning that you looked at me
There is no real reason why we broke up
You just didn’t love me
There’s no other reason~
 
Kris furrowed his eyebrows. Didn't he text her everyday? Didn't he sent kisses to her everyday? If only he could see her everyday, If only he could feel her emotions everyday, he would've done something right away to prevent this.
 
~Oh
you just never loved me
Oh
now everything is clear~
 
No. It was not clear for Kris. How could you breakup with him without actually explaining the reason? Was he too distant? He was starting to doubt himself, his every actions, even his text messages.
 
~The real reason I loved you
You probably don’t know
Yes, if you did know
You wouldn’t have left me so easily
You dreamed of a new love
I dreamed of an eternal love.
The things we looked at were so different, 
you and I~
 
Kris was not enjoying the song. NEVER would he enjoy such a song dedicated to him. He didn't understand what you were telling him. The two of you looked at the same things and think about the same things. Why would you tell such a lie to him?
 
~It was just the heart fluttering that I wanted
It was just the beginning that you looked at me
There is no real reason why we broke up
You just didn’t love me
There’s no other reason~
 
'But, I love you,' Kris bit his lower lip in order to not cry. He LOVES you more than you actually love him. He was never late at picking you up from school back then. 
 
~Each of us wrote of a different love
Each of our ends remain in a different way
There’s no reason for me to forget you completely
If I’m to be left alone here anyway
I’ll stay a bit longer~
 
Kris did not see for a second because of a girl that passed. He did not care for such a small matter. He looked at you who seemed to be much more confident at singing. He loved your confidence, but not this kind of confidence.
 
~I had a bad dream. That I fell for you,
who came back to me once again.
That I accepted you,
who just came back however you wanted~
 
It was not a bad dream for Kris. He would always come back for you.
 
~It was just the heart fluttering that I wanted
It was just the beginning that you looked at me
There is no real reason why we broke up
You just didn’t love me
There’s no other reason~"
 
"Jaerin-ah," He mumbled, "I love you." He walked out the door.
 
 
"Oh ," Jaerin mumbled like a mantra, the bad ones. She followed Kris to his condo unit. She knew that Kris was feeling a little upset because of the song. "I need to explain...Oh, this stupid, assuming guy."
 
Jaerin knocked into Kris' room. She heard a little groan of despair, signalling her to come in.
 
"Kris?" She softly whispered.
 
"J-Jaerin?" He mumbled, trying to swallow his tears. "What are you doing here?"
 
Jaerin sat down beside him. "Kris, I..."
 
"Are you going to breakup with me?" He sat down, making himself look formal infront of his girl.
 
"Was that the reason why you walked out?"
 
"Yes..." He softly whispered. "I'm afraid I'm going to hear words I don't want to hear."
 
"Kris," She intently sighed, "I'm not gonna breakup with you, you idiot." She slightly tapped Kris' head. "What made you think I was going to break up with you?"
 
"The song, the song that you sang."
 
"And you think that song was for you?!" She shockingly asked.
 
"Yes. Didn't you say that that song was dedicated to someone?" He sadly sighed. 
 
"Kris, didn't you hear the exact words I said?" She gestured her hands. He shooked his head. "Well, what did I say?" He placed her hands on her waist.
 
Kris didn't speak a word. Jaerin let out a sigh and rolled her eyes at Kris, "I said 'SHE', right? Are you a 'she'?" She shook Kris' broad shoulders.
 
"Ehem," she cleared , "This is actually dedicated to someone here. She needs to just listen. One, two, three..
 
"Ehem," she cleared , "This is actually dedicated to someone here. She needs to just listen. One, two, three..
 
"Ehem," she cleared , "This is actually dedicated to someone here. She needs to just listen. One, two, three..
 
Kris was dumbfounded. She was right. there was a 'she' on her statement. Kris looked at Jaerin, his eyes were filled with love and hopes, "Who was that someone dedicated for, then?"
 
"Did you notice the girl that passed by you?" She raised an eyebrow, "I saw her passed by your table. You should've noticed her, even for just a second. I got confident singing because I thought you saw the girl that passed by and knew that it was not for you, seems like you did not."
 
Kris was now filled with happiness, excitement, and embarrassment. He was an idiot for assuming that. He was slowly processing the information in his brain which seemed to make his face red from embarrassment.
 
"You know my guitarist Kim Jongin?" She asked. Kris shooked his head in disapproval.
 
"He was dedicating the song for that girl. He wanted to break up with her because of her loss of love for him. He was broken hearted so I decided to sing that to the girl."
 
"Oh." Was all that Kris said. He did not expect this to happen. Really.
 
"Besides," Jaerin plomped herself in his bed, "Why would I breakup with a loving boyfriend like you?"
 
Kris suddenly jumped from his seat, "Jaerin, there's a problem."
 
"W-What?" Jaerin asked, surprised at the sudden action.
 
"I......I just don't want this to continue," He rubbed the back of his neck.
 
"C-Continue what, Kris?" She shuddered, "Kris....what are you talking about?" She whispered, nervous too, like what Kris felt back at the restaurant.
 
"I'm sorry but I.......don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore," He ended with a scary clanking of metal, or was it?
 
Jaerin swallowed the tears, "Kris, If...If this is about the song, I'm really, really sorry if you misunderstood it. I'm---"
 
"I want you to be my wife."
 
 Jaerin was now the one who was dumbfounded. She was surprised and at the same time happy and excited. She was slowly tearing up. 
 
Kris held her hands and he lead her to the rooftop. There, she saw the whole city of Seoul. The sight was not just beautiful, it was fantasticly amazing! 
 
Kris knelt down in front of her and pulled out a ring from his pocket. 
 
"Jaerin-ah," He slowly whispered, "Will you marry me?"
 
That's where Jaerin's tears started to race down her cheeks. She was indeed happy. She went near Kris and hugged him, "Yes, Kris. Yes, I will."
 
 
After 5 years....
 
"Eomma," Chanyeol whispered to their mother, Jaerin. "Can you please tell me appa and eomma's story?" He cuddled next to his little brother Suho.
 
"Sure." Jaerin leaned to kiss Chanyeol and Suho's forehead. Then, Kris and Jaerin left their room.
 
Jaerin lied down their bed beside Kris. He immediately hugged her and cuddled next to her.
 
"Was my wife tired of all the household chores and the kids?" He softly cooed against her ears. She giggled and kissed Kris passionately.
He knew her answer once again, like the first confession.
 
"Kris," She called, "I'm so glad to be your wife."
 
"And I'm so glad that I made friends with the girl next door!" Kris chimed. Jaerin smiled at the cute and unique sight. She remembered
how Kris slowly crept up her window just to say 'Hi!' to her.
 
"Why did you want to marry me, Kris?" She asked.
 
"So that I don't get jealous everytime I see you sing a breakup song or hangout with another person," He straightly said. He hugged
Jaerin even more tighter. "And besides, Why would I let my long-time girlfriend suffer alone?" He whispered.
 
Jaerin kissed Kris one more time on the lips and snuggled next to him.
 
"Jagiya," Kris called, "I don't want you to EVER sing a song about breakups when I'm there, okay?"
 
"Don't worry, Kris. It would be a divorce song that I'm gonna sing for you," She smiled at Kris sarcastically.
 
"Oh Jaerin, my stupid wife."
 
"Oh Kris, my assuming husband."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Ta-dah! The end. 
Thanks for subscribing and commenting!