Chapter 1

Heartbeat

Hyukjae took the baking tins out of the oven; the smell of freshly baked cupcakes was spread all over the room.  She smiled to herself, the cupcakes came out perfectly. She placed them on the cooling rack to cool before she adds the decoration needed.

Just then, a tall man walked into the baking room, sniffing. “Wow, that smells nice” the man complimented her. That is her boyfriend Siwon, they were together for two years, she was 24, while Siwon was 26, Hyukjae’s family just moved to Seoul because of her father’s job, she met Siwon at school when she was a freshman and Siwon was a senior, they were friends first and then the rest was history.

Siwon made her feel loved even after her parents had passed away, Siwon was there for Hyukjae, They had moved in together, Siwon  is working as a lawyer and was busy as can be, but still finds time to assist Hyukjae in her cupcake shop.

“ I know aren’t the cupcakes perfect? I’m planning to decorate them for Mrs. Kim’s son’s christening, She wants blue icing. And if you let me go now, I could probably be finished on time.” Hyukjae said as Siwon’s arms were snaking now around her waist.

“ You’re almost done I just got here and you are scolding me.” Siwon pouted as he kissed her forehead.

“ I’m not scolding you mister, I just need to get this done and over to Mrs. Kim’s on time.” Hyukjae said as she tapped on Siwon’s arms to let her go. She picked up the piping bag and was applying icing on top of the cupcakes when Siwon grabbed her and placed her on the kitchen counter and kissed her fully on the lips before she could protest. She gave in and wrapped her arms around his neck and responded with equal want. Before adding fire, Siwon reluctantly let go of Hyukjae’s lips and sighed, “ Okay I’ll let you finish the cupcakes before I finish you first.” He said before pecking on her cheeks and helping her down the counter.

“ Go away you are a distraction here!” she joked and stuck out her tongue at him before going back to the cupcakes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Thanks for the tip Mrs Kim, I’ll be going now.”she said as she got into her car, she just delivered the cupcakes for the lady who loved the treats so much she gave her a large tip, she hummed to herself while studying her face in the rearview mirror. At 24, she was not aware of the innocent beauty that she has, single lidded eyes, plump lips, pale white skin that contrasted well with her red hair, Siwon had picked the color for her saying that the color complements her skin.

She started the car and was driving back to her cupcake shop when a car just appeared out of nowhere, she slammed on the brakes and the car startled to a stop avoiding hitting the car in front of her but the brake did not made it and she slammed on the back of the car that was in front of her. She saw the driver of the other car get out with a not so good expression.

‘Uh oh’, she thought, this cant be good, the driver of the other car knocked on her window and she rolled it halfway, “I’m sorry, are you oka-“ her words were cut off as the man started yelling. “ Do you really know how to drive! You almost got me killed!” the man said, Hyukjae studied the man, he had a physique that made him look like he was taking care of himself, the man was sporting an angry expression  on a relatively attractive face. “Okay look, I’m really sorry, I will pay for the damage but please let us be civil about this.”  She took one of her business cards and handed it to the man who just said, “ The hell you will! Do you even know how much that car costs?” Hyukjae flinched at the man’s voice but the man appeared to be slightly calmer than earlier, the man studied the card “Lee Hyukjae, okay my insurance company will be getting in touch with you, he went to his car and also took a business card and dropped it inside the car on Hyukjae’s lap and stormed back to his car and sped off.

Hyukjae picked up the card and studied the name on it ‘Lee Donghae’ she just slipped the card to her handbag and drove away.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The incident was out of her mind the moment that she stepped into her apartment,  ‘Siwon’  was her first thought, there was trail of rose petals from the door to  the living room and  the lights were off but there are a few lighted candles that bathed the room a soft glow, Siwon came in from the kitchen with a bouquet of tulips in hand, he walked over to the stunned Hyukjae and handed her the flowers, Hyukjae was still in a daze as she absorbed everything around her.  

“Hyuk?’’ Siwon called for her attention, and when he got no response, he pinched her cheek, Hyukjae felt the slight pain and reacted immediately. “What is this?” she raised her brow at him. “This.” And he had kissed her  fully on the lips.

They were sitting on the dining table. Just staring at each other with smiles on their faces. When suddenly Siwon went into the kitchen and came out with a bowl of ice cream and placed it in front of her, ‘’Eat.’’ Siwon just simply said, Hyukjae started eating with a great feeling on her chest everything is just too good to be true. When suddenly she felt something hard with her spoon, Siwon was just watching her with an anticipated smile on his face. She fished out a ring from the bowl; Siwon took it from her and said, “Will you marry me?”

Hyukjae remained rooted on the spot, unable to say a word, she just nodded with tears escaping from her eyes, Siwon gathered her into a hug. “Thank you, thank yu and I love you so much!” he let go and placed her hand on his chest, “Always remember, this heart, no matter what happens, this heart wil always beat for you.’’ Siwon, like Hyukjae also had tears, His lips met hers and the they sealed their love with a kiss.