I'LL FOREVER BE YOUR PETER PAN

DON'T GO

"Aiisshh!! What was Sally thinking about when she poured glitters on me!?" May started brushing off her skirt as soon as she went inside the washroom. May was talking about one of her friends, Sally, who had poured powder glitter all over her. They had a special program in their school and May was supposed to speak the Lord's Prayer since they all studied in a convent school. Their School, 'Forest Ridge School Of The Sacred Heart' was located in Bellevue, Washington, USA. Being one of the most respected and popular students, May was chosen to speak the opening Lord's Prayer. And she sure didn't want to end up looking like a Hobo today since she heard some guests were invited too.

"How am I gonna get this off!? AAARRRGGHHH!!" she ruffled her hair in frustration and quickly started washing her face, since she was scared the glitter on her face might look embarrassing.

That's when she felt someone patting on her back. She looked up and tried to look at the person, but she wasn't sure who it was since she had soap all over her face. But it looked like someone she knew, "Grace...is that you?" she asked. Grace was her best-friend, who was also a senior and the school president.

But the person wasn't replying back. All he/she did was pat on her back while she washed her face. She could care less.

After she was done, she tried to reach out for the tissue but she couldn't. The advantages you have when you're a short heighted girl.

Before she could give up, the person satnding beside her reached out for it instead and helped her. Now...she was really, really curious as to who that girl was!

After wiping off her face with the tissue, she finally looked up . . .

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" she literally jumped up as soon as she saw who it was. IT WAS A BOY!! AND THE LAST TIME SHE CHECKED, BOYS DON'T STUDY IN HER SCHOOL!! AND THIS WAS THE GIRLS' WASHROOM!

"I saw you rushing inside the washroom...and I thought to help." He spoke out in his soft voice, which was really unexpected. And his English accent was a bit . . . weird too.

"Well, how thoughtful of you," she chuckled sarcastically and crossed her arms over her chest, "but what are you doing inside a girls' washroom!?" this guy seemed like a total ert to her. And the last thing she wanted was an encounter with a ert in her own school!

The guy whatever his name was, looked at her dissapointingly. WHAT!? HE WAS THE ONE WHO ENTERED A GIRLS' WASHROOM WITHOUT PERMISSION!!

"Mr. 'Whatever-your-name-is'...can you please get out of the washroom?" she asked in the most polite way she could.

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled embarrassingly, "I'm really sorry . . . I just thought that you needed some help, that's all." he said and was about to go out when the washroom's door clicked.

Someone entered the room . . . it was Grace!

"Grace-unni!" May shouted in delight as soon as she saw her.

"Unni?" the guy looked at her with a weird look, "you're Korean?" he asked. Well, isn't it obvious? I look like one! she thought.

"Yes..."  May finally spoke and went towards her unni to hide behind her.

 

As soon as Grace saw him, all she could feel . . . all she felt at that moment, just stopped for a second as she looked at his beautiful face. He was, no doubt, the most beautiful human she had ever seen.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't meant to come in and . . ." the guy was about to say something else when Grace interrupted.

"I completely understand. You can use the washroom all to yourself. Excuse us, please." Grace said and took May out with her before she could say anything else to him.

"Unni! Why did you do that!? That guy was a total ert!" May lowered her voice, as they were still in school. But she knew that she would burst out any other moment.

Grace sighed and looked at May, "You don't think before you speak, ever, right?"

May nodded her head, "Isn't that obvious? Leave that . . . you should have reported him to the principal! I mean . . . what the hell was . . ." before she could finish off her sentence, Grace interrupted her again.

"Minji-ah, seriously. Maybe he mistook it for a gents' washroom. And c'mon! He's a guest here, respect him." Grace said in her clam voice, trying to calm her saeng down.

May didn't like it at all whenever anyone called her by her real name. She pouted her lips and nodded her head, "Alright, fine."

Grace smiled and patted on her back, "Good . . . now let's get going to the hall. The program's gonna start in the next 15 minutes." Grace was supposed to conduct the whole program since she was the school president. The guy that she had seen before was one of the guests who were supposed to perform. But she couldn't quite remember his name.

 

Both of them went towards the hall. They straightened and fixed their uniforms; they had to look all prim and proper today.

"I'll usher the principal towards their seats, alright?" Grace said as she went towards all the guests that came one by one. The guests included some really fierce looking people from the corporate sector. May couldn't quite understand the concept of the whole program.

"Great." she smiled sarcastically as she waited for everyone to take their seats.

Grace went up on the stage as she started welcoming the guests one by one.

"And now, let's all close our eyes for the Lord's Prayer." Grace said as she looked at May. That was her cue.

May went up the big stage with elegance as she stood in fron of the mic, "Let's all bow down our heads . . ." that's when the unexpected happened. May forgot the Lord's Prayer! She had to find a solution or she was gonna screw up big time.

Before she realized, tears started to fall down from her eyes. She hated it whenever something like this would happen.

That's when she felt someone's soft hands on her cheeks.

She was about to open her eyes when the person shushed her and whispered in her ear, "Don't open your eyes . . . Just follow me." that beautiful voice sent a big chill down her spine. It was that beautiful.

She nodded her head as the person wiped away her tears.

"Our father . . ." the person started saying as she repeated after him.

"...Forever and ever ... Amen." May said and finally opened her eyes. She wanted to know who that person was. She turned back but she couldn't see anyone standing there. May felt really disappointed as she walked down the stage.

"You forgot it, right?" Grace looked at her with concerned eyes as she patted on her back.

May was still deep in her thoughts, "Yes...but i recovered...somehow." she felt like telling her how a person came out of nowhere and helped her. But she felt like she should tell her after a while . . . that'd be better . ..  when the whole program ends.

"And now . . ." the head-master announced proudly on the stage, "let's see a special performance by an idol group . . . this is . . . EXO!!"

That's when Grace and May turned their eyes towards the stage. They didn't know about any idol group performing in today's program. Hell . . . they didn't even know who EXO were. But all the other girls seemed like  they knew them, since they started shouting like crazy.

All the member of EXO came up on the stage one by one . . . and holy mother of god! There were 12 freakingly hot looking boys!

"Isn't that that guy . . .?" Grace quickly pointed towards the one standing in the middle, and he looked quite short for some weird reason.

"Hello, I am Baekhyun," the guy with the heavy eye-liner spoke first, "we are going to perform our new song 'Baby' and for that, we need two volunteers." he smiled.

All of the girls raised their hands as soon as he said that.

"I guess we'll have you two." Baekhyun looked at Grace and May and smiled.

"WHAT!? US!?" Grace and May pointed at themselves. IT was ....... really hard to even believe.

Baekhyun nodded his head, "Yes." he said and everyone staretd chanting their name.

Bothe of them had no other option but to go up the stage.

 

That's when a really slow and sweet music started playing. The other 6 members went back-stage as they tool May with her too.

Baekhyun went towards Grace and smiled, "You'll have to dance with us." he said as the intro finally played.

Before Grace could protest, he wrapped hi right arm around her waist. Like the type of postion you have when you're doing a waltz as he started singing beautifully, "This moment when I'm closing my eyes to pray . . . I will hug the heart in you slowly." she then realized....he had a really beautiful voice.

Just when she was about to step out, another guy took her away from Baekhyun as they started waltzing all around the stage. She looked at him as he sang, "Today is a one-time chance . . . my first foot-step that I take."

D.O was about to carress her cheek when Suho came in and wrapped his arms around her waist. It was all part of the dance routine, but for some weird reason, he could feel his heart beating really fast.

"I will promise, I'm going to do good," he said and looked straight in her eyes, "As i expected, and predicted happily . . ."

Chanyeol finally stepped in as he did his part of the song while dancing with her, "Our own dream . . . that first step."

Sehun, D.O and Baekhyun stepped in as they danced around her slowly while singing,

"Why do you make my eyes shine like this...
Why do you make my heart beat this crazily...
Although I become breathless, you're so precious to me don't forget...."
 

All of them stepped in together as they sang the chorus...it couldn't get any more beautiful than this... Grace was totally awed.

"In the beginning, your dream, your world, thicker than tears...
Also sweeter than heaven's nectar...
Yes, you are my baby baby baby~~
baby, baby, baby~~

I promise...I will never ever stop..
when I only see you..."

 

All of them took Grace out from the stage as the other six stepped in. It was now May's turn.

"Trust me," Luhan whispered softly at her as he started singing his part.  He had his arms wrapped around her waist protectively. But during the wole routine for Luhan, he was not supposed to dance with her in his arms..but he chose to break the law... "A bit of light jumps on the water which was left by the rain....make your wish on this shore of eternity...I will hug you and leave the freezing point...I'll cross over the barrier..." he really wanted to dance with her more...

That's when May realized something...his voice..it was the same person who had helped her with the prayer before! May was about to go towards him and thank him...but before she could do that, Chen came as he took her away, "I'll always be by your side....i'll write on your palms the beliefs I'll one day say to you.."

She felt really, really disappointed. She could only look at him...as if he was someone she knew...

Lay went towards her and smiled, "Towards our dream...take our first step."

That's when she saw Luhan approaching her, and she couldn't help but smile a bit.

Xiumin and Luhan went towards her as they started singing..

"(X) that little bit, just a little bit... (LH) the focus of my soul...
(X) in my ear... (LH) leave only the sound of your voice..."

Chen came as he started his part, "this day, every day, even ordinary time leaves memories..."

Luhan and Lay stepped towards her as they all started dancing around her, "Everytime I can smell the scent of heaven from your gaze...in my dreams i am holding your hand...flying over a moonlight-covered ground....
Yes, you are my baby, baby, baby~~
Baby, baby, baby~~
(LH) I can't stop...I summoned the courage to love you...
(L) I just want to look at you..."

 

"That was so uexpected!" May started speaking as soon as they stepped out from the back-stage.

Grace nodded her head. She was totally in a dream-land and she didn't know why they would think of doing something like that!

"Let's get out of here..." Grace said as she dragged May out of the hall before any more awkward encounters could happen.

May obeyed whatever she said and followed her...

 

"What's the time?" Luhan asked Kris as soon as their performance was over.

Kris sighed and looked at his watch, "It's 12:15, why?" he looked at Luhan.

Luhan shook his head and smiled, "Aniyo, nothing! I was just asking!" he said and looked out of the hall. She's been gone for almost 40 minutes now... he sighed as he kept looking at the door.

 

"Hyung, we did great." Kai said as he patted on Suho's back.

Suho still couldn;t get his mind off of her...the way she had looked in his eyes when they were dancing..he really couldn't believe it.

"Yes." he smiled and looked at . He looked at his watch and then at the door, "It's almost time for us to go. Will she come back?"

 

"Unni..I think we should get going now." May said as she looked at the time. The program must be probably over by now.

Grace nodded her head as she got up. They both were sitting in their usual stop. The staircase to the terrace. 

Both of them went towards the hall and as luck would have it, there was no single person.

Grace heaved a sigh of a relief but May looked a bit disappointed.

"Unni..we have to go. Now!" she said and started dragging her unni all the way to the ground floor.

"But why?" Grace asked, she couldn;t understand why she was behaving this way.

"Unni," May smiled and looked at her, "I need to thank him."

 

And just in the nick of time, the reached the reception... and they were not gon yet.

Grace's heart started beating as soon as she saw him walking towards her...she didn't know what to do...

Suho smiled at her as he took out the small ring he was wearing and gave it to her, "Keep this with you...I wish I had more time. Wait for me until I come back, okay?"

She felt sad...she would never really get a chance to see him ever again.. Grace smiled and nodded her head.

May searched through the crowd...and that's when she finally saw him. 

She wasn't sure of what to say...she really didn't know what to say...

Luhan quickly turned and looked at her. He smiled and she did the same too. He had wanted to see her.....

They slowly stepped towards each other, their heart beating fast each passing second.

Before Luhan could take a step towards her, Chanyeol interrupted them as he came in between. He smiled brightly at May and looked at her, "You're gonna catch a cold." he said and pointed towards her half-sleeved shirt. It was really cold and May actually forgot her coat at the stairs...

Chanyeol smiled as he unwrapped the scarf around his neck. He stepped towards her wrapped the warm scarf around her neck, "There...it'll keep you warm." he smiled at her.

But all this while, she couldn't really concentrate on what Chanyeol was saying. She was only looking at Luhan...and he was also looking at her only.

 

The manager called them back as soon as their limo arrived. The people bid EXO farewell as they stepped out.

Luhan turned to look at her one final time before going away.

 

No Luhan..you'll regret it. he thought. And he knew what he had to do.

Luhan quickly turned back as she started running towards the reception, praying inside that she was still there...

"Wait!" he shouted as soon as he saw her.

May quickly turned her back at the familiar voice....

Luhan stopped in between as he took some deep breaths. He went towards her slowly and slowly...

Luhan smiled and he took off the scarf around her neck, "That fool...only giving you this thin scarf.." he said and took out his jackets as he wrapped it around her shoulder.

She smiled and looked at him, "Thanks..."

Luhan sighed as reached for his neck. He slowly took out the pendant that he has had for years...it was given to him byt his mother.

He went towards her slowly and put the necklace around her neck...

"I'll forever be your Peter Pan...I'll still wait expectantly for you in time. Don't forget me." he spoke in his soft voice as he kissed her softly on her fore-head before finally going away.

 

Grace and May...

They knew that it might take time....

But they had left behing promises that they knew were gonna be fulfilled someday in the future.