An Adventure

Distance

"Jini-ya~could you clear the weeds in the frontyard before the guests arrive, please?" Mama Park shouted as it echoed along the stairs and travelled all the way to Jini's room on first floor.

"Ne omma! I'll be there in just a second!" Jini was reading her all-time favourite magazine, SMac by SM. Her dreams of being a singer never faded, she had always looked up to Victoria, a vocalist from Bloom (aka her all-time favourite group), hoping to meet her in person one day. Jini would sing songs while she worked in the field, her family knew about her dreams, but they had never supported her, because they thought she would never succeed.

The Parks', were handsdown the wealthiest family on the outskirts of Seoul city. Well, at least, they were rich enough to afford an estate (which was originally passed down by the Lee ancestors). The Parks' and Lees' had been best friends for over the years, their bond with each other was unbreakable. The first few ancestors had initially planned to let the decesdants of the Parks' marry the Lees', but the chain soon broke when one of the Lees' decided to marry someone else other than a Park, but that was many, many years ago. 

~listening to MYNAME's Baby I'm Sorry~

Jini's house was designed by her father. It wasn't a bungalow but it was surely enough for 3 persons to live in. The house was on top of a slight dune just above the large hectar of field with different kinds of plantations, and the especially large piece was a paddy field. It was a double-storey house, where the mailpost was painted pastel pink (which was Jini's favourite colour); there was a path with plants that blossomed on both sides that led to their door - Mr. Park had specially ordered a brass doorknob so it would match the yellowish gold door; there were two squared-windows on each sides of the house, as for the other part of the house, it was painted baby blue. Inside, a beautiful scenery painting was hung on the centers of the living room, there weren't at all any sofas, or rather long chairs, they were all replaced by stools and benches (yes, this was how 'rich' they were). There was a bookshelf made by Jini's father himself. The books placed on it were all Jini's favourites, and her collection of SMac magazines. The dining hall was just beside the living room, there placed a round table, two ceiling lights were installed and there was only one standing fan (the village was always sunny but breezy so fans weren't necessary). There were houses nearby, too, but they weren't as nicely-designed and built as the Parks'. The villagers loved visiting the Parks', partly because they were well, rich, and they prepared the best food (thanks to Mama Park); and partly because the Parks' were really kind human beings.

Today, they were going to celebrate one of the Lee's birthdays, the birthday boy was a tall skinny young adult entering his early 20s. He was none other than Lee Taemin. Unlike the other Lees', Taemin was really passionate about music and dancing. He had represented his school in severeal dancing competitions, and he was one of the fews who had the golden oppourtunities to visit the city. He considered Jini a noona, Taemin was really protective over her. Once when both Jini and Taemin were still in high school, the school bully - Yunho had scribbled over Jini's textbook as a prank; or he would bully Jini by teasing her - in everyway, when Taemin knew about it, he went up to Yunho and fought with him, all for Jini. Jini had also considered Taemin her dongsaeng, she bought the best gift in the giftshop down the village street - a new pair of boots with special drawings of a few of Taemin's favourite things. 

Jini wore a denim overalls with a plain t-shirt underneath, and her favourite black waterproof boots. She had beautiful waterfall braids on. (as usual, her country fashion was revealing, but nobody cared, because they were all the same kind). Her present for Taemin was placed right under the table in her room. Slowly, guests arrived. The villagers were very keen on doing this a loud and merry one, as Taemin had achieved things none had ever achieved in the village. They loved Taemin.

Taemin, on the other hand, was on his way for his own birthday party, he decided he would go to Jini's place early to get ready. He went through the backdoor (which only a few would know as it was a secret passage made by Mr. Park himself). 

"Jini noona!" Taemin called out for Jini, who was still upstairs fixing her hair when she heard Taemin.

"Ah~Taeminnie? Chakhaman! I'm coming down!" by the term "Taeminnie", we can already see how close Jini and Taemin were.

Jini came down, to look at a young handsome man in a suit and tie with his hair brushed up to a quiff. Taemin bought the suit and tie in the city with his cash prize he had won from his last competition. Well, he really deserved the suit. Her eyes were sparkling, as if she had just seen an angel. Jini went up to him.

"Hmm look who's getting more and more handsome each day?" Jini smiled at Taemin. She had seen Taemin's growth, as they lived together in the same village at a very young age.

"...and please stop growing, it makes me feel like you're my oppa when I stand beside you.

"Ah noona~! Kamsahamnida! You're very pretty yourself too, I promise I will get you city clothes when I go to Seoul again, okay?" he replied softly, slightly blushing. 

They had conversations on random things, such as Jini's dreams, et cetera, as usual. Her last sentence was "someday, I will go to the city and get you stuff too!" exclaiming her excitement. Jini fixed Taemin's suit and hair...and the party had begun.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, elderlies and youngsters, boys and girls, today we have all gathered here to celebrate our child star - Lee Taemin's 21st Birthday!", the voluntary emcee said.

The party got merrier and livelier. Firstly, Taemin performed. His dance moves were so swift, even the younger girls had fallen in love with him, for sure! They played folk songs which all the villagers loved and danced along to. But somehow, Jini wasn't in the mood. She kept thinking about moving to the city and her dream of being a singer. She stopped dancing and went back straight up to her room. She locked to the door to prevent people from going in. After a few moments of burrying herself in deep thoughts, she had finally made up her mind. 

I AM GOING TO THE CITY, NOW.

Jini reluctantly grabbed a saggy but huge bag and stuffed all her personal belongings inside (excluding the books). It's 11:32am now, Taemin once told me the bus would come every 1 hour starting from 6am, so the bus should be here in about less than an hour, I should hurry! she thought to herself. Before Jini left, she wrote a note and it read:

Umma, Appa, this is your daughter Jini,

Thank you for everythingou've done and given to me throughout the 23 years of my living life. I'm leaving now and I will prove to you and I promise to come back after I've succeeded, pelase wait for me! Taeminnie, forgive noona for leaving your party, your present is under this table, take it yourself! Annyeong~

Jini xx

Initially, Jini had never had a thought of leaving. She knew her mum never liked her being a singer, but she would risk everything it takes to be one. Her eyes teared up when she wrote that simple note. She put it under her unused table lamp, crossing her fingers hoping they would read it.

With that, she grabbed some money and snuck out of the house through the backdoor. She sprinted like Usain Bolt to the bus station and she was still in my denim overall, black boots and messed up waterfall braids, leaving Taemin's party without anyone knowing.

"Ahjussi, do you go to Gangnam-gu?" Jini asked the driver politely.

"Ye, that would be 2,000 won, get your ticket here and have a seat, please!" 

Jini was confused with the ticket machine, because she had never seen one. It was very unusual for her to see one. "Ouh, how does this thing work, ahjussi?" Jini asked again, trying not to sound too iritating. 

"Just put your notes or coins inside and your ticket will be printed out!" The bus driver answered back with a smile.

Oh...Jini inserted 2,000 won and there, her golden ticket to Gangnam. The trip would last for an hour, Jini rested her head leaning against the window and closed her eyes...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1! :)

Hey non-existent readers, I MAY not update the GD fic because you see...I want to focus on this. :c I'm still considering though, but for now, enjoy this. :)