Hyuk 01

A Dreamland of Stories (Temporary)

Title: Hyuk 01

Character(s): Hyuk (VIXX) & Kang Haein (OC)

Description: When Hyuk practices confessing to Haein but Haein overhears

 

Hyuk paced around frantically while holding a bouquet of pale yellow roses in his hands. He was in an empty hallway, after all the classes ended, near Haein’s locker. She had extracurricular activities so she wouldn’t be out until another period.

Hyuk held out the flowers. “Haein… Do you want to go out on a d-date with me?” Hyuk faced the locker and scratched the back of his head embarrassingly. The locker was Hyuk’s imaginary Haein.

“Aish…” Hyuk kicked the floor and tried again. “Haein… I was wondering if you’d want to get a drink w-with me… and possibly be my g-girlfriend?” He nervously bit his lip. “Ugh, this is so hard.” He was about to pull his hair out. “Maybe I should try tomorrow?...”

Haein peeked from behind the wall that was close to her locker. She chuckled at Hyuk’s confession to her locker and put her back against on the wall.

Due to Hyuk’s amazing hearing skills, he heard a girly chuckle from behind the wall. He cautiously walked towards the source, afraid that it would be some stranger laughing at him.

He saw a familiar girl with chocolate brown hair holding a textbook. Hyuk’s eyes rounded in realization. “Oh my god. HAEIN!” Hyuk’s cheeks turned bright pink and he stumbled a few steps back. “What are you doing here?” He bit his lip.

Haein got off the wall. “Can’t a girl go to her locker without getting interrogated?” She smiled. “I’m here to put my textbook back in my locker.” Haein snickered and walked towards Hyuk. “Well, what are you doing here in front of my locker?”

“Uhm… I… I… Uhm…” Hyuk stuttered and immediately remembered the roses. He held it tight against his back so Haein wouldn’t see. “I just happened to stop by.” He fibbed.

“What’s behind your back?” Haein was curious and it was fun teasing Hyuk. “Is that for me? Or my locker?” Haein couldn’t hold back and her laugh tinkled through Hyuk’s ears.

“Hey! Are you playing with me, Haein?!” Hyuk pretended to be mad at her, but he knew he couldn’t be.

“Well, who’s the tough guy? Confessing to someone’s locker?” Haein retorted and her eyes shined when she laughed.

Since Hyuk knew she had heard everything, he couldn’t back down now. “Well… Here goes.” Hyuk stepped closer to Haein and her eyes rounded because she didn’t know he was actually serious.

“Haein, would you like to go out after school?” Hyuk smiled and held out the roses.

Haein was baffled. “Oh… Sanghyuk.” She took a while to absorb the information.

Haein smiled and nodded. “Sure. I’d love to go somewhere.” She took the flowers from Hyuk and smelled its beautiful scent.

She looked up at him. “You’re so cute when you confess to my locker like that.”

Hyuk’s ears reddened and he covered his face. “Stop talking about it. Just know that I like you enough to confess to an inanimate object.”

Haein blushed and curled a strand of hair behind her ear. “I have club. I’ll see you later.” She waved and walked up the stairs.

“I’ll be here waiting.” Hyuk waved while rubbing the back of his neck. He jumped after she had gone. “YES!”

Haein chuckled. “I saw that too. You’re adorable.” She finally left after that and Hyuk’s ears were redder than before.

“Aish. She’s so sneaky.” He couldn’t help but smile. And pretty, he thought.

+++